Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for April 15, 2016
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:19 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday can see into the future. It sees...

A tor... a part of the tor is very sheer... at the top a ledge is... wait, it's fading. I see somethintg else coming into focus...

Clothing on a wire... an oddly bent piece of wire with a hook at the top... the hook is around a rod which it is... wait, it's fading. I don't see anything else.

That'll be 50 euros.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Thu=[#57 +1 *745]
Fri=[#55 +2 *808]
Sat=[#55 +0 *874]
Sun=[#55 +0 *917]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:07 am 
Welp. The poo just hit the fan.

I'm not sure I believe Torg would just sit on the sidelines, but man. I think the 4U city storyline has gone full circle now.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:14 am 
Does "what a nerd-boy" count as four words or three?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:18 am 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Torg's right too :D

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 am 
This was wonderfully passive-aggressive!

"Because I've never dealt with those before." = Go to hell, Izzy.

"Technology you created." Aside from the Flux Generator, the robot suits. And he worked for Hereti-Corp. And Torg is the one being lectured.

"Don't put any loved ones in his line of fire" And Torg is the one being lectured.

Bun-bun's talk made a bigger impact than Izzy's, I think. He pointed out that Riff is needed. So Torg's revenge for Sam is to put Riff in charge of cleaning up the mess his inventions have created. Love it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:35 am 
Ha! He's setting up for a side-story. The next Torg Potter, I assume. Three more to go and only a year before the strip wraps up, but I knew you wouldn't let me down Pete. I believed in you.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:39 am 
shmuck wrote:
Ha! He's setting up for a side-story. The next Torg Potter, I assume. Three more to go and only a year before the strip wraps up, but I knew you wouldn't let me down Pete. I believed in you.

Man, that would be so evil. Also, just the sort of joke I feel like Pete would love.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:07 am 
Yahoo Messenger: aquarosewater
AOL: aquarosewater
I get why Torg is so ticked. I do. He's worked like HELL to keep everyone in one piece, working on taking out Hereti-corp, trying to figure out what has been going on with Oasis, somehow managed to SNAG Knight-1, Knight-1 and Riff turn on him together and make him abandon one of the few people who had his back during the Minions Are Forever arcs.

It's easy for Riff to forget that Torg had to run an entire rebel force, under protest, in the DOL. He has a bit of that spirit here, mixed in with a small amount of shudder-worthy annoyance.

I'm guessing "What a Nerd-Boy" is the phrase referred to in the title.

I have my own specs about where they are headed. I'm hoping that Sam, wherever he is, is safe.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 am 
Well!
Didn't see that one coming.
You've really been keeping us guess, I can truly say that.
*thumbs up*

And yup, love the passive aggressive punishment. Lol.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:19 am 
Moueska wrote:
It's easy for Riff to forget that Torg had to run an entire rebel force, under protest, in the DOL. He has a bit of that spirit here, mixed in with a small amount of shudder-worthy annoyance.

Has Torg ever even opened up to anyone about the DoL incident? I don't remember if anyone knows much other than that it took a major toll on him.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:22 am 
I think at some point he told Zoe some of the general details regarding that excursion, but he couldn't bring himself to say everything that needed to be said. IIRC.

I think that was Zoe summing up this situation in twelve words, but still, can't argue with the rabbit. :bunbun:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:36 am 
shmuck wrote:
Three more to go and only a year before the strip wraps up, but I knew you wouldn't let me down Pete. I believed in you.

I don't think the announcement was to be read as "the strip wraps up".

It says that Pete will try to finish the story for as long as he can make a living doing it. This does not indicate 2017. Sluggy Freelance is planned to cease being a daily webcomic. This could mean as little as a turn into "MWF" or as much as dead-tree-versions appearing in stores. Pete could prepare complete chapters or books and put them out only once he's finished - meaning waiting for content but not waiting in the middle of storylines. Plus it could mean a more polished version as he's able to make changes to the start if the need arises near the end.
Defenders could get access early, maybe even to the "unpolished and more frequent" version.

In any case: There is too much story left to wrap it up in one and a half year. It was only recently that the story started the third and final act.

Regarding Torg Potter: I didn't expect Pete to continue that side-story but after the current remarks about monsters and You-probably-don't-know-who being alive is partly Torg's fault, this seems like a very good introduction.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:16 am 
Moueska wrote:
I get why Torg is so ticked. I do. He's worked like HELL to keep everyone in one piece, working on taking out Hereti-corp, trying to figure out what has been going on with Oasis, somehow managed to SNAG Knight-1, Knight-1 and Riff turn on him together and make him abandon one of the few people who had his back during the Minions Are Forever arcs.

I'm guessing "What a Nerd-Boy" is the phrase referred to in the title.

I have my own specs about where they are headed. I'm hoping that Sam, wherever he is, is safe.

Harsh!

On the other side of the coin Riff did save Torgs life by stopping him running out to confront several dozen Vryko vamps. There was no way Torg would have got Sam and Sylvia into the safe room in time. Also Riff did what he could to ensure Sam and Sylvia had a chance of survival by setting up the sprinklers. Then, when the bomb trigger didn't work, Riff and Izzy walked out to put themselves in serious danger to remove the Vryko threat.

Sam hasn't been Riff's friend since he became a vamp and he's been quite open about it, yet he made an attempt to give him a fighting chance at getting through it. So how is it betrayal?

Riff was about saving Torg and ending the vamp threat at the very real risk of his own life. I really admire that.

Torg is being a jerk wallowing in self loathing here. Ok, he feels terrible about beheading Sam, but he could have restored him later and explained. Instead he walked away, without even knowing what happened to him.

And even Torg must have known how dangerous Sylvia is, particularly to Zoe as Lysinda's killer.

Some sympathy, but eroding steadily as Torg continues to be a dork.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:31 am 
Cow_k wrote:
shmuck wrote:

Man, that would be so evil. Also, just the sort of joke I feel like Pete would love.

Oh man, it's been awhile since we got a Torg Potter! For awhile Pete seemed to be trying to time them to movie releases but that fell through as the plots wouldn't allow the needed breaks....

... But there is that new play coming out....

(Torg Potter summer of '16 for the win!)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:54 am 
Its a twist!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions