Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:30 pm 
Rreed423 wrote:
That's why I read the reactions thread every day. Other people see things I didn't. I saw white space under Torg's arm and couldn't figure out what the "Snap" was. After coming here I went back and I could see Sylvia's face.

Yeah, I'm with you guys on this one. I assumed the 'snap' had something to do with a missed bite, and yet I, too, saw white space until I read the forums. Sylvia's face appears so obvious now - I'm not sure why my (our) brain(s) translated it otherwise. Curious...

Perhaps because I was waiting for one of those wayward stakes to accidentally land in Sylvia's heart - and for her to go "PAF". Since that didn't happen, I presume that Pete has further use for her yet....

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:05 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
At first I read it too fast and automatically had Torg saying, "Someone set us up the bomb!" Then it filtered through my mind what he actually say, and then I was disappointed...

I'm just going to retcon my memory with this.

So am I. :torg:

swmartian wrote:
Perhaps because I was waiting for one of those wayward stakes to accidentally land in Sylvia's heart - and for her to go "PAF". Since that didn't happen, I presume that Pete has further use for her yet....

Vyrkolakas vamps go "PAF", but Vorpyrs like Sylvia (and Sam) just shrivel up. Either way, I presume as you do. :)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:11 pm 
I wonder how much the MM mask disguises the voice. If it doesn't, then Riff should have *some* level of recognition at this point (even if he's distracted).

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:29 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
The canonical sound effect for staking a vorpyr is *ssss*
:torg:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:10 pm 
Jade_rust wrote:
I am so excited to see Riff's face if/when Izzy takes her mask off. It's a bit alarming how much I'm shipping those two considering only their DoR counterparts got together and the alt dimensions don't always follow the Prime dimension's plots or time lines.

May take a while. Ant crushed her helmet around her head. They're going to need a can opener to get her out.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:31 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
MM also pried it back open when he decided to bite her. There was even a "prryyy" sound effect to go with it.

LB :zoe:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 pm 
Sam being excited to see his name printed on the stakes was a legit laugh-out-loud moment. Well played, Pete

Lord Golbez wrote:
Well, that confirms exactly how stupid Sylvia is. Played for laughs, but I'm still gonna treat the stupidity as canon.

It also confirms how stupid Torg is. But then again, I think I've been overestimating his competence due to recent storylines showing off his tactical aptitude.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:30 pm 
Torg is certainly vulnerable to compulsion by a vampire.... and yes he can also be stupid but in this case I believe it was mostly the vampire.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions