Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for June 22, 2016
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:31 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday will neither confirm nor deny what yesterday had stated. Though its Majesty will say that yesterday should "not put words in our mouth" if yesterday wishes to keep said mouth.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day
Tue=[#46 +2 *978]
Wed=[#45 +1 *1033]

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:11 am 
Smokey is a tactical fighter, like Batman, I guess. Always keeping track of his opponent and his advantages

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:18 am 
WHEN WILL SHE CHANGE FORM ALREADY

Last time stuff like this happened she adapted within minutes (http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/20070723). This has been going on for, oh, panels already. At least three. I don't remember. C'mon Pete, you're killing me.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:32 am 
alphacow wrote:
WHEN WILL SHE CHANGE FORM ALREADY

Last time stuff like this happened she adapted within minutes (http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/20070723). This has been going on for, oh, panels already. At least three. I don't remember. C'mon Pete, you're killing me.

Aylee was basically 'reborn' at that point in the story. She adapts faster when she's younger.

Can she adapt faster than Riki-Kiki-Taco can come to the rescue??? Hmm.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:00 am 
Um...I'm not sure if Aylee even can evolve anymore. Last time she changed, I had more the impression that it was like a final form. And no, with minor exceptions, Aylee rarely adapted quickly. I don't know if there was any circumstance other than "Aylee" where she adapted in the middle of the action of an arc. And in that case, she had help. Yes, she had quick one panel evolutions, but those were in joke strips dedicated solely to the evolutions. She never immediately evolved as a response to a threat. However, I suppose she rather immediately went into cocoon state in response to nanites.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:17 pm 
Hm, not sure I agree with that. I don't think we have any idea how old she is or how long her kind tends to live, other than "probably a long time", given all that dialog in that story I linked to earlier. Definitely not sure why this would be her "final form", relative to any other one, other than just because she's been in it for a while. No real need to adapt in this role so far, maybe?

That said, maybe you're right. Either way its a frustrating story to watch :)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:40 pm 
In the "dimension of heart" (where the other alien Leono was) It was implied that aylee's species has a life cycle in which they are able to quickly change at first, then slowly change later, and that they eventually change into a final form that looks like a mountain with tentacles. They may be able to recharge their ability to quickly change by either eating everything in their environment or absorbing life-energy from other members of the species that have eaten everything in their environment.

so aylee's life cycle was:

fast changes (dinosaur, four armed duck, looks like a woman aylee, the great gazoo,
slow changes: puppy-snake, emp aylee, fire aylee
final state: tentacle mountain aylee

THEN she absorbed the life force from leono's minions, and went back to :
Fast changes: wyvern aylee, magneto helmet aylee, magneto helmet aylee mark 2, and finally looks like a woman aylee mark 2.

So far we haven't seen any slow changes during aylee's second go round.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:50 am 
Aylee's "mountain" final form was instinctual.
It was presumably called "final" because it triggered her destroying a world, where after the alien would have died as well since the whole world went BOOM!

Since Aylee will now most likely avoid that mountain form, she has also avoided a form that will spell her doom. She's free to evolve into whatever it is she wants while hopefully avoiding that mountain form again.

We have no evidence that she will ever stop evolving. Only that it will get slower over time.

Larger threats may lead to quicker evolving though. We've seen some of that.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions