Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for May 29, 2015
 Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:02 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the Zillatain Show of Weirdness...take two. Yesterday was not all that helpful, so hopefully Friday will be able to liven the weirdness up.

Fmg uwct ev tm jnsvc nt gi?

I was hoping.

N'e cmt zgxv qmu I we rmncr tm km tqwt uqvc cmymkf bwc gckvxztwck uqwt n we zwfncr. Vabjgkncr fmg mh bmgxzv.

True, you may have a point.

N evwc tqvf bmgjk nh tqvf uwctvk tm. Tqvxv wxv ewcf vwzf tm hnck zntvz mc tqv uvy tqwt bmgjk txwczjwtv uqwt n we zwfncr nc enjjnzvbmckz nh tqvf bmgjk yv ymtqvxvk. knk fmg dcmu qmu jwof tqvf wxv?

No I do not.

Km fmg xveveyvx tqwt N qwk Tgvzkwf rnsv tqve wc GXJ tm bqvbd mgt tqwt qwk wjj mh tqv txwczjwtnmcz?

Of course I remember. I wrote it.

Cmt w zncrjv ivxzmc qwz bqvbdvk nt mgt...nh N xveveyvxvk tqv snvu bmgct bmxxvbtjf. Ixvttf zgxv n knk tqmgrq.

Huh. I better check that. *checks* Damn, that's pathetic.

N dcmu xnrqt? Nt'z lgzt- Uwnt, wxv fmg twjdncr wymgt tqve mx gz?

Hmm...

Fmg dcmu... I bmgjk bwjj Ivtv cwevz, mx twjd wymgt bmmdncr qnz qvwk nc w rxnjj tqvc vwt qnz lgnbf hjvzq...

Ah, crispy, crispy, bacon!

Mq xnrqt, N hmxrmt fmg jndv jndv fmgx ztvwdz tm yv bmmdvk gctnj tqvf yvbmev ygxct jvwtqvx.

Not the analogy I would of used, but not too far from the truth.

Ge, nt nz rvttncr jwtv. Ewfyv fmg zqmgjk uxwi tqnz gi.

Fine.

Well folks, we seem to of run out of time yet again. Who knows what next week may bring. Until then, bye.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#95 +1 *744]

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 am 
Well, that was a turn I didn't see coming.

If he wants to kill her, he's got the sword; the hard part would be finding some blood of the innocent, since everyone in the vicinity is working for Bun-bun, afterall.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 am 
She's not a demon. Won't destroying her brain be sufficient, as per classic zombie lore? Maybe not, but do we have evidence to the contrary?

This is a pleasantly surprising departure from the expected. However, it doesn't seem to subvert the direction of the Torg/Zoe drama so much as delay it. Regardless, I'll take it. It's both a more interesting direction for the plot, however temporary, and goes in the direction of resolving the problem that ZHOAS humor has gotten progressively more disturbing and less funny as time went on.

Last edited by Lord Golbez on Fri May 29, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 am 
Fianna Lord wrote:

If he wants to kill her, he's got the sword; the hard part would be finding some blood of the innocent, since everyone in the vicinity is working for Bun-bun, afterall.

There's always Zoe.

What's this "marco" line about? It's a complete non-sequitur to me.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:16 am 
Well, this is interesting. It's Gwynn that sees what Torg is thinking.. and is providing the sympathetic ear. Torg is growing up when it comes to some things.. and so is Gwicked Gwitch of the Gwest.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
Fianna Lord wrote:

There's always Zoe.

What's this "marco" line about? It's a complete non-sequitur to me.

Marco was a plant Zombie that was in total danger of loosing his soul before he died., he could have easily gone to the other side if cirucmstances were different. He saw Marco as a person, as well as a plant zombie, so he is seeing Zhoas as a person too,

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wow Gwynn. You never told anyone about Jane.

I'm not sure what is more pathetic: Trying to break-up Zoe and Torg for stupid reasons. Or pretending that Jane is merely a "thing" after all of these years, when all she wanted to do was eat your brain. Which may have improved your demeanor.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:34 am 
Introspective Torg is introspective.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:35 am 
It's completely unclear if Torg and Riff heard Gwynn so Pete could take it either way.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20090218

Gwynn being a jerk as usual was the first thing that went through my mind, but then I considered maybe she means "who she was before she was zombified". Jane's story was probably a huge lie, after all. Unfortunately she may be the last resource they have for more info on Orisintos.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 am 
Yup, it's about time Gwynn speaks up about the history between ZHOAS and her monkeys.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:43 am 
Obviously, Gwynn is lying because Torg's revelation makes her feel uncomfortable about how she acted even though she knew Jane when she still acted like a person. That said, I think you're downplaying her motivation to torture Jane, considering she ate her monkeys, which Gwynn put in her care, basically tried to mentally break her down after kidnapping her, and ultimately tried to kill and eat her and would have succeeded if it weren't for Gwynn's magic. Frankly, I don't even blame Gwynn for treating ZHOAS like poop even though she knew her as Jane. Nor do I blame her for keeping quiet about knowing her, all things considered.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:46 am 
Yes! It took this long before Torg or someone else pointed out the obvious about "Zhoas". That it's grotesque, absolutely inhuman to keep her around and torture her.

I never liked "humor" that is based on bullying, and that is all the Zhoas character is about, bullying her. Ha ha, how funny that she suffers when Torg treats her like a thing.

Yes, she was evil when she had a body. But that was a long time ago. Ever heard of war crimes? Such as torturing someone for years and saying it's all right because she used to be an enemy.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:57 am 
One detail, her partial regeneration while being taken care of by Bestseid showed she didn't stop being evil when she lost her body. She was just rendered harmless.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:16 am 
So that's what's bugging Torg. I didn't see that coming.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
This has been a while coming. Not that Jane didn't deserve every second of it, but there comes a time when you just gotta go out there and put your rotting zombie head out to pasture.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions