Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for August 8, 2016
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:42 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Would you look at the time!? It's seventeen past Monday?! I'm going to be late, late, late!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Sat=[#60 +0 *258]
Sun=[#60 +0 *292]
Mon=[#59 +1 *337]

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:19 am 
I never would have thought that Oasis would be so interested in money - she didn't seem the type. I wonder what she does with it though. As for taking the diamonds, you know the cliche "diamonds are a girl's best friend".

I also didn't know that Oasis was also a safe-cracker. Still, she must have skills more subtle than just stabbing things. Cooking is obviously not one of them though.

Nonetheless, I like the irony of Mr Needles's corpse being kept in one of his own human trafficking cages.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:33 am 
So Oasis did her murdering before Kiki.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:41 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Interesting. What does Oasis need all of this money for? Highly doubt she is getting it "just to be rich". Also I wonder how much of a trouble she had stuffing Kitty into a cage considering how small they are.

After this chapter is finished, I'm tempted to go through and piece the separate stories together to match the timelines up. Would probably have to move/edit some dialog and panels to make it work. I'll have to think about it. Assuming Pete wouldn't have a problem with me mutilating his work that is.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:13 am 
Money? I want to know what was in that safe that was worth spending time searching for, if not diamonds and cash!

slightlylooney wrote:
I also didn't know that Oasis was also a safe-cracker. Still, she must have skills more subtle than just stabbing things.

You mean that isn't how she opened the safe?

Quote:
Cooking is obviously not one of them though.

Come on, what good chef isn't at least slightly knife-crazy?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:31 am 
"At least you can die. That's a plus!"

Poor Oasis. Looks like she's getting bitter about the resurrection thing. Can't blame her, I suppose, though I wonder if she would be more sanguine about it if she were free of Dr. Steve's meddling with her mind. Living forever would suck even more if you couldn't even truly live for yourself.

Also: I'm quite certain she has some purpose for her riches, but we probably won't get more than a hint just yet.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:06 am 
It's still polite to close their eyes though... Christ Kid...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:55 am 
MrTroy wrote:
Money? I want to know what was in that safe that was worth spending time searching for, if not diamonds and cash!

Yeah, what was she looking for?

Her fingerprints must be all over. If she's been leaving a trail of dead formerly-rich bodies, you would think that would catch up with her sooner or later...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm 
slightlylooney wrote:
Still, she must have skills more subtle than just stabbing things. Cooking is obviously not one of them though.

But... But there isn't a better meal than (extra crispy) pizza rolls*! Is there?

*Which I had last week for the first time in ages and ages in honor of Oasis' return!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:39 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
MrTroy wrote:

Yeah, what was she looking for?

Her fingerprints must be all over. If she's been leaving a trail of dead formerly-rich bodies, you would think that would catch up with her sooner or later...

Meh...Hereticorp might have a match for her fingerprints, but they're looking for her anyway. Regular law enforcement probably won't have a match and she lives far away. Fingerprints won't help much if they don't have any other leads. I'll grant you though that it could lead to them connecting seemingly unrelated cases and putting it together with other evidence, such as witness testimony. Still, no one knows where she is, so without piecing together prospective targets, I don't see how it would do much good. It would probably catch up to her EVENTUALLY sure, but before she finishes her objective?

And even if it did, she goes out guns blazing (well, knives) and gets killed. She comes back, hC is still looking for her, but no one else, and they've lost their lead on her. Sure, it's possible/likely that this stuff triggers some alerts for Schlock and it plays out differently, but I doubt whether she leaves fingerprints around will even matter much. Schlock will figure out it was Oasis just from the MO.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:59 pm 
Ah. For a minute there, I thought they had somehow escaped and re-captured Aylee.

I don't think Oasis has to worry about fingerprints. What are the cops going to do?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions