Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for June 8, 2016
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:53 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is not going to get into this stupid "human" debate with the crazies. Humans are no more real than Sasquatch, Nessie, Zuckerberg or Santa.

Just stop it already.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day
Tue=[#54 -2 *301]
Wed=[#54 -0 *352]

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:01 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Oh NO! He dropped his smokes.

And maybe the opened jar.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:10 am 
No, the *closed* jar. If it was open, she'd still be out.

Mr Needles is going to find this turn of events very interesting, I'm sure.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 am 
You know, I just thought of something. If Aylee ever has trouble sleeping, she could just buy one of those chloroform scented candles. A small one should burn for about 8 hours, right?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:30 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
I guess Smokey didn't (note the use of the past tense in referring to Smokey) that chloroform is dangerously combustible when exposed to an open flame. Don't reckon he'll learn now.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:35 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
parannoyed wrote:
I guess Smokey didn't (note the use of the past tense in referring to Smokey) that chloroform is dangerously combustible when exposed to an open flame. Don't reckon he'll learn now.
Actually chloroform is nonflammable, though it might be stabilized with ethanol. Now if you apply enough heat to it you might produce some phosgene gas. Which with an open flame could be a problem, but a cigarette is not an open flame.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:16 am 
So why does aylee (apparently) have to unwrap her wings in order to punch things? Her arms seem to have free range of motion normally.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:08 am 
Yep, the gang's laying low, alright. Bun-bun, Gwynn, Aylee -- nothing to see here, folks.

Sotanaht wrote:
So why does aylee (apparently) have to unwrap her wings in order to punch things? Her arms seem to have free range of motion normally.

I took the wing-unfurling as something of a rage reflex.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:36 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
That's a pretty profound weakness for Aylee. Also yeah, 3 main characters just strolling out of costume. Hope nobody passes a traffic camera.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:53 am 
Apparently they have an extremely efficient ventilation system in that car, that purges the chloroform from the air immediately when the jar is closed. I guess they installed it so that Smokey could smoke without exposing Mook to second-hand smoke.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:30 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Apparently they have an extremely efficient ventilation system in that car, that purges the chloroform from the air immediately when the jar is closed. I guess they installed it so that Smokey could smoke without exposing Mook to second-hand smoke.

To be honest, I'm going to put this down to "Artistic License - Gas Physics" and "Rule of Funny".

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:41 pm 
Mithrandir wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

To be honest, I'm going to put this down to "Artistic License - Gas Physics" and "Rule of Funny".

As much as I hate the fact that TV Tropes has so overtaken the discussion of common themes in works of fiction that we have to use their lexicography (and also kind of annoyed that they name tropes after examples so readily that they clearly have many tropes that are exactly or almost exactly the same in all ways but name, and DISGUSTED that they probably have a trope name for that phenomenon), I agree the humor definitely trumps realism in these kinds of cases

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:01 am 
Mithrandir wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

You're free to do that. Myself, I have more fun coming up with an implausible explanation than shrugging it off with "Rule of Funny".

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 am 
Yeah, I wondered about the gas diffusion and then let it go since we'll all forget about in a week.

As for the "rage reflex", maybe it's like when she'd go all spiky in one of her previous forms.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:11 pm 
Yeah, Mook and especially Smoky are lucky she didn't go spiky. They would have fared worse than a minor car wreck. (And I assume it was minor, since Gwynn and Bun-Bun didn't notice any smoke or flames coming up from the ravine.)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions