Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:02 pm 
I agree with the general consensus. This was a good send-off for Jane/ZHOAS and a great character strip for Gwynn.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:29 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
This was beautiful. A fitting end to ZHOAS and great character development for Gwynn. I haven't felt this moved by a Sluggy strip for a long time. Nice job, Pete!!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 pm 
Cow_k wrote:
I always was put off by ZHOAS because I always thought her existence was a little too morbid, even for Torg and crew, but this really brings it full circle. I'm glad you went through with putting her down and I love the way you did it.

I always thought that ZHOAS was more interesting as Jane. As Jane she was an effective villain and a downright Lovecraftian take on zombies. Plus she gave Gwynn a personal enemy besides the Bug who could get under her skin and show who and what Gwynn cares about.

As ZHOAS she was initially funny because it was... fitting for Gwynn to take one look at Jane's fate and laugh. But it was always a one note joke, and after the initial story ended my impression became the same as Zoƫ's. It just stopped being funny and became dull and grotesque.

This is a good way to end her. With Gwynn acknowledging her real identity while also letting Torg and Riff remember her as the (mostly) harmless ZHOAS. And I do believe this is the first villain to be slain by a member of the crew who forgives them. :kiki:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:55 pm 
Someone is looking out from inside the grave. If it isn't Jane, and if it isn't the bug, and if it's too soon for a repeat of the plant-zombie plot, then who?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:35 pm 
Bolger wrote:
Someone is looking out from inside the grave. If it isn't Jane, and if it isn't the bug, and if it's too soon for a repeat of the plant-zombie plot, then who?

It wouldn't be the first time a story (movie, et cetera) has shot from inside a hole being filled -- even if there's nothing alive in the hole.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions