Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:27 pm 
drachefly wrote:
Bolger wrote:
Oooh! Izzy can't get her helmet off! The big reveal is being postponed!

When we discover that Izzy is short for Princezzabella, Princess-Princess's vanished mother?

That would be fantastic! The Minion Master mask does look a little bit like Lord Grader...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:16 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Of course I don't think this is a helmet malfunction; I think it just has a few pieces to open (keeps the neck more secure too).

I agree. We have little "tik-tik" sound effects in panel 2, and then "k-shhh" which sounds like something opening in panel 3... plus you can see Izzy's chin now in that panel.

Ant crushed her helmet around her neck here http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/160216

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:22 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Also, is Tweety upstairs in the same warehouse?

I assume she is, since she apparently climbed on top of the mattress/pillow fort to get to her lookout.

Quote:
I sure hope no more Vrykos come in through the skylight.

I think Kusari eliminated all the other Vrykos in the area. More could come, of course, especially if Urja sent out a call. Assuming she HAS more drones. Kusari (and Vistuvius before her) put a major dent in her roster. But I would expect a powerful Vryko like Urja would have lots of minions.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:42 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
Bolger wrote:
Oooh! Izzy can't get her helmet off! The big reveal is being postponed!

Ah, the sarcasm makes you look intelligent. I'm looking forward to seeing your better comic.

How is that sarcastic? Of course I don't think this is a helmet malfunction; I think it just has a few pieces to open (keeps the neck more secure too).

Lovely how Izzy and Riff get off to such a pleasant start. I can see why she's so upset, but... this is going to be interesting. Here's to Friday!

Also, is Tweety upstairs in the same warehouse? I sure hope no more Vrykos come in through the skylight.

No sarcasm was intended. Sluggy Freelance is my favorite webcomic. I am in awe of Pete's skill as a story-teller. I love how he's been bringing all the disparate stories together these past few years.

Lord Golbez wrote:
All bloody cost? Good grief, I wonder how long Pete's been snickering too himself about that pun. (from reaction thread for 2/19/16)

As Lord Golbez pointed out, Pete has even laid out puns that take years to blossom!

Thanks for the back-up, CheeseWhisper! But I think the reveal will be much later than Friday.

{EDIT: Well, I was wrong about that!]

Pavod wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Of course I don't think this is a helmet malfunction; I think it just has a few pieces to open (keeps the neck more secure too).

I agree. We have little "tik-tik" sound effects in panel 2, and then "k-shhh" which sounds like something opening in panel 3... plus you can see Izzy's chin now in that panel.

Ant crushed her helmet around her neck here http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/160216

I am amazed at how Anthony's attempt to crush Izzy's neck (trying to kill her to save her from Urja) now has the side-effect of hiding her face from Riff during their first meeting (in this dimension). Wonderful writing by Pete!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions