Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for March 11, 2016
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:08 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
All I have to say is, "Friday is the day".

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Thu=[#50 +2 *659]
Fri=[#52 -2 *725]
Sat=[#51 +1 *791]
Sun=[#49 +2 *847]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:17 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Kale & Onions... It packs a tasty punch.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:24 am 
Yeah, I don't even know how to feel about this. Unless there's some massive twist behind this then this is basically "I can never trust Riff again" for Torg.

Logically speaking both Aylee and Sam should have been killed back at the beginning when they were both actually continually killing people, now that they've both had 'redemption' (though Aylee far more than Sam) this just makes me feel icky. I'll wait and see what happens next week but to me this isn't a cliffhanger, just a train wreck.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 am 
Had a feeling something like this was going to happen.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:38 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Not cool, Riff.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:51 am 
The word dude barely suffices, but Duuuuuuudee...

Last edited by migB on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:28 am 
I won't say I'd be sorry to see Sam go, but for Riff of all people to think Torg doesn't understand what a monster is...

If there's no payoff to this on Monday or at all next week, then this is worse than the revelation of Riff's "betrayal" in DDA.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 am 
I'm down with it.

Sam's ineptitude has frequently almost got them killed, not to mention his casual killing of 'food' without any real sign of remorse.( e.g. Daryl.)

Even when he only lightly feeds he uses his Vorpyr charisma powers to take advantage of young women and suck their blood.

Not exactly 'redemption'.

His goofy incompetence and obvious loyalty to the crew are kind of endearing, but don't change what he really is.

Sylvia is waaay over the 'Bad' side, given how she slaughtered her way back to her current healthy state.

Riff's proven over and again he's a pragmatist. It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:58 am 
Hmm. Doesn't bode well for Sam's health. On the bright side, Torg's head is now healthier than ever thanks to all that kale!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:56 am 
I guess this should be seen as a consequence of Riff's character growth during 4U City?

He would have never knocked Torg out at any point before that - even though he had stakes with names on them :sam: :aylee:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:18 am 
Stay good, Riff! STAY GOOD! :kiki:

(Go back for Sam, leave Sylvia!)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:44 am 
This is one of those impossible to defend sort of things. I have been pretty vocal in my disdain for Sam, especially after the events of the Sampire comic, but he's been a loyal, albeit inept, friend to the whole group. Shame on Riff. I thought he had gone through more character development than this. Having a really hard time accepting that he could still be so thick-headed.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:54 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
This is one of those impossible to defend sort of things. I have been pretty vocal in my disdain for Sam, especially after the events of the Sampire comic, but he's been a loyal, albeit inept, friend to the whole group. Shame on Riff. I thought he had gone through more character development than this. Having a really hard time accepting that he could still be so thick-headed.

He honestly thinks they'll all die if he hadn't done what he did.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:56 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
He honestly thinks they'll all die if he hadn't done what he did.
Riff went back to help Torg when he was going after Knaw despite thinking it was a "leave now or we'll be caught and probably die" situation. And as much as he worked with alt-Izzy and probably cares for her despite knowing nothing about this version (I liked Alt-Izzy, so far Izzy Prime just annoys me), he's been Torg's friend all his life. This isn't even really about Sam in the end, it's a complete betrayal of their friendship.

I've been teetering on giving up on Sluggy for quite awhile, this may be the final straw for me. We'll see what next week brings because I'm still hoping for (spec spec speccity spec)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:06 pm 
migB wrote:
I guess this should be seen as a consequence of Riff's character growth during 4U City?
He would have never knocked Torg out at any point before that - even though he had stakes with names on them :sam: :aylee:

Maybe that's it. Though really, this doesn't feel like "growth" to me.
Xane wrote:
Yeah, I don't even know how to feel about this. Unless there's some massive twist behind this then this is basically "I can never trust Riff again" for Torg.

Yeah, this seems either WAY out of character or a turning point (for the worse) in their friendship.

Also... any mods going to clean up that mess on the bottom of page 1?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions