Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is early... Want to fight about it?

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Tue=[#74 +9 *54]
Wed=[#70 +4 *104]

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:36 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Eh, you ca fix Liz being older by jut saying its the randomness of the flashback showing her incorrectly as older.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:12 am 
You could fix the age thing by saying she lied back in the shrink-ray days. "I'm 29, honest!"

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:48 am 
The car chase / flashback is narrative brilliance, Pete. I probably would not have needed to go back to Anthony clocking her if I weren't following about a dozen web comics altogether. :)

Age can be ret conned. No worries! Loving the story, for lo, it is nifty. :D

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:02 am 
I thought the car thing was good/not confusing. A device. Some people just taking it too literally/confused about the jump between scenes.

Maybe it just needed some extra squiggly/hazzy lines to denote a movement from Izzy's consciousness to memories to help some people along. Maybe her mumbling something in the second last panel, with the last panel being the first in the flashback.

As for the age thing, if you just add in a few jokes in the future about her being very sensitive about her age, or "forever 29" or something, you can haze right on over that little blunder. You've already established her as sensitive about it, anyway.
... too bad you already admitted to the blunder, huh? Woops!

Last edited by Spirantz on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:04 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
I just figured she lied about her age... As part of the whole minion master thing they had secret identities, i wouldn't trust anything an MM told me about themselves :)

And Pete, I personally am enjoying the flashback and the pacing of it. Nice to get some backstory on characters we didn't even think we needed backstory on!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:50 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
I was having trouble but it does read smoother as a group, at least up to where we are now.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:06 am 
I am having no problems and like this flashback technique, but I did read this week as a block. Enjoying it.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:13 pm 
Ah, that's one question answered. "Where is my blood" is meant in at least two contexts, since that was apparently their mother.

I'm still confused about their varying ages *during* the car chase, since in the last panel (to date) Izzy is now apparently an adult while Anthony is still a little kid. This probably means it's all in someone's mind, so I should just relax and wait for it to unfold.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:53 pm 
yaysalt wrote:
You could fix the age thing by saying she lied back in the shrink-ray days. "I'm 29, honest!"

It reminds me of what my grandmother used to do. She was the oldest of 3 kids,and had two younger brothers. She drover her one brother crazy because she always introduced him as 'her older brother'. He was older than the other brother, but younger than her !!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:41 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Maybe it just needed some extra squiggly/hazzy lines to denote a movement from Izzy's consciousness to memories to help some people along. Maybe her mumbling something in the second last panel, with the last panel being the first in the flashback.

Maybe a little inset of "Izzy clocked against the wall" with dream-balloons for transition?

I gotta wonder. Is this whole backstory something Pete just recently cooked up? Or has he really been planning this whole MM/vampire storyline since MM first appeared 6+ years ago??

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:03 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

Maybe a little inset of "Izzy clocked against the wall" with dream-balloons for transition?

I gotta wonder. Is this whole backstory something Pete just recently cooked up? Or has he really been planning this whole MM/vampire storyline since MM first appeared 6+ years ago??

Who knows! But the vampire thing must have been planned, because otherwise it's a weird decision to include them in the attack on their base way back then.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:10 pm 
Yeah, when Sam crashed into the car and said "the vamps are after me," I thought at the time that was a weird connection. Maybe Pete was setting this up then...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:26 pm 
Maybe, but then again he forgot which one was older, so maybe not.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:21 pm 
I'm starting to really dislike Urja... Too bad she can't be an enemy character this weekend when my friends and I go out gaming...

'You think you're a tough vampire?! IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME, MAY THE FIRE CLEANSE YOUR BLACKENED SOUL!"

*Cough* I've played too much Warhammer recently.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions