Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursay is depressed.

The car that Yesterday acquired by questionable means, is parked on top of Thursay. The car fell out of the sky. The interior is covered in dust and the exterior is scorched for some reason.

Thursay was flattened and lost a "d" by the sudden unexpected pressure on its body when it was "parked". You wouldn't think so, but it is quite comfortable... As long as you ignore the crushed bones and massive blood loss that is.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#74 +3 *385]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 am 
Aylee still has Spuddy Buddy! Adorable!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:30 am 
Boy, is Sylvia going to be bummed.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:03 am 
Yup, I liked Aylee's Spuddy Buddy too. :-) And Teresa's close-at-hand bat!

As soon as Sylvia showed up, I figured she was the female "ninja" who purloined Sam's bits. Though I wonder why she bothered to leave any footprints. And why Teresa didn't notice that the footprints vanished mysteriously.

And yeah, she's gonna be seriously bummed when she finds out those aren't Lysinda's remains. You gotta wonder why she didn't get suspicious of the "ALL WE FOUND OF SAM" written on the side. At least it used to be written on the side...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:24 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Huh. Based on yesterday's comic I figured she knew it was Sam in the bag.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:53 am 
garyfritz wrote:
As soon as Sylvia showed up, I figured she was the female "ninja" who purloined Sam's bits. Though I wonder why she bothered to leave any footprints. And why Teresa didn't notice that the footprints vanished mysteriously.

Mysteriously vanishing footprints could just be a ninja using leet ninja skills with a wire though the skylight - Mission impossible-style

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:05 am 
Well, that's one mystery solved, and one heck of a surprise for Sylvia.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:11 am 
garyfritz wrote:
And yeah, she's gonna be seriously bummed when she finds out those aren't Lysinda's remains. You gotta wonder why she didn't get suspicious of the "ALL WE FOUND OF SAM" written on the side. At least it used to be written on the side...

Considering it says something different in the next panel, I'm not sure we should assume that was literally written on the bag. Of course, Aylee could have flipped the bag between panels.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:57 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
I assumed that she knows the remains are Sam's, but he's how she's going to get Lysinda back. She said 'the last hope'.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:21 am 
She said "Behold, Queen Lysinda." I think she has no idea that's (what's left of) Sam.

But that would be a bit odd -- if she's got leet enough vamp-clairvoyance that she can *find* Sam's bag, you would think she'd be able to tell what's in it. I figured she divined the location of some Lysinda-circle remains, and assumed it was Lysinda. Which seems like a very presumptuous assumption.

Maybe she said "Hey, these are the remains of the leader of a circle, so it must by Lysinda!" When actually it's the remains of the leader of a cirkail...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am 
garyfritz wrote:
She said "Behold, Queen Lysinda." I think she has no idea that's (what's left of) Sam.

But that would be a bit odd -- if she's got leet enough vamp-clairvoyance that she can *find* Sam's bag, you would think she'd be able to tell what's in it. I figured she divined the location of some Lysinda-circle remains, and assumed it was Lysinda. Which seems like a very presumptuous assumption.

Maybe she said "Hey, these are the remains of the leader of a circle, so it must by Lysinda!" When actually it's the remains of the leader of a cirkail...

That's my guess. Of course by this time we already knew she was the one to grab the remains, and this is just a nice bit of closure (and a glimpse of the long-absent gang, and a spatula joke).

I wonder how much blood it took to get *him* back into action.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:36 pm 
Hey all! Wanted to chime in with some thoughts.

First of all, I feel bad about the footprints "mistake". It was planned that Sylvia silently walked in and grabbed the bag of Sam out from under Teresa-and-companys' noses, and walked out. I just forgot that Lysinda Vampires could fly. I probably would have Teresa comment on how the footsteps "vanished" if I had remembered that. But, *shrug* not THAT big of an issue. She stepped a little. She flew a little. Teresa analyzed what she could.

I don't feel bad as much that in a previous comic the duffel said "All we Found of Sam" on one side and "It's not a lot" on the other. Because clearly to me that was the slapstick acme cartoony-ness that you sometimes get in Sluggy. Like the "sound effects" that are words explaining the action instead of, well, sound effects. Or , if you prefer, Torg wrote on the bag with disappearing sharpie. your choice ;)

Lastly, Sylvia sensed one of her kind in that bag. the faintest of light. The faintest of undead-life of a circle-vampire. That's all she knows. I think that'll be clearer as the strips move on.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:44 pm 
Pete wrote:
I think that'll be clearer as the strips move on.

Which is to say, when she screams, "Oh, crap, not this moron again!"

:)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions