Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for March 17, 2016
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:44 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday is ready for a barbecue.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Wed=[#51 -1 *1021]
Thu=[#51 -0 *1088]

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:26 am 
BBQ'd baby- .. err, Riffy-back ribs, yum!

(How DID he know to fix the sprinklers!?)

Riff is in full Union Hero mode. He is mortally terrified of ending up married to Izzy -- and yet he risks his life and goes out into the flames to save her. It's always about saving the girl.

I note that all the Vrykos "PAF"ed in the flames. Sam and Sylvia did not. Hm.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:37 am 
AOL: Eagle299
In that case, given the quick application of water, it is likely Sam and Sylvia will survive, though they're probably looking at a lengthy recovery time.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:37 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Panel four, Riff is in perfect hunky action hero form. And then completely ruins it in panel seven. So Riff. So Sluggy!

LB :torg:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:39 am 
They'll probably be looking for blood to help them heal too.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:18 am 
"Owieee!" indeed, Sam!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:19 am 
Lord Menelaus didn't last long. Too bad, he had a certain "Old-School" style about him.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:21 am 
When Sam and Sylvia find out that Riff used them for bait, they're going to be steamed, or braised as the case may be.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:01 am 
Given the sprinklers, they'll probably be boiling mad.

Eagle299 wrote:
In that case, given the quick application of water, it is likely Sam and Sylvia will survive, though they're probably looking at a lengthy recovery time.

Lengthy? From a bit of a burn? Sam got the bottom half of his body blown off, and he regenerated it in a few hours/days.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:46 am 
I really need to put my suspension of disbelief dial to full throttle for this plot line. The danger to humans of incendiary devices and the blazes created by them is not only the heat, but also the depletion of oxygen (and creation of lots of nasty stuff creating smoke poisoning), and there's limited help provided by a trenchcoat, even if it's lined.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:17 am 
declinator wrote:
I really need to put my suspension of disbelief dial to full throttle for this plot line. The danger to humans of incendiary devices and the blazes created by them is not only the heat, but also the depletion of oxygen (and creation of lots of nasty stuff creating smoke poisoning), and there's limited help provided by a trenchcoat, even if it's lined.

But it's Riff's trenchcoat! So it's all good. Riff's Trenchcoat is Magic!(TM)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:21 am 
declinator wrote:

That's basically required for all of the series, though. Why make special note of it here? It's always been outlandish and unrealistic in places to help serve the story. A lot of more extreme story driven things are. It's always been a story with inter-dimensional travel, demons, undead, aliens, highly sentient animals and the supernatural among other unrealistic things. I think you have to give it a pass on this out of all things.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:56 am 
Quote:
The sprinklers? [...] How did you know we'd need it?

Well, Izzy, there was somebody planting incendiary bombs, you know.

The strakoi had little trouble finding and capturing Philinnon apparently, because they accomplished that very quickly. But if the vrykolakas weren't out to exterminate the vorpyr before the strakoi captured Philinnon, then why did Urja attack Vistuvius after he appeared to help the vorpyr? The explanations still don't add up. The various vampires seem to be lying and betraying each other all the time.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:15 am 
Can I tell you how much I love that shot of Riff being Izzy's hero?
Pavod wrote:
Lord Menelaus didn't last long. Too bad, he had a certain "Old-School" style about him.

Agreed... but he did need to die.

And wow, so Urja was taking a bit too much initiative. No wonder she's out of the queen's favor.
Rombobjörn wrote:
Quote:

Heehee... oh, that.
Rombobjörn wrote:
The strakoi had little trouble finding and capturing Philinnon apparently, because they accomplished that very quickly. But if the vrykolakas weren't out to exterminate the vorpyr before the strakoi captured Philinnon, then why did Urja attack Vistuvius after he appeared to help the vorpyr? The explanations still don't add up. The various vampires seem to be lying and betraying each other all the time.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

Also, I hope Mr. Hero brought some stakes to go with his back-steak.

Last edited by CheeseWhisper on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:18 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Quote:

Either the Vrykolakas were previously out to exterminate just Sam, for his insult, or they were previously out to exterminate the entire Vorpyr circle. If we assume the former, then the Vrykolakas turning on Vistuvius for helping Sylvia restart the Vorpyr circle makes no sense. If we assume the latter, then Menelaus' claim that the Vrykolakas are only now trying to wipe out the entire Vorpyr circle because the Strakoi have Philinnon makes no sense.

So, no, there really doesn't seem to be any plausible or internally consistent explanation for the events of this storyline. Maybe Pete still has something up his sleeve that will straighten it out.

Last edited by Bunny Suction on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions