Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for June 23, 2016
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:53 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday having connection problems. Probably due to a severe storm that is nearby. If you can see this, then apparently this thread exists.

It should become self aware shortly and try to hunt you all down and...be your friend.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day
Wed=[#45 +1 *1033]
Thu=[#46 -1 *1085]

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:12 am 
Uh. All these years and I've never made that connection with Aylee's name. Is this really the first time it's been brought up? If so, I really must have spaced out on it. I'm a little dumbstruck, but also feel sort of stupid.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:21 am 
As much as this feels like an odd time for a filler arc with barely more than a year of the comic left to go, Aylee and Kiki have gotten very little on panel time over the last few years, and I'm glad this arc is remedying that. I'm especially enjoying all the Kiki humor.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:02 am 
Go Kiki!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:30 am 
Cow_k wrote:
Uh. All these years and I've never made that connection with Aylee's name. Is this really the first time it's been brought up? If so, I really must have spaced out on it. I'm a little dumbstruck, but also feel sort of stupid.

The Alien connection has been there from the start: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/980112. Actually, Pete had to tone it down to avoid problems (see http://sluggy.wikia.com/wiki/Aylee).

:aylee:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 am 
Cow_k wrote:

Yes, that took me a while too! But then I wrote about it in the reactions forum to help others. Still I suspected there must be those who didn't realize the origin of the name.

DanQ wrote:
The Alien connection has been there from the start: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/980112. Actually, Pete had to tone it down to avoid problems (see http://sluggy.wikia.com/wiki/Aylee).

We knew she was an alien from the start. But the comic never mentions that her name comes from the word alien. It only has Torg say Aylee, and then Riff ask how "Aylee" is doing. The quotation marks are the closest to a hint the viewers are given.

Pete did not have to tone down Aylee being an alien. He just changed the form she had to avoid potential copyright complaints.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am 
Oh, Kiki. Such a plucky little ferret.

I wonder what Mook's planning to do back there.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:04 pm 
I NEVER put together the connection of Aylee's name! :aylee:

Aww Kiki's being so brave! Kick his butt Kiki I have faith! Pretend to be Bun-Bun!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 pm 
Huh, that's interesting. Ayleen is a term for the "perfect woman". Meanwhile that also sounds like "alien". This guy went from wanting to murder to thoughtful. If Mr. McNinja stops being an jerk and lets Aylee go, I can see them getting together eventually. This guy would make a good asset for the anti-HC team. He has very useful skills. Here's hoping that he's not stupid enough to try to sell her to a company for vivisection or something.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions