Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:55 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
I'm confused.. when he says you will "both be sorted out" does he mean Sam and Sylvia (as is Urda is going to sort them), or Sam and Urda (as in MM is going to get them both)?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:11 am 
dotwarner wrote:
I'm confused.. when he says you will "both be sorted out" does he mean Sam and Sylvia (as is Urda is going to sort them), or Sam and Urda (as in MM is going to get them both)?

We are not supposed to have figured out yet who his real enemy is - that's why the sentence was ambiguous.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:46 am 
Gwuh.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 am 
Dragma wrote:
well, this ain't good, wonder how they'll get out of this.

"bip"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:00 pm 
TCCPhreak wrote:
KevDaly wrote:
Crap.

Poor Anthony .

I guess that finally explains why Izzy was crying at the sight. As long as he was "dead", he didn't remind her of what he has become - and what needs to be done.

This also gives a completely new perspective to the situation in which Riff met Isabella (4U): "If I remember correctly, I killed her brother"
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/110704

If it's going to be that way: Well Played, Pete. Really Well Played.

Regards,

TCC

All of that stuff. Crap indeed.

I do have one question, though: why did VMM take off his mask (which presumably includes air filtration) while he's in the room with the garlic mist?

The rest of this week is going to be crazy, I guess. I can't wait.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:28 pm 
"I do have one question, though: why did VMM take off his mask (which presumably includes air filtration) while he's in the room with the garlic mist?"

Vyrkos aren't as susceptible to some traditional vampire stuff like sunlight and wood. Maybe garlic is like that.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:23 pm 
***NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!***

That, by the way, is my reaction to both today's disclosure and to the January 11 news item (I've been biting my tongue and holding it in).

To TCC: Yeah, that was my initial thought, too. I always wondered what would make someone marry the person that killed their brother - even if they were pill-addled. Makes sense now.

To Xane: Nice call!

To Rreed423: Pete just (re)established (in yesterday's comic) that Vrykos are 'more' susceptible to silver and wood than the Sam Cirkail. IIRC, they are both pretty susceptible to garlic. Pete made it a point to show the garlic mister running out or shutting down - so the difference here is that Anthony just got the last wiff, whereas Sam and Sylvia have been sniffing it all through this current episode. What little garlic Anthony just inhaled is likely equivalent to the amount that Sam and Sylvia had inhaled when Sam told her that she stinks - and they were both still functional at that point (just too dumb to figure it out and make a beeline out of the room while they still could).

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:28 pm 
Actually, it is established in Nobody Beats the Sampireā„¢, the Defenders-only comic, that the Vrykos don't have an aversion to garlic. Silver is their primary weakness.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:03 pm 
migB wrote:
dotwarner wrote:

We are not supposed to have figured out yet who his real enemy is - that's why the sentence was ambiguous.

I thought it was pretty clear that he means Sam and Sylvia, given that he mentioned "my lady Urja" moments before, implying loyalty there.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:57 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Maybe. But Philinnon' s minions have loyalty enforced on them, remember, so that's not very telling. More to the point is the fact that MM has incapacitated Sam and Sylvia. Not exactly the action of an ally.

LB :zoe:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:53 pm 
Did not see that coming...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 am 
Jorg wrote:
Actually, it is established in Nobody Beats the Sampireā„¢, the Defenders-only comic, that the Vrykos don't have an aversion to garlic. Silver is their primary weakness.

They also never flew before in the past. *wink*

Would be very MM'ish if he sneezed or made a funny face from the garlic in the next day's comic though. Dramatic reveal intact. Goofy MM/sluggyverss intact.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions