Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for April 28, 2016
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:08 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday is today. Not yesterday or tomorow, but right now!

Get it while it's fresh!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day
Wed=[#52 +1 *1497]
Thu=[#53 -1 *1563]

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:41 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Not a hard choice lady. The main reason you want Sam dead is to make the Strat happy so they won't kill your boss.... who is dead. The other reason is to punish Sam because he was a jerk, which is less important than REBUILDING YOUR BLOODY PYRAMID.
Besides dude, Izzy is on the move. Sam... he ain't going anywhere and you know this. Do one and then the other.
The only reason she would choose Sam over Izzy is because killing Sam would maybe cause the Strat to end the war. Maybe.

And don't think that I don't appreciate the irony that Riff staked Sylvia (again) and just left her lying there (again). Good times. Good times.

AND YAY for Sam being singe dead as opposed to double dead.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:48 am 
Hmmm. How about "none of the above"? My god Urja is an idiot.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 am 
AOL: Eagle299
She should be helping Sam and Sylvia at this point. They have a common enemy, and as long as they live, the provide a perfect defense. Urja should make them her new best friends.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:56 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
She should be helping Sam and Sylvia at this point. They have a common enemy, and as long as they live, the provide a perfect defense. Urja should make them her new best friends.

I specced with some confidence that she would be allying the remnants of the cirkail - to ensure the Strakoistrat could never strike against the remaining Vrykolakas in the new world.
But it seemed like she didn't even consider that. Phillinon truly was the brains of the pyramid, I guess...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:00 am 
migB wrote:
Eagle299 wrote:

I specced with some confidence that she would be allying the remnants of the cirkail - to ensure the Strakoistrat could never strike against the remaining Vrykolakas in the new world.
But it seemed like she didn't even consider that. Phillinon truly was the brains of the pyramid, I guess...

It was Phillinon who ordered Urja to kill the bloodkeeper, it was Urja who figured out the secret of the Strakoi Eyes. At this point I think Urja is the smarter one, but they are both dumb as bricks.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 am 
"nobody knows about it"

...except for hereticorp. And the vampires. and the remnant minions of the minion master. And the other vampires. and the black op elves. Also, probably the local fire department is on its way. Did I mention that hereticorp thinks riff is in the building and owns zap-a-building-away-sized satellite DFAs?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:29 am 
Since when does Hereticorp know about the saferoom? Only if Sasha knew about it. I'd say most of the groups you're mentioning do NOT know about it. Although, it doesn't really look like it's so hard to find despite being "secret."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:17 pm 
migB wrote:

Urja is a soldier, not a general. She follows orders. With Philinnon gone, she's gonna have to learn how to step up into her new role, or she won't leave much of a legacy for Philinnon.

I agree the smart thing would be to keep the cirkail alive to keep the magical Strak-defense in place. But that would mean disobeying Philinnon's last order, and I don't know if Urja has that in her.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:30 pm 
Or, and I'm just spitballing here:

You WAIT. Turn some more minions to start rebuilding the pyramid; leave Sam staked, hidden and immobilized to power the magic deflector shield; and let Izzy go on to have kids of her own so that you have more of 'your blood' to eventually drink. Then, when she's let her guard down when she's older, swoop in and absorb her and begin rebuilding the pyramid. For Sluggy's sake, you are an IMMORTAL VAMPIRE. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW PATIENCE AND STRATEGY?!

/rant

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:50 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
yaysalt wrote:
Did I mention that hereticorp thinks riff is in the building and owns zap-a-building-away-sized satellite DFAs?

Heh, i would be funny if Hereti Corp zapped Sam and Sylvia to the dimension of Lambada dancers or whatever where there are no evil vampires. Then Sam would never be double dead and the Strakoi could never come to the New World.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:57 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:

You WAIT. Turn some more minions to start rebuilding the pyramid; leave Sam staked, hidden and immobilized to power the magic deflector shield; and let Izzy go on to have kids of her own so that you have more of 'your blood' to eventually drink. Then, when she's let her guard down when she's older, swoop in and absorb her and begin rebuilding the pyramid. For Sluggy's sake, you are an IMMORTAL VAMPIRE. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW PATIENCE AND STRATEGY?!

/rant

It could be the power comes from haveing ALL of her blood at once, rather than how much of it she drinks.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm 
endplanets wrote:
yaysalt wrote:
Did I mention that hereticorp thinks riff is in the building and owns zap-a-building-away-sized satellite DFAs?

Heh, i would be funny if Hereti Corp zapped Sam and Sylvia to the dimension of Lambada dancers or whatever where there are no evil vampires. Then Sam would never be double dead and the Strakoi could never come to the New World.

Does the magic still work if you're in another dimension though? I know it acts outside of the Web, but does it transcend time and space? If so, Riff! Get in there and flux 'em both away!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:49 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:

Well, that's the SENSIBLE thing, yes. It's obvious even to us. But, well, Urja was never the sharpest, being that the Vrykolakas do not appear to place a high premium on independent thought and initiative.

garyfritz wrote:
Urja is a soldier, not a general. She follows orders. With Philinnon gone, she's gonna have to learn how to step up into her new role, or she won't leave much of a legacy for Philinnon.

I agree the smart thing would be to keep the cirkail alive to keep the magical Strak-defense in place. But that would mean disobeying Philinnon's last order, and I don't know if Urja has that in her.
Urja would be less of a good soldier and more of a mindless drone if she can't recognize that this situation is FUBAR and that those orders, aimed at avoiding an outcome which has now already happened, no longer apply. Plus, her leader is dead and she's in charge now, for what it's worth. Soldiers who can't handle this kind of thing happening get wiped out.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:27 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:

/rant

Simply becoming immortal does not grant you intelligence: e.g., Sam. Undead you have the same intelligence - or lack of it - that you had when you became immortal. Now, it is possible to learn to use parts of the brain that you did not bother to exercise while mortal, but that is not likely for one reason. Vamps survive by drinking the blood of the living. In order to do that, most vamps rely on brute force - not cunning. There is something about relying on brute force that stops the brain from examining other avenues and therefore learning how to use those more cerebral parts. Urja - is a perfect middle manager. She is a follower, but is not afraid to gather power and brute force to solidify her own station. She is very clearly "beta". Now that she's leaderless, she can either figure out how to step into the void and become an "alpha", or she can find one of the other survivors to serve.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions