Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:45 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Would you look at that... It's just fifteen minutes until Wednesday's comic is up.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Tue=[#59 +0 *371]
Wed=[#59 +0 *408]

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:09 am 
Geez. I didn't have a super good impression of Kareen lapping it up in luxury while expecting Oasis to come back with money to support her lifestyle, but this really solidifies that negative impression. She forgot that he daughter ran away and apparently doesn't care enough to do anything about it? Granted, her daughter may be old enough to live on her own now (not really sure what her current age is), but given the circumstances I'd think it would warrant more concern.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:13 am 
Something is wrong when Oasis is the normal one in the room.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:25 am 
Kareen seems worringly unconcerned about Katie running away. I know that Oasis is living with them but still...
I have my suspicions as to why Katie keeps running away but I won't go further here.

It's strange that Kareen is able to get so much done on the sly. There's a lot of paperwork involved in buying a house on the never-never, especially such a posh one. Also, selling or redeeming bonds on the QT can't be easy though selling diamonds might be easier. Spending all that money also will draw attention as it is impossible to get everyone to keep mum. All in all, it's a rum do.
( :pun: I've wanted to use all these quaint turns of phrase for quite some time now :pun: )

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:25 am 
Very Harbinger look there

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:01 am 
It seems Kareen has gone insane again. Not surprising really. I keep expecting her to start a drug addiction or something. She can't have that much sanity left after all that she's gone through.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:05 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Bad Keran!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:54 am 
Quote:
She ran away again

Seems like Pete is opening another can of worms (that's the idiom, right?).
It seems like ever since "The Big Announcement" Pete has been expanding the universe - almost as if to crush every hope of anything being resolved before "The Big Date".

First, The Circle - starting from a simple intermission to the R&D-wars - gets expanded into a half-year-colossus. Backstory for Minion Master, backstory for the vampire clans, introduction of a new fraction (Bloodkeepers) and history for them, too.
Next, The Crappers started as an interlude about gambling and exploded into introducing the Mr. Needles-party and discovering a secret about bad luck.
At least The Road Nerds was pretty straightforward with the babies-and-marriage-question. And it only took a few weeks.
Now, The Mystery Woman is back. As the queen, this seemed like a return to the R&D-wars. And almost immediately, the story meanders to the Zalias' family problems.

There's something to be said about Just-in-Case-Ich: Although that story does not advance the Sluggyverse-plot, it doesn't use weeks to open up sideplots that may need months to resolve.

I'm started to be reminded of the Gargoyles-Avalon-plot: Many of these episodes served as pilots to side-series. Not all of them became series and none of them in the same medium (TV Show); some made it as comics/graphic novels.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:57 am 
Kareen need to see a psychologist STAT.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:12 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Thecommander369 wrote:
It seems Kareen has gone insane again. Not surprising really. I keep expecting her to start a drug addiction or something. She can't have that much sanity left after all that she's gone through.

She does have a drug addiction. Notice the empty bottles under the table?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions