Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for May 28, 2015
 Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:57 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the Zillatain Show of Weirdness. To help with this first show, Thursday will be kicking it off.

What the hell is this crap? The Wordiness one made more sense. It had a format you could easily follow. This one sounds like you have no idea what you're doing when you took over the show.

That's because I have no clue what I'm doing.

What do you mean? You commandeered the previous show by having Alpha turn on her brother and having Fri hack the feed and speak in encrypted subliminal messages.

You forgot the cloning mishap with the rat-bears.

When the hell did that happen?!?

Didn't that occur when... Huh. That was something else wasn't it? That's right, there where less human casualties with that one compared to the show takeover. Only about 100 were eviscerated.

I don't remember any humans becoming casualties in the show.

It was off-camera. And I don't think they want me to talk about the radioactive zombies that are roaming the countryside. I can talk about the cloning mishap instead if you want to.

Ah... I'm going to regret this, but what happened?

Well instead of rat-bears, they were rat-beers. When people saw them, they tried to drink them. The rat-beers didn't like that. At all.

I have to say the sharpened aluminum teeth and claws worked as designed at least. Having blood that was pure grain alcohol, not as much.

... Screw this. I'm leaving. This is making less sense, the longer you talk.

Wait, the weirdness hasn't started yet.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#96 +0 *711]

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 am 
"You get bored with something, and you just throw it away!?"

...she said, as she threw it away.

Last edited by garyfritz on Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 am 
It's so weird seeing someone show actual concern for ZHOAS. Normally she's the Zoidberg of Sluggy Freelance.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:19 am 
I'm not sure that Zoe is showing actual concern for ZHOAS. I think she may just be using ZHOAS as a prop, albeit a metaphorical prop for their relationship as opposed to the literal, physical kind of prop purposes for which Torg often uses ZHOAS.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:23 am 
Maybe it's time to give Zhoas a decent burial. Yes, she wanted to kill Gwynn before she was decapitated, but come on ... she has been punished long enough!

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:34 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
This is getting ridiculous.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:26 am 
I think I would have rather never seen Torg and Zoe get together in the first place than go through this. Not so nifty.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:51 am 
This looks like the set-up to another classic Pete fake-out.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:26 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Kea wrote:
This looks like the set-up to another classic Pete fake-out.

I hope you're right. Because I really do not enjoy this sort of "drama." If this a build up to something like, say, Torg and Zoe being onto Teresa's game and they're playing her, then fine, this could be fun looking back. Most other ways this seems to be going, though, well, I'm enjoying the stuff with Bun Bun and the Black Ops Elves much more.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:49 am 
Torg is obviously (several strips back, as well as several years ago) feeling some Oasis similarities with Teresa. Naturally this deeply concerns him regarding Zoe.

As for the ZHOAS line, yeah -- I think it's less about her actual consideration of Jane (though Zoe is the caring sort) and more about trying to find anything to pry Torg out of his Riff-esque silence.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:37 pm 
I keep hoping for a plot twist instead of things like Gwynn spending all her time at Mohkadun whining about not having fashionable shoes being left as-is, but it sure doesn't happen very often anymore.

I agree that I would rather not have seen Torg and Zoë together than to go through the stereotypical drama. Another webcomic with a long-running "will they or won't they" even had an entire conversation devoted that "we are NOT going to go anywhere near this ridiculous cliché or even try to subvert it" after they got together.

The forum feels like it's even less busy than usual lately. I don't find that surprising at all.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:08 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
:kiki: stay...

umm...

:aylee: turn good, plotline! We need a twist!

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 am 
Oh I'm sure the plot will go somewhere. About when Pete decides to finally reveal what is up with Teresa. He wouldn't be building up the similarities between her and Oasis unless it was for some kind of twist (even if it was in the vein of "gee, that is a coincidence, isn't it! And we were so worried about her this whole time!")

Right now I think this is less about Torg and Zoë than it is about Gwen seeing past her old viewpoint of Torg directly after Oasis' attack. That's only being addressed now, years later. Notice how Gwen has been the witness to almost every conversation between Torg and Zoë? Sometimes the artwork tells more of the story then the words on the page.

Of course, there is a contingent of people who just don't like Gwen and don't care about her plots (let alone giving them a closer look), so it doesn't surprise me that this place is inactive ATM.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions