Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for April 6, 2016
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:44 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is wondering about Sam...

True, but still an odd thing to say.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Tue=[#69 +1 *212]
Wed=[#67 +2 *268]

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:29 am 
I have to admit, you completely confused me here, Pete. I didn't understand the transition between the panels at all. I'm assuming panel two is later, and the group has split up? And Torg is staring blankly into space because he feels bad about Sam?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:31 am 
I think this is longest I've seen Torg go between quips and puns.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:33 am 
kitoba wrote:
I have to admit, you completely confused me here, Pete. I didn't understand the transition between the panels at all. I'm assuming panel two is later, and the group has split up? And Torg is staring blankly into space because he feels bad about Sam?

I think the idea is that he feels safer just taking a taxi than riding with Riff in the Relationship Drama Mobile?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:13 am 
Did anyone else notice the section title? Totally unrelated, would "nerd-boy" be considered one word or two?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:36 am 
Color me confused as well, when did :torg: gain bilocation powers? Or is one an inflatable :torg: ?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:39 am 
kitoba wrote:

That's how I read it. The "four left socks" operation involved them splitting up ("Four to split up and vanish 'under the tunnel' "). The split-and-scram op was successful and Tweety says it's safe to come home. And Torg can't believe what he did to his buddy.

I'm pretty surprised too. Torg could have rescued Sam (both parts) and he probably would have recovered. Sylvia was a problem, and probably Sam would have objected to leaving her out for the sunrise. Though I wonder if the Tuber driver's mention of the sunrise was significant...

And what was Riff's plan for the two vamps?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:16 am 
*impatiently waits for the next days comics to see what in hell is going on*

As one dimensional as Sam is, I like the character and hope he's going to be around in the future.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:28 am 
AOL: Eagle299
pdwalker wrote:

As one dimensional as Sam is, I like the character and hope he's going to be around in the future.

It's one of the rules of fiction. If you don't see a character die on screen, then no matter how improbable their survival, they ain't dead. So until we see Sampire exposed to deadly sunlight, or his mouth stuffed with garlic along with the other things that happened to him, then there is a 100% chance that he will be back.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:52 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
pdwalker wrote:

It's one of the rules of fiction. If you don't see a character die on screen, then no matter how improbable their survival, they ain't dead. So until we see Sampire exposed to deadly sunlight, or his mouth stuffed with garlic along with the other things that happened to him, then there is a 100% chance that he will be back.

99.9% maybe, and I wouldn't go with quite so strict a definition. Important characters making it very clear that he is dead (not that they think he is dead, but that he definitely is dead), usually in a way to avoid showing the more gorey bits or just move the plot along, is plenty. Hell, the rest of the Lysinda circle was pretty much like that. The characters SAID they left them in the sun, but I'm pretty sure we didn't see them get dusted.

That said, we haven't reached that point with Sam. In fact Torg was pretty clear that he would come back if they didn't garlic/sun him, and they didn't have time for either. However, someone else COULD still finish the job on-panel.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:51 am 
More importantly,

A NEW RIVAL APPROACHES!

Will Riff make the elf with two backs to avoid 4ucity? ....or just as a last stop before the inevitable with Izzy?

All that I know is that Tweety is probably the jealous glomping type!

:riff: I dunno.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:24 am 
I thought Torg just wanted to get away from what was happening in the van, but he has a different shirt so it must be later...and I don't understand the arrow and dot on the new shirt.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:43 am 
Haha, Pete was just too lazy to draw seatbelts I bet.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:51 pm 
Eagle299 wrote:
pdwalker wrote:

In comics or Science Fiction, even death is not permanent. How many times has Superman died now?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:38 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Poor Torg. Regret is corrosive.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions