Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:23 pm 
zhecht wrote:
Pavod wrote:
On a sidetrack, I believe this ends the longest installment is the Sluggyverse without any of the main characters.

Oceans Unmoving?

Bun Bun was in it. Twice in fact.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:25 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
If it really had been Lysinda, any bets on Daryl's chances not to be offered up as her breakfast?

He may not be offered, but Sam still may be famished.

The Sampire don't hit on no dudes.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:29 pm 
Ah! Right you are. I stand corrected.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:08 pm 
Seriously, nobody said it yet?

SAM'S DA MAN!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:38 pm 
the great part is that no matter how much she hates him, she's stuck with him. Her, Pierre, and Sam are all she's got to work with.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:16 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
zhecht wrote:
Pavod wrote:
On a sidetrack, I believe this ends the longest installment is the Sluggyverse without any of the main characters.

Oceans Unmoving?

Bun Bun is a main character, though, isn't he?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:51 am 
yaysalt wrote:
the great part is that no matter how much she hates him, she's stuck with him. Her, Pierre, and Sam are all she's got to work with.

But what good does he do her? They can't create new vamps without a queen. They can't make baby vamps the old-fashioned way, however much Sam might be willing to try. He's just going to be a thorn in her side and a reminder of the loss of her queen.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:59 am 
garyfritz wrote:
yaysalt wrote:

But what good does he do her? They can't create new vamps without a queen. They can't make baby vamps the old-fashioned way, however much Sam might be willing to try. He's just going to be a thorn in her side and a reminder of the loss of her queen.

Well, I think that depends on the actual rules, which we don't really know. Although, it's not entirely clear if Sylvia does either, and Sam certainly doesn't. I think pointing out that Lysinda's blood was just used to directly resurrect Sam might be relevant to that end.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:30 am 
MasterPokey wrote:
I think I'm really confused.

Dr. V. was working behind the scenes to eliminate the Lysinda Circle? But handed over the actual vial of her blood for use in reviving one of them?

Was his plan really for them to have followed Sylvia back? Wouldn't some non-functional substitute vial have worked just as well for that purpose and pose even less risk to that end?

I guess I'm just confused that he actually helped them according to his own stated goals.

Plan B

What would happen if the Vrycolakas failed? With the fake Vial, Sylvia discovers it's a setup and blames Dr. V. However, with the real vial Sylvia assumes he is a true ally. There are pros and cons to both choices, but he would probably have thought the latter to be the safer bet in terms of self-preservation.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:44 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
There were 18 strips in Oceans Unmoving after Bun-Bun's last appearance there. Three Bikini Frisbee Days occurred in those three weeks.

How long has it been since we've seen main cast now?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:38 pm 
Before Sam showed up, I assume you mean? (After his resurrection [which actually started on 10/1/15], and in Sylvia's visions?)

I think it was the (non-canon?) "Of Beer and Grenades" story the week of 10/12/15, 2 months ago. Full-canon was just the week before.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:57 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
The main cast appeared on November 4th and then 9th through 12th. Before that, there were 12 main-updates in a row of no main cast, and after it there were 15 updates in a row (not counting thanksgiving filler).

So, the last 3 weeks of OU2, with 18 main-updates in a row of no main cast (not counting Bikini Suicide Frisbee Days), were a little longer.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions