Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:54 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I'm pretty sure Menelaus has never been seen in The Comic before. I suspect that CheeseWhisper is assuming he is THE Menelaus, the Greek king who fought in the Trojan War (which would make sense, seeing as how the Vrykolakas are Greek...)

I'm surprised at how calm and not annoyed Urja is. I would have pegged her as someone who'd say she DEFINITELY softened Kusari up, just to save face if nothing else. I know *I* would be super annoyed if someone I struggled against so mightily went down so easily to an ally! Also it would have made for an amusing punchline.

I'm shocked Kusari went down. Especially after her moment of awesome yesterday.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:31 pm 
I suspect that was easy for a reason. To the spec-thread!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:53 pm 
"Fail day two" my sweet peachy buttocks. That would mean a 'fail day one'; I checked twice and didn't find it. I understand if Pete strives to achieve certain things in his story for his own personal satisfaction as much as anyone else's, but in my own humble opinion the pacing has been absolutely fine. I'm loving how things are going. And, as quite often happens, Pete has made me want to physically kick Saturday and Sunday right out of the universe just so that I can get to Monday, but I don't because the beautiful suspense is the only reason I haven't already kicked Monday right out of the universe.

Anyways... for some raisin I really do hope that Kusari isn't out of this fight. I'm certainly no doctor, but my Ladybird Book of the Human Body suggests that her spine and heart might not have been shlok'd in panel two, although it rather does look like her neck might have been chok'd in panel three...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:06 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
ummmm.. an incapacitated but not dead Kusari is BAD when there's a legion of vampires around.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:24 pm 
gregnier wrote:
ummmm.. an incapacitated but not dead Kusari is BAD when there's a legion of vampires around.

Well, he did run her through and then chop her in the neck. Coupled with the blood loss and shock from previous wounds, this particular Kusari isn't long for the world.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
gregnier wrote:

Fuuuu....

I hadn't thought about that!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:29 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:

And yeah, how quickly does Kusari return? We're probably going to need Izzy's incendiaries pretty soon.

Kusari lost her head in February where a replacement Kusari was ordered. Then in june she is still missing 4 months later and isn't seen again until August after Herteti Corp fell. So i'd say about 6 months.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:56 pm 
gregnier wrote:

I seriously doubt ... don't want to spec, but if I keep it as vague as yours maybe ... I seriously doubt it's all THAT bad.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:18 pm 
gregnier wrote:

Maybe not. Remember, Kusari didn't react when Urja issued a command, and Urja mused that Kusari may not be quite human.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:35 pm 
And Urja is not the first one to muse about that!! :-)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:09 am 
I still don't get why Urja wasn't using her Butterfly swords when fighting Kusari.

She certainly was handy with them against Vistuvius.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:35 am 
Kusari has called Oasis sister. I suspect they have similar ability, though Oasis seems to win the fights. In both cases, they seem incapable of dying.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:53 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
My take on this is that we MAY be about to learn rather more about Kusari and the way she works than we have so far to date. I certainly hope so...

LB

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:28 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
gregnier wrote:

Well, he did run her through and then chop her in the neck. Coupled with the blood loss and shock from previous wounds, this particular Kusari isn't long for the world.

That's assuming she's bleeding actual blood. In the past, it took outright decapitation to put her down "for good" or rather "for replacement". And she didn't seem bothered at all with her leg broken like that.

I would be curious to see what would happen if one of the vampires bit her. But we might still get to see that.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions