Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday just read its emails and now it's pissed. Wasted six hours last night (and stayed up much too late) all because of one check mark.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#75 +0 *805]

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 am 
In frame 3, TJJ's right hand (resting on her left arm) is wrong. I know she has her hands behind her back, but that's not how a right hand would appear. Unless Black Ops Elves have some very interested multiple-jointed anatomy.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:51 am 
Well Torg knew Riff would react badly to him saying RnD Wars. And it appears the ropes are holding.

Now we get to see if Riff's head explodes, or he actually opens up and fills in some of the things he may not of mentioned when he told them about about 4U City. ... Like a certain woman that was never mentioned when he was telling them about it?

And I'm trying to remember if Bun-Bun ever heard him mention "Timeless Space"...

I can't find anything... Which is annoying since they both have pieces of a puzzle but instead of putting them down on the table to try and finish the thing, they hold on to them and stay oblivious. Of course that can be said about many of the characters actually

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:09 am 
If Bun-Bun did hear him say "Timeless Space," it's unlikely he would care or share. Timeless Space was only a place to get out of for Bun-Bun and now that he's out it probably wouldn't interest him to hear Riff bring it up, so he probably wouldn't bother talking about his experience there either.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:37 am 
Bun Bun has kept mum about Timeless Space in much the same way not even "Torg, King of the Black Ops Elves, First of his Name" is aware that Santa is real and feuding with the bunny.

And I never really connected that Torg had kept the burgeoning R&D Wars from Riff's knowledge. Damn! This should be interesting!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:10 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Bun Bun has kept mum about Timeless Space in much the same way not even "Torg, King of the Black Ops Elves, First of his Name" is aware that Santa is real and feuding with the bunny.

And I never really connected that Torg had kept the burgeoning R&D Wars from Riff's knowledge. Damn! This should be interesting!

Well, he sorta did mention it

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:04 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
erewhon wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

Well, he sorta did mention it

Yeah that's what has me confused. No need for air quotes, they've had a discussion about all this. I feel like we're about to get a recap that's meant more for us than the characters. Which I guess is ok, get everyone on the same page after 4 years (and it's crazy to think the end of 4U was that long ago).

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 am 
Celadon wrote:
Yeah that's what has me confused. No need for air quotes, they've had a discussion about all this.

I think the air quotes are because Schlock is now using that term.

Silly me; I just realized today that we've been getting daily comics all week! Nice way to catch up :)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:23 pm 
Celadon wrote:
Yeah that's what has me confused. No need for air quotes, they've had a discussion about all this.

Maybe Schlock's usage of the weaponized DFA is news? No, Riff knows HC put DFA cannons on their REA ripoffs of his Mark Whatevers. Doesn't he know that HC DFA'd Monicruel?

Quote:
(and it's crazy to think the end of 4U was [4 years] ago).

This !!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:33 pm 
Wouldn't it just be the R&D War, singular, at this point?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:57 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
garyfritz wrote:
In frame 3, TJJ's right hand (resting on her left arm) is wrong. I know she has her hands behind her back, but that's not how a right hand would appear. Unless Black Ops Elves have some very interested multiple-jointed anatomy.

Look again. She's actually doing a thumb's up in front of her chest.

Also, panel three reminds me of the old "Pete is Lazy Week" back in the days of yore.

LB :zoe:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:09 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Celadon wrote:

Maybe Schlock's usage of the weaponized DFA is news? No, Riff knows HC put DFA cannons on their REA ripoffs of his Mark Whatevers. Doesn't he know that HC DFA'd Monicruel?

Torg likes corny dramatic emphasis is all. He knows what those words will mean to Riff.

Re. DFA equipped REA's, Riff knew about them in 4U. He may have hoped that the attack on HereticCorp's data and taking down NoFun group had changed things enough to delay their deployment in Sluggy Prime .

Also we don't know how much Theresa has revealed about what happened at Chrushestro HQ. The gang were off the grid with Mokhadun at the time.

Last edited by erewhon on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:23 pm 
LadyBlanc wrote:

Hrmmm. With her nose turned away and her face covered with hair, I thought she was facing away from the camera -- with her hands behind her back, as she was in frame 2. But I think you're right. Odd bit of artwork, though...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:28 am 
garyfritz wrote:
LadyBlanc wrote:

Hrmmm. With her nose turned away and her face covered with hair, I thought she was facing away from the camera -- with her hands behind her back, as she was in frame 2. But I think you're right. Odd bit of artwork, though...

It is indeed. While I agree that the most likely interpretation is she's giving a thumbs up, I don't think it looks most like what either of you said. I think it most looks like someone else is putting a hand on her shoulder from behind.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:50 am 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions