Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for May 13, 2015
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:02 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to Alpha's (for now) Show of Wordiness. I don't normally handle this, but until Beta is back, I'll try and muddle through. So if I did this right, here is our intellectual guest-wordy, Wendeldae!

Dudes! Man this place is snazzy! Alpha, you are selling yourself short! This place looks better than what your brother did. Oh, oh, right. Sorry about that. I'll get with the program.

*loudly clears throat*

Hello everybody! Did you I ave a word for you? I know right? It is wonderful! And it is... 'redecorating'

As a bonus I'm going to give you it in a sentence! WOOHOO!

Alpha should push her brother to the side since the redecorating is much better than Beta's horrible color coordination.

Um, thank you Wendeldae. I think I messed something up. He was not quite what I was expecting. Okay I guess check back tomorrow and see if I get the oddness worked out. Or I can hope Beta gets back by then...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#98 3+ *318]

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:16 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Art wise I think Gwynn and Zoe look the best they ever have. It's very crisp and clean.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed May 13, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:35 am 
I'd forgotten how Gwynn saw a lot of the recent plotlines from an outside perspective until recently.

I remember before, she didn't care about the connection between most of Torg's pursuits because her impression what that he was doing most them out of denial over what they thought was Zoe's death, and she wanted no part of that. So she'd have missed how Oasis, hC and such were all connected, and how he joined the Minion Master in part to investigate that.

She's being a bit of a jerk lumping Mokhadun into that, though.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:51 am 
Wow, sounds like Gwynn already got turned into a toad or something.

Oh, wait, that's normal for her.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:37 am 
CodeBlack wrote:
I'd forgotten how Gwynn saw a lot of the recent plotlines from an outside perspective until recently.

I remember before, she didn't care about the connection between most of Torg's pursuits because her impression what that he was doing most them out of denial over what they thought was Zoe's death, and she wanted no part of that. So she'd have missed how Oasis, hC and such were all connected, and how he joined the Minion Master in part to investigate that.

All of this.

Also, I *really* hope we continue to avoid the "Ross and Rachel" level of idiocy that effs up the plot. I trust Pete, so my hope is really more of an assumption.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:38 pm 
CodeBlack wrote:

And not only that, but that the connection between almost all of them is Zoe. Working for Minion Master is the most involved, but besides investigating hC (which is connected to finding the truth about Oasis, in hopes of stopping her from killing Zoe out of jealousy), the other reason for Torg to work with Minion Master in the R&D wars was to get access to technology that would help Sasha improve the DFA and get access to the dimension Zoe got zapped into.

And on that last point, even if Torg were to acknowledge that Zoe was probably dead, he wouldn't be able to get closure until he was sure - and until Riff brought her back, the only way Torg could get that closure would be to gain access to the dimension Zoe got zapped into (therefore figuring out the DFA, therefore working with MM for potential DFA tech).

CodeBlack wrote:

And here we have the one that wasn't ultimately about Zoe, and actually was about Gwynn. Unfortunately, Gwynn's self-absorption is the one area of her character that she's been slowest to grow out of. There've been some signs that she's getting there, but not enough, not yet.

The crucial point that Gwynn is missing about Torg is that he doesn't drop things - he prioritizes. He tries to identify the thing that poses the greatest threat to what he cares about at the moment, and devotes all his resources to that until the threat is countered, then moves on to the next thing.

Or put even most simply: the conversation Gwynn missed, the one that would correct her misunderstanding about Torg if she'd been there for, is this one. Or possibly just this one sentence:

:torg: Oasis, the gymnastic assassin who keeps coming back from the dead and who can set things on fire with her mind, who almost fatally burned Riff, Zoe, and Bun-Bun... we'll finally learn her secrets and stop her once and for all. It's always been about Oasis, because she's the real threat to you guys, my friends.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:49 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Well, Gwynn has never understood Torg, really. Early on, she didn't care to, and now, she's so lost in her own viewpoint and all her previous wrong conclusions about him, she may never figure out what he's really all about.

In short, though Gwynn may have improved her eyesight, she's still myopic.

LB :zoe:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions