Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for May 20, 2015
 Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:21 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the Beta Show of Wordiness. I have seemed to of worked the various kinks out and re-bolted the doors. So there should be no problem with Wednesday doing the show for you instead of myself.

I must thank you, Beta for the wonderful accommodation here. They are very spartan but very cozy. But I shouldn't waste time with these platitudes. I need to give everyone watching, the word!

Today's word is the much overused and much maligned word of, 'war'. Now the surprise sentence for the word...

The hidden 'war' already has a winner, so don't think you can stop it.

What the hell Wednesday? That doesn't make any sense. Knew I shouldn't of let you ab-lib this show...

*off screen laughter*

Alpha, why are you laughing? Don't make me put you back in the box.

*indecipherable mumbling*

Wait... That would mean... Oh you little b-

*static*

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#96 +0 *516]

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:50 am 
It is good to see Gwynn engage in noble pursuits.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:57 am 
So we're yet again showing that Gwynn is an incredibly horrible person after a very tiny amount of showing her to be at least marginally sympathetic?

I can't figure out if we're supposed to like her or hate her and I feel like she's been Flanderized into a parody of herself.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:25 am 
Oh man Gwynn's getting played.
Theresa's upbringing as the daughter of two supervillains is really paying off though, in the deceit and manipulation department. It's good to see someone finally pursuing the family business for once! Good for her!

Xane, I don't think Gwynn's ever met someone whose force of personality has outmatched hers. She's been reduced to minion status and hasn't even realized it yet. The bossy ones are always slow on the uptake - lack of experience, you see.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:30 am 
Ugh. Just no. What is this, an Archie comic with Veronica scheming to break up Archie and Betty? The minute Torg and Zoe get together after years and years, a literal femme fatale turns up specifically to undermine their relationship, Zoe turns miserable and jealous and Torg is written like some kind of doofus man-trophy. They've become a walking collection of tropes.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Kea wrote:
Ugh. Just no. What is this, an Archie comic with Veronica scheming to break up Archie and Betty? The minute Torg and Zoe get together after years and years, a literal femme fatale turns up specifically to undermine their relationship, Zoe turns miserable and jealous and Torg is written like some kind of doofus man-trophy. They've become a walking collection of tropes.

Amen to that. If this story doesn't end with Torg and/or Zoe telling them off, it could seriously effect my enjoyment of this comic. The whole "will they or won't they" thing got so old, so long ago. I just want to see two people get together and be happy, without trying to hamfist in drama. Especially when a story already has plenty of other conflict to work with.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:53 am 
I expect Riff will have to step in and have a deep and ernest heart-to-heart with everyone. Riff and Bun-bun.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:33 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
Kea wrote:

Amen to that. If this story doesn't end with Torg and/or Zoe telling them off, it could seriously effect my enjoyment of this comic. The whole "will they or won't they" thing got so old, so long ago. I just want to see two people get together and be happy, without trying to hamfist in drama. Especially when a story already has plenty of other conflict to work with.

What I think is that is it way too soon to spread doubt on their status.
After all, they just got together right now. Well, the have been a lot of strips between getting together and now, but the number of strips they have actually been seen together as a couple is still very low.
I guess in a little while people will get used to Torg + Zoe as a couple, and a dramatic breakup risk would work better - it will seem like a change, and not just the status quo "we long for each other but don't date for some odd reason".

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:28 am 
balthazar wrote:
I expect Riff will have to step in and have a deep and ernest heart-to-heart with everyone. Riff and Bun-bun.

I dunno.

Hey Yodimus Prime, where do we read that Teresa is the daughter of two supervillains?

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:35 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
Kea wrote:

yeah, me too. I could see this if they had just met recently and started dating, but Torg and Zoe have known each other and been friends for years, as well as also having been through all sorts of intense times together. The kind of things that make you really get to know a person. Think about the people you've known well for a long time. You know already which of them are players and which of them aren't.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:49 am 
plipsig wrote:
Eagle299 wrote:
Kea wrote:

yeah, me too. I could see this if they had just met recently and started dating, but Torg and Zoe have known each other and been friends for years, as well as also having been through all sorts of intense times together. The kind of things that make you really get to know a person. Think about the people you've known well for a long time. You know already which of them are players and which of them aren't.

Bear in mind we still don't know *exactly* why Zoe is angry. Yes, there's the obvious, but she may be (a) just letting off steam at Torg's stupidity or (b) suspicious of outside interference.

And yeah, I don't think Pete is going to subject us to Ross and Rachel here. He's a whole lot more creative than that.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:17 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
She's the sister of a supervillain (Monicruel), not the daughter, right? Although anyone who would name their children Slaughteresa and Monicruel was probably at least a touch evil.

I say give Pete some time here. you know he is master of manipulating *our* emotions!

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:57 pm 
balthazar wrote:

Riff thinks all problems can be solved with explosives, and Bun=Bun's idea of a heart to heart involves massive amounts of blood.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:08 pm 
Pavod wrote:
balthazar wrote:

Riff thinks all problems can be solved with explosives, and Bun=Bun's idea of a heart to heart involves massive amounts of blood.

Riff have grown as a character, to the point of having more than the explosive/dunno duo to handle problems.
Remember could we not do "this"?? :riff:

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:22 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Okay, that's a step in the right direction. There are a lot of places this can go.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions