Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Just as not promised, here is Friday.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#71 +1 *846]

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:29 am 
Its all about Oasis.
Its always been about Oasis.
Even when it seems like its about something else, its about Oasis.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:31 am 
For once, I can honestly say that I saw that coming.

Back to the chess metaphor though, if he wants a queen, can't Torg just move one of the pawns to the other side of the board?
I just hope Torg's opening move isn't e4.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:32 am 
Oasis is Queen? Eeep! There is a variant of chess leading to the modern game called Mad Queen's Chess. I believe Torg is playing it.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:35 am 
Red queen to B-1.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 am 
We're missing 2 pawns.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:41 am 
Pete, if you start selling a Sluggy themed chess set I will buy one yesterday.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:45 am 
Well, this just took a disturbing turn. I hope he lets Zoe and co know about this...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:08 am 
ramoss wrote:
Red queen to B-1.

Nice! Wonder who the other two pawns are... and why the pawns would be so relevant as to delay that revelation? ... Oh.... I have an idea, but would be spec ... to the spec forum!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:29 am 
AOL: Eagle299
And now we are playing with fire. In every possible sense. This is a risky move no matter how you look at it. Oasis' combat prowess cannot be denied. She fought Bun Bun, and hurt him as badly as we've ever seen him hurt. But she's unstable at the best of times. Which is a goodish thing if your goal is to point her at HC personnel and watch the blood spatter. And she is perhaps the one person on earth Schlock won't risk DFAing, though I don't know if Torg knows that. But Torg does know that Schlock is camped out on Dr. Steve's old lab, and if the technology to take control of her again survived in any capacity, she could be turned on friendly forces during the battle, which would be bad even if Bun Bun were participating.

I hope Torg knows what he's doing.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:32 am 
Well, if that isn't a cue for a segue/sub-chapter change, I don't know what would be.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:02 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
And now we are playing with fire. In every possible sense. This is a risky move no matter how you look at it. Oasis' combat prowess cannot be denied. She fought Bun Bun, and hurt him as badly as we've ever seen him hurt. But she's unstable at the best of times. Which is a goodish thing if your goal is to point her at HC personnel and watch the blood spatter. And she is perhaps the one person on earth Schlock won't risk DFAing, though I don't know if Torg knows that. But Torg does know that Schlock is camped out on Dr. Steve's old lab, and if the technology to take control of her again survived in any capacity, she could be turned on friendly forces during the battle, which would be bad even if Bun Bun were participating.

True, but Bun-Bun isn't just raw power. He's a strategic fighter. We've seen it again and again and we saw it in how he momentarily got the upper hand in the last battle. He lost because he didn't have all the information. One could argue that there's nothing he could do, but this is Bun-Bun, so I doubt that. If he had known about her power he would have prepared for it, and the battle would have gone differently. Now he does.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:37 am 
Ah, the No Fun Legacy Group.

Prediction -- we'll see Inky again, and then he's going to get DFA'ed into the other dimension so he can join Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:38 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Eagle299 wrote:

True, but Bun-Bun isn't just raw power. He's a strategic fighter. We've seen it again and again and we saw it in how he momentarily got the upper hand in the last battle. He lost because he didn't have all the information. One could argue that there's nothing he could do, but this is Bun-Bun, so I doubt that. If he had known about her power he would have prepared for it, and the battle would have gone differently. Now he does.

And he knows it too. I believe his words were "I'll kill her so hard she stays dead out of fear of me".

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:48 am 
Well, Torg is all in, no holding back.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions