Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:25 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday does not recommend licking a car battery.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#129 -1 *333]

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:31 am 
I see... well... either the history lesson Sylvia gave isn't quite accurate or both Vrykos and Strakoi are dirty backstabbers. I almost feel bad for Lysinda.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:37 am 
If he's telling the truth, then why didn't he come forward with that instead of insulting Urja and goading her into attacking him? And why would attacking Dr. V endanger Philinnon? Something doesn't jive.

Wonder how long it takes for his hands to grow back?

I notice Urja isn't wearing her boob bag...

("Uouch" ??)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:59 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Wait, so why did he kill the hunters?

Nice Muffin and "crazy killer grandpa" reference. Though I have no clue who 'spikey shoulders with cross' guy is.

I also like the funny portrait and symbol above the fire.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:03 am 
One of the silhouettes In the last frame is crazy uncle whatshisname, who was hunting grabrijan. Dr. V. has been tipping off hunters against both lysinda and Vryokolakas.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:56 am 
When I read "Binding magical contract" (next to last panel), I have to think of the "magically binding contract"s that are formed by putting a piece of paper into a goblet and letting it spit out (http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/080317).

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:28 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I see... well... either the history lesson Sylvia gave isn't quite accurate or both Vrykos and Strakoi are dirty backstabbers. I almost feel bad for Lysinda.

They are vampires. OF COURSE they are dirty backstabbers. I highly doubt Lysinda is any different either, except that she got a deal too good to be worth playing for more.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:25 am 
garyfritz wrote:
If he's telling the truth, then why didn't he come forward with that instead of insulting Urja and goading her into attacking him? And why would attacking Dr. V endanger Philinnon? Something doesn't jive.

Wonder how long it takes for his hands to grow back?

I notice Urja isn't wearing her boob bag...

("Uouch" ??)

+1 on all of those.
yaysalt wrote:
One of the silhouettes In the last frame is crazy uncle whatshisname, who was hunting grabrijan. Dr. V. has been tipping off hunters against both lysinda and Vryokolakas.

Arminius, right?

I still don't think we have the whole picture.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:35 pm 
I get the feeling that Vistuvus can lie quickly and easily, and can come up with ideas for self preservation really fast. If Urja was smart, she would get the information, and end it, just in case. However, she's not too smart, now is she.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:33 pm 
Haha, Muffy the Vampire Baker. Damn I miss her. For some reason I kept expecting her and Lara Kraft Macaroni and Cheese to resurface some time.

and Drinky winky too.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:02 pm 
ramoss wrote:
I get the feeling that Vistuvus can lie quickly and easily, and can come up with ideas for self preservation really fast. If Urja was smart, she would get the information, and end it, just in case. However, she's not too smart, now is she.

Since I just realized that she is interrogating him IN HIS HOUSE, I'm ready to agree with the possibility that she's the dumbest vampire that ever lived (sorry Sam, you've been edged out).

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:16 pm 
Plots where you need a whiteboard to follow WTF is going on are just the best.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:57 pm 
Not everyone has a terrible memory.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:31 am 
ZylonBane wrote:
Plots where you need a whiteboard to follow WTF is going on are just the best.

Huh? Can you explain the grumpiness using a flow chart and whiteboard, please? I don't think I can quite follow it.

Plot is nifty new kind of vamp (I quite like Pete's many types of vamp lines -- and I think it predates the similar idea in the Dresden Files) tries to subtly direct Koala-vamps to more efficiently do in Sam-vamps since he can't do it himself because !plot magic, but after much niftyness is defeated by the stupidity and sheer bloody mindedness of the Koalas, and also because master plans with too many moving parts and that depend on others seeing what looks obvious to you are doomed to failure because not everyone's point of view is like your own.

It looks like that last bit may also a pretty good description of the problems that go along with trying to get all your readers to follow the plot of your story if you happen to be an author. . .

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions