Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:02 pm 
AOL: Eagle299
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Dang, someone in the What Will Happen Next thread in the spec forum predicted this exact problem. Theyre totally getting a cookie

That would be me. I prefer double stuff golden Oreos. Or failing that, chocolate chip.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:01 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Also, I still want to see Chaz light up.

I don't think there are any innocents around. Furthermore, even if Torg himself would count, leaving aside jokes about bloody noses and an incident of a wish for raining blood of the innocent, which I find far too ambiguous to be used in making a judgment on the matter, I don't believe we have any evidence to indicate that some blood will work without the death of said innocent. As far as I recall, Chaz has always been powered following a death, other than in the aforementioned incident. Although it's never been stated, I always had the impression that was an implied rule.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am 
I'd say Izzy qualifies as innocent. At least, for now.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:14 am 
AOL: Eagle299
I seem to recall incidents of Chaz getting powered uo by fresh blood from an already dead victim. Like Dimension of Lame Zoe. And just a few drops did the trick.

Still, I don't think anyone present, including Torg, qualifies.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:19 am 
Question; has anyone powered-up Chaz with their blood and not been freshly killed/died as a side-effect?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:05 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Sounds pretty retconny to me because the "quest for revenge" was obviously portrayed as revenge for the events of that chapter. Why would Arminius even fit in as "secondary" in that quest if she were referring to something else?

Because Philinnon refers to her "quest for revenge" in the past tense. "No, [Arminius] was just a pawn, and secondary in my quest for revenge!" Sounds like she's been on her quest for revenge for a while, and before Sam insulted her. Anyway, apparently events of the most recent comic have driven a stake through the heart of my argument, so I will now go shrivel up.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:57 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Question; has anyone powered-up Chaz with their blood and not been freshly killed/died as a side-effect?

None that we have seen, as far as I can remember. Some have been killed by Chaz and some have been dead already, but there is no proof that it can work if the innocent person is still alive. On the other hand Chaz has never said anything about death being a requirement.

One thing that we don't know is where Zefolas took the blood rain from. Did he take all of the blood from n innocent people, which would kill them, or did he use 10×n people and take a tenth of the blood from each one, which they would survive fine? Or did he create innocent blood out of nowhere – but how could it be blood of the innocent if it wasn't taken from innocent people?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions