Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday is living dangerously. It is relying on its ability to spell by using only its mind instead of spell-check...

That would of probably meant something if it used some bigger words.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Mon=[#90 +1 *880]
Tue=[#87 +3 *914]

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:33 am 
New Viking Koala vampire trait data: sharp claw like fingers/fingernails, vulnerability to distraction by minions when under extreme stress, momentary loss of control of minions when taking damage under extreme stress allowing surfacing of original minion personality.

Looks to me like Urja there has gymnastic combat skills approaching those of Oasis, if not quite to that level. I'd say Bunbun could take her okay, espicially since she doesn't seem to have access to Oasis' hyperspace pocket of bladed throwing weapons. Of course she does have the mistform, so I guess Bunbun would have to bring silver powder to win.

If he knew exactly what he was going up against Riff might be able to get an instant kill using some kind of 360 degree silver shard thrower or silver dust bomb gadget and waiting to trigger until she was about to stabitty stab him. Her minions could make it tricky.

Kusari needs to get range asap and start using long range weaponry like guns or grenades and/or disengage until Urja has other problems before attacking to stand a chance. She should be used to this kind of thing by now, after her various encounters with Oasis.

This fight scene is so cool!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 am 
I'm hoping for an unmasking. Maybe a Friday unmasking. Kusari's identity would make for a nice weekend cliffhanger.

And just where are those "reinforcements" coming in through the roof, anyway?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:11 am 
Kesandru wrote:
I'm hoping for an unmasking. Maybe a Friday unmasking. Kusari's identity would make for a nice weekend cliffhanger.

A split second before the unmasking. Obvs.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 am 
I see I'm not the only one who perked up when they saw Kusari get face slashed.

Here's to the big comic on Thursday.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:24 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
New Viking Koala vampire trait data: sharp claw like fingers/fingernails, vulnerability to distraction by minions when under extreme stress, momentary loss of control of minions when taking damage under extreme stress allowing surfacing of original minion personality.

Don't forget: Minions feel the pain of their masters - at least from silver weapons.

I am also not sure that MM was 100% controlled, and released by distraction. Maybe he just didn't want to be shot down by his sister, but he did want to save her from Urja. That would make a lot of sense.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 am 
Fascinating plot fragment and subsequent forum analysis.

Man, Urja got in a face slash AND dodged that stake? I'm more than a little surprised.

Too bad Kusari doesn't still have her slashy weapons; those things should be fairly effective against VKs, even if only to slow them down for the kill.

Pete, you've kept me on the edge of my seat for about a week now.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:08 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Man, Urja got in a face slash AND dodged that stake? I'm more than a little surprised.

I'm not. Up until the silver burn, Urja was kicking Kusari's ass with a calm smile on her face. She wasn't breaking a sweat. Now she's pissed.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:38 am 
Cow_k wrote:
I see I'm not the only one who perked up when they saw Kusari get face slashed.

Here's to the big comic on Thursday.

Yep. I'm hopeful but wary.

Spirantz wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

A split second before the unmasking. Obvs.

Yeah, but the timing is funky, but I guess I just assumed the skylight would've been right above the "secret hideout" for plot reasons. It could be that Torg and Riff are [spec].

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:44 am 
migB wrote:
I am also not sure that MM was 100% controlled, and released by distraction. Maybe he just didn't want to be shot down by his sister, but he did want to save her from Urja. That would make a lot of sense.

The relation between the Vrykro masters and minions is very interesting. That male master that Serial Killer Gramps dusted (I forget the names) had all female minions dressed out in various outlandish styles like some sort of harem. The Vrykro Queen (Philonin? How do you spell that?) has all male minions as far as we've seen, all dressed in business suites, and they appear to have almost no individuality of their own, but act as extensions of the Queen's self. And then we have Urja, who is very combat focused, has both male and female minions (she's more interested in combat utility than her sexual preferences and fetishes?), and her minions seem to have some sense of personality, almost a little bit of free will. Is she allowing her minions a sense of self in order so that they are more effective in combat, so that they can use their own intelligence in a pinch to react to events rather than acting solely as extensions of her consciousness as seems to be the case with the Queen's minions?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions