Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for May 3, 2016
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:35 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Yesterday told Tuesday that it thinks nobody here is any fun.

Then it proceeded to produce a long drawn out raspberry...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day
Mon=[#85 -- *41]
Tue=[#73 +12 *107]

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:18 am 
Unless I'm missing something here, it seems that if Pete "chose" his words more carefully, that would be "choose".

The fact that I can't figure out why there are quote marks there, however, suggests that I might be missing something. What's this about?

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:31 am 
Maybe she's referring to the choices Urja spoke about as she found out what the situation with Sam and Sylvia was? I think she had said she could either turn Isabella and try to rebuild or kill Sam. She chose a third path.

Which doesn't seem very rational. I know I shouldn't be considering the long term survival of vampires, but perhaps Sylvia should be on top of this pyramid.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:33 am 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
Unless I'm missing something here, it seems that if Pete "chose" his words more carefully, that would be "choose".

The fact that I can't figure out why there are quote marks there, however, suggests that I might be missing something. What's this about?

I think the implication is that Sylvia doesn't actually mean Urja has a choice.

However, I think Urja is right if she means Sam. He'd be a terrific figurehead leader, a nice target, and utterly expendable if the Strakoi decided to go after the "top of the pyramid" again.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:35 am 
Sylvia is a selfish little tyrant. Urja is right to choose Sam over her and she'd also be right to kill her if Sam would allow it... which unfortunately he probably wouldn't. And I don't for a second believe that she couldn't if it were one on one.

Last edited by Lord Golbez on Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:39 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Durandal_1707 wrote:

I think the implication is that Sylvia doesn't actually mean Urja has a choice.

However, I think Urja is right if she means Sam. He'd be a terrific figurehead leader, a nice target, and utterly expendable if the Strakoi decided to go after the "top of the pyramid" again.

Okay, then it's a typo and should be "choose".

edit: looks like Pete already fixed it. Never mind.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:41 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Yes, Sam will be the "king of kings". When translates from ancient Vampiristin to modern English: a "Da Man". He will be the greates Da Man that has every existed!

From now on I am going to pretend they are playing Civilization. "Commander, we have to build this World Wonder pyramid because something something culture and economic boost".

Drakuu is too cuu for schuu. And ending consonants.

Urja still seems insistent that the Strak want to wipe out all the vampires. They only wanted to wipe out the Vorp in order to get to the New World. They seems to like and back up the Vyrk up until the death of the Bloodkeeper to say nothing of other vampire types that may exist across the world. And I still don't know what the Plan of Circles is other than destroy the circles which is a goal unless they are implying that the PoC is to let the circles fight each other.

Menacing Sylvia is great.

I like how Sam maintains eye contact even when slapped.

Last edited by endplanets on Tue May 03, 2016 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:47 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
What the heck is happening to Sam's face? It looks like it is falling off.

I could understand seeing his jaw dropping over the panels because of "boobs". That would of made sense. Not the entire bottom of his face including his nose though.

Would of looked better if his expression stayed the same throughout each panel. This is just...weird.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:31 am 
Sam's really rockin that uncanny valley there.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:01 am 
Zillatain wrote:
What the heck is happening to Sam's face? It looks like it is falling off.

I could understand seeing his jaw dropping over the panels because of "boobs". That would of made sense. Not the entire bottom of his face including his nose though.

Would of looked better if his expression stayed the same throughout each panel. This is just...weird.

Sylvia literally slapped the smile off his face.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:07 am 
This scene lack a character, so I'll add him myself:
Hubba bubba :bunbun:

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 am 
Sylvia stripping for sam.

Again. TOLD YA ALL!

Vampire love triangle. Sylvia is jealous cause Urja has a better rack. Urja just 'earned' her forever trust with the Sampire! :sam:

How will Sylvia fight back for her Sampire? STAY TUNED!

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:49 am 
I'm expecting a tone deaf Sam to break out a "Ladies, no need to fight over me! Plenty of Sampire to go around!"

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:25 am 
I'm having a really hard time following Urja's logic here. She's not worthy to rebuild the Vrykolakas (or the Vryko-Vorpyr, as we seem to be headed towards) but Sam somehow is? Even if you overlook that and accept that Urja has reconciled herself to not being worthy of being more than a beta, why Sam instead of Sylvia? Irony aside, he's a completely illogical choice. Hopefully tomorrow will clarify things a bit.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:38 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
I'm having a really hard time following Urja's logic here. She's not worthy to rebuild the Vrykolakas (or the Vryko-Vorpyr, as we seem to be headed towards) but Sam somehow is? Even if you overlook that and accept that Urja has reconciled herself to not being worthy of being more than a beta, why Sam instead of Sylvia? Irony aside, he's a completely illogical choice. Hopefully tomorrow will clarify things a bit.

To be fair, she hasn't actually said what Sylvia assumed. She hasn't gotten there yet.

And hopefully Sam's fatal flaw won't result in another debacle like last time. We have no more Lysinda samples.

Totally unrelated: are Urja's ears growing and shrinking with the drama of the story?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions