Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 pm 
So... I suppose the magical barrier remains intact even when the other vampires are still... remains?

I mean, Sylvia was a withered, staked husk and Sam was a bag of fragments beyond any repair but the queen's blood. But it seems the barrier remained for that period anyway. So it's not like either of them have to be active... merely have their body/bits exist in some form?

I guess I don't understand why the barrier remained while both were basically "dead" earlier. Would the bit of Sam inside of G'naw provide an indefinite safeguard?

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:46 pm 
MasterPokey wrote:
I guess I don't understand why the barrier remained while both were basically "dead" earlier. Would the bit of Sam inside of G'naw provide an indefinite safeguard?

I think Sam could have been considered 'dead dead' after being eaten by G'naw, but there isn't enough evidence to confirm that. Either way, Sylvia was still only staked/not dead so the barrier remained intact.

Since the barrier remained after both were staked, they confirms that being staked on the vault is an indefinite safeguard...or that there is another Vorpyr out there that is keeping it alive.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:36 pm 
I'm really worried where this is going. I mean, this could be Sam's moment of greatness, when he starts acting instead of reacting and being tangentially less of an idiot. But it doesn't seem that way.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
That's more like it. Although I would have preferred if she just stuck the stake in all the way and traded the broom closet for the heather fields.

Seconded.
Eagle299 wrote:
So, Sampire is to be the new Dracula. Yeah, no way Drakku is not this world's Dracula. I approve of this turn of events.

I can't believe that Dracula would be older than Philinnion (or even Menelaus).

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:58 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
Nevermind what I said about the last strip. I guess Urja is just an idiot.

Yeah... Urja's sudden turn makes no sense and the rationale she gives Sylvia is pretty hard to swallow.

Agreed. The One at the top of the pyramid is the leader, the strategist, the nerve center of the entire pyramid. And she wants somebody who plays poingy-poingy with his fingers?

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:50 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
That's more like it. Although I would have preferred if she just stuck the stake in all the way and traded the broom closet for the heather fields.

Seconded.
Eagle299 wrote:
So, Sampire is to be the new Dracula. Yeah, no way Drakku is not this world's Dracula. I approve of this turn of events.

I can't believe that Dracula would be older than Philinnion (or even Menelaus).

Seems unlikely, but I can't imagine that the name similarity is purely coincidental. Drakku, being this world's Dracula, doesn't necessarily have to conform to all the associations with Dracula. For the matter, neither do all imaginations of Dracula. As far as I recall, Bram Stoker never gave specifics that would put an upper limit on his age. Associations with Vlad would put him only in the hundreds of years, as opposed to the thousands for Menelaus and Philinnon (if he's THE Menelaus, his age should probably have been in the area of 3000 and Philinnon would presumably be older still), but there's no reason we have to assume that we couldn't have an older version of Dracula.

That said, what I find harder to believe is that no mention of "Dracula" has existed in this comic previously. I'm not going to read through the whole archive to find out though. It would be hard for Drakku to be this world's Dracula if the Niftyverse is already cognizant of Dracula in pop culture. I mean.... they could still say Dracula was based on Drakku, I guess.

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 am 
Sluggy NiftySearch say the word "Dracula" has appeared twice -- both times referencing Bram Stoker's book. So play it however you want.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions