Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for March 15, 2016
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:17 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday forgot that yesterday was "Pie Day". It missed out on the apple, cherry, cyanide and many more that were probably around, somewhere.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Mon=[#50 -1 *888]
Tue=[#50 -0 *955]

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Menelaus here is wondering what every reader who didn't watch Mr. Science Theater 3000 has wondered since 1997.

Well, if Sam can survive one fiery explosion underground hopefully he can survive another.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 am 
GEEZ PETE.

Stop giving people the feelz.

ignorethatkeepdeliveringthefeelz

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:42 am 
C'mon Riff, you can't let this happen, you're union!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:04 am 
Sylvia, don't you already know why they hate you? Sam insulted Philinnon and she ended your alliance because of that. (Yeah, actually. It was here

Side note: wiping out the vampire clan that stood with you, protected the land you live on from the vastly more powerful vampires by simply existing, and who've been your allies for centuries because one moronic member of that circle said something stupid without knowing who you were is probably the most idiotic decision I've ever heard of now that I think of it. Yes, it was played for laughs, but given what we know now, you'd think the ancient leader of the Vrykos would have thicker skin and be able to handle an idiot like Sam without promptly going 'off with their head!' Sheesh, she could've recognized him as stupid enough to manipulate into being an invaluable asset. (This really got me thinking, so hold on, assessment coming in)

If I recall, the magic of the contract between the Vorpyr and the Strakoi (and only those two) states that the Strakoi cannot come to the New World as long as one Vorpyr lives. (remember, the Vrykos weren't included in that contract at all because 'It's impossible to keep them out of anywhere, they're like rats' [paraphrased]) Now, the Vrykos also want to step up and become real players on the vampire world's sphere of influence, which would naturally bring them into conflict with the Strakoli. This begs the question; why oh why would you kill Sam?! Yes, he insulted your queen, but as long as he lives, you have an unbreachable redoubt. The Strakoi are magically bound to not set foot there, which means if things came to all out war, you could hide your leadership in the Americas where they literally couldn't be touched, and wage the actual fighting in the old world. Philinnon, being 'One of the oldest Vrykolakas, possibly even the oldest' (paraphrased from 'Boys' Night Out') should be able to understand the strategic importance of such an advantage, and after hearing Sam talk for more than five minutes, realize that he's an utter idiot and easily manipulated. Lock him in a gilded cage and keep him distracted to power your magical deflector shield, don't go off trying to kill him for something so trivial as an insult!

*sigh* I'm starting to think vampirism in Sluggy causes those afflicted with it to become utter morons. I mean, look at Sam. He started off as a reasonably intelligent, but not all that bright character, and now he probably doesn't remember how to tie his shoes. And now I'm starting to realize Philinnon lacks the capacity for long-term thinking as well...

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by Galaxy Hunter on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:11 am 
Riff, code 'Big Damn Hero.' Please, please, Riff! This is your future (maybe) wife we're talking about!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:13 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Sylvia, don't you already know why they hate you? Sam insulted Philinnon and she ended your alliance because of that. ...Snip...

No, I don't think that's what's going on. There's something we haven't been told about the Viking Koala's feelings towards the Lyscinda Circle. Philinnon there was just itching for an excuse to off Sam and finish off the Lyscinda Circle. Why, we don't know, but there must be some good reason.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:07 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Sylvia, don't you already know why they hate you? Sam insulted Philinnon and she ended your alliance because of that. ...Snip...

No, Sylvia stated outright that this could not be the reason.
I've been waiting for her to pose that very question ever since.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:08 am 
First reaction: Well see Riff? You don't have to worry about getting married after all!

Reaction after morals kick in:
Izzy no! Riff! Hero time!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:05 am 
Dang, someone in the What Will Happen Next thread in the spec forum predicted this exact problem. Theyre totally getting a cookie

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:21 am 
It seems like Pete has been retconning the reason that the Vrykos want Sam dead in this chapter. The problem is that no matter what advantage taking out the last vorpyr may offer, it doesn't change the fact the Philinnon wanted to pay respect to him and punish her underling for manipulating Sam and trying to have him killed and then changed her mind after he insulted her.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:40 am 
migB wrote:
Galaxy Hunter wrote:

No, Sylvia stated outright that this could not be the reason.
I've been waiting for her to pose that very question ever since.

Yes, more is going on here. Sylvia suspects something is off... and Philinnon alluded to her "quest for revenge."

Lord Golbez wrote:
It seems like Pete has been retconning the reason that the Vrykos want Sam dead in this chapter. The problem is that no matter what advantage taking out the last vorpyr may offer, it doesn't change the fact the Philinnon wanted to pay respect to him and punish her underling for manipulating Sam and trying to have him killed and then changed her mind after he insulted her.

See the second link. Maybe not a retcon.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 am 
Huh. Will Riff let anyone else burn to death? I suspect he will do something, just no idea what yet.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:25 am 
Sounds pretty retconny to me because the "quest for revenge" was obviously portrayed as revenge for the events of that chapter. Why would Arminius even fit in as "secondary" in that quest if she were referring to something else?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:43 pm 
Oh man, I KNEW those bombs weren't going to go off on that "click".
OrzBrain wrote:
Galaxy Hunter wrote:

No, I don't think that's what's going on. There's something we haven't been told about the Viking Koala's feelings towards the Lysinda Circle. Philinnon there was just itching for an excuse to off Sam and finish off the Lysinda Circle. Why, we don't know, but there must be some good reason.

I'm just waiting for the politics to reveal themselves in upcoming dialogue.
Jade_rust wrote:
Riff, code 'Big Damn Hero.' Please, please, Riff! This is your future (maybe) wife we're talking about!

He's union. No way he can let this go by.

Also, I still want to see Chaz light up.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions