Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:59 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday wasn't paying attention to the time.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Thu=[#86 +1 *999]
Fri=[#84 +2 *1047]
Sat=[#83 +1 *1091]
Sun=[#83 +0 *1118]

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:23 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Tsk tsk tsk. That is *so* unlike you Kusari. Also, I'm having Mosp flashbacks.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:25 am 
Sure is funny watching Kusari get manhandled, yet somehow get in the best blows.

A sense of self-preservation (and lack thereof) will do that for ya, I guess.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:40 am 
*munches popcorn.*

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:45 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Dodger77 beat me to it.
Holy poopin poop dude what does this mean?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:24 am 
Urja needs more practical armor. Flaunting a bare midriff in that off the shoulder strappy thing can't be worth getting impaled like that.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:22 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
Urja needs more practical armor. Flaunting a bare midriff in that off the shoulder strappy thing can't be worth getting impaled like that.

She dress for speed, not durability. When you can ignore a stake through your lungs, you need mobility more than additional protection that will slow you down.
Her only piece of armor is the heart-piece, which she wears specifically to resist wide area effects such as the spell Visto-something used on her.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:33 pm 
She can't ignore a silver blade or bullet to the lungs, so those priorities are definitely debatable.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:34 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
She can't ignore a silver blade or bullet to the lungs, so those priorities are definitely debatable.

Again, I'm surprised Kusari doesn't have any blades at all (particularly the silver kind).

Poor Izzy. Aren't Torg and Riff supposed to be crashing through the skylight?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:34 pm 
I just realized that MM and Urja are acting out two parts of a conversation. MM Is holding the spot where Urja was stabbed, and Urja is seeming to say, "Missed my heart! I think.. yes? yes."

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:22 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Aren't Torg and Riff supposed to be crashing through the skylight?

Looks like Urja is twisting her head AWAY from Kusari in the last panel. Either she saw something, or she's just wrenching her neck as part of the unstaking process.

*shrug*

I hate checking on Saturday to see what happens next, only to realize that yes...it's saturday.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:12 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Looks like Urja is twisting her head AWAY from Kusari in the last panel. Either she saw something, or she's just wrenching her neck as part of the unstaking process.

I think that's when she "heard" MM and realized he had slipped out of her control.

yaysalt wrote:
I just realized that MM and Urja are acting out two parts of a conversation. MM Is holding the spot where Urja was stabbed, and Urja is seeming to say, "Missed my heart! I think.. yes? yes."

I interpreted that as MM saying "I think I'm resisting Urja... yes? yes." Then Urja "hears" him, re-asserts her control over him, says "NO!!" (through him) and whacks Izzy.

Urja is obviously shaken by her battle with Kusari. She could have just broken Kusari in half, but instead she flung her away. As in "get AWAY from me before you poke any more painful-possibly-fatal holes in me!!"

I agree Kusari should have had some silver blades instead of just silver chains.

I was very surprised Urja said "Missed my heart!" as she tossed Kusari. Kusari hasn't fought a vamp master before. All the vamps she offed so far went poof when she poked them. (Not clear to me if those were all heart hits.) So Urja effectively told Kusari what she did wrong. Maybe she assumed Kusari wouldn't hear her, while being tossed across the block. But she doesn't know Kusari.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:19 pm 
Thinking about it....with all the paranormal research that HC (and affiliates...i.e., Orsintos) have done, I find it hard to believe that they don't have intel on the different breeds of vamps. I'm sure they must've done SOMETHING with them in the past, even if they never followed through with making it usable.

I'd be surprised in Kusari didn't know. Afterall, the HC grunts killed lots of vamps just now too.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:39 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Thinking about it....with all the paranormal research that HC (and affiliates...i.e., Orsintos) have done, I find it hard to believe that they don't have intel on the different breeds of vamps. I'm sure they must've done SOMETHING with them in the past, even if they never followed through with making it usable.

I'd be surprised in Kusari didn't know. Afterall, the HC grunts killed lots of vamps just now too.

Shlock stood up to sam during the Y2K virus storyline. He had holy symbols, holy water, etc.

So sam shot him with a pistol.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions