Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:18 pm 
Ooooh that looks very painful, Urja's eye in the first panel!

I'm routeing for Kusari too, you have to appreciate the level of badass she is!

I don't often route for 'the bad guys' but I've enjoyed her humor and general personality since 2008 in the year and a life of a villain. (I appreciated her as a bad guy before that, but after the year in a life of a villain I saw her as more complicated/human ha! Kick Urja's butt Kusari!

I've recently discovered that I'm surprisingly emotionally invested in Kusari, Frog (I miss Gennarro) and Schlock. Darn Hereti Corp- or is it Pete who gives me feels for the bad guys!?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:21 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Pete's gonna have one heck of a time trying to make Oasis look badass again by comparison. It's been a long time since Fire and Rain, and Oasis hasn't had a good challenge since what, bunbun?

I think you have it the wrong way around. Oasis beat Bun-Bun! Kusari beating Urja doesn't put her on that level. Relatively few have ever beaten Bun-Bun, and just about all of them (including Oasis) have had to use something other than raw combat ability in order to do it. Urja, on the other hand, yeah she's been built up to be a major badass... this chapter. Really, we had no inkling Urja was so formidable until this chapter. Kusari has gone toe to toe with Oasis before though. I would be more inclined to say that doing so well against Kusari has upped Urja's badass cred more than beating Urja could improve Kusari's standing. Now if Kusari beats Urja and takes out 150 Vrykos all on a broken leg, that will be quite a different story. In that case, Oasis and Bun-Bun are both going to need to pull out some feats to catch up.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Unlike vampires, Kusari knows that Bun-Bun is out of her league.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:34 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
gregnier wrote:
is it wrong that I'm seriously rooting for Kusari right now?

I think that's a common reaction this month.

This chapter. It's all been a crazy wild root-for-bad-guy-x ride.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:10 am 
Just a sidenote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Relatively few have ever beaten Bun-Bun,

I think I remember a forum post that convincingly argued the opposite point: Just about every major battle in which BunBun was one participant ended in him losing. Oasis was one example, Cloney was another one, He lost a round against Santa Claus (explosives), and had to go into Easter-bunny-mode to survive another one (Alien-Santa). He lost against a younger, less experienced version of himself, an early fight against Aylee ended in a truce and there were some examples more.

So although Bun-Bun is always built up as a badass: In duells against a villain (of some sort) my money might be set against him - but don't tell him that.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:49 pm 
Bun-Bun fought Oasis to a standstill, then tricked her into a locked room. She didn't "beat" him until she pulled out supernatural abilities. But you could convincingly argue Bun-Bun's fighting skills are supernaturally based too, so...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions