Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:39 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Do you know what the seven Sluggy sins are?

Nope, I have no idea either. Though strangely, I do expect that Thursday would be nonsensically jammed in there somewhere.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Wed=[#60 +2 *643]
Thu=[#60 +0 *694]

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:09 am 
I have to ask: How did Katie learn about the ice cream incident? It just seems an odd thing for her to find out about.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:25 am 
"The Paper News" had me laughing.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:30 am 
I forgot to mention:
- I'm wondering if the House of Cheese employees that were reported stabbed to death were actual House of Cheese employees or if that was a cover story for the Hereti-corp agents who were stabbed to death. (I know that Oasis had killed House of Cheese employees in the past because of Override B-1 but still...)
- How long did it take Oasis to stab the sign to death?
- What does Oasis like to eat? And what does she actually feel about pizza? I know that she had a case of "sharp & pointy jagged foods" when she was in that cave but that still doesn't answer those questions.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:34 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Brutal and tragic murders at a pizza shop......
which was then turned into a Freddy Fazbear's Pizza location.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:34 am 
Hmm. Either Oasis is getting badly flanderized, or her Override programming has started to seriously degrade.

She was never previously filled with a desire to kill inanimate objects, or customers - the logo might have triggered the override, but the override was specifically to eliminate current Hereti-corp employees, whether they were wearing the logo or not, and relied on her personal ability to discern that nature - for example, if they quit and she knew it, she would no longer try to kill them due to the override.

I hope it means something, but I suspect it's just flanderization in action. :(

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:33 am 
GlyphGryph wrote:
Hmm. Either Oasis is getting badly flanderized, or her Override programming has started to seriously degrade.

She was never previously filled with a desire to kill inanimate objects, or customers - the logo might have triggered the override, but the override was specifically to eliminate current Hereti-corp employees, whether they were wearing the logo or not, and relied on her personal ability to discern that nature - for example, if they quit and she knew it, she would no longer try to kill them due to the override.

Could be her attempting to work around the programming.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:06 am 
Giving the benefit of doubt, it could be that she now KNOW hC is an evil organisation, instead of being just brainwashed to kill hC employees.
That makes it harder to resist stabbing - after all, to her stabbing is as natural and reflective as breathing :oasis:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:28 am 
GlyphGryph wrote:

If it's flanderization, it's by no means recent. Oasis killed Monica back during bROKEN because she wore a hat with the logo on it. She was a customer! So I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that Oasis never previously killed customers from. There was no House of Cheese in the earlier comics you're referring back to. Also, I find it strange that you're referring back to Dangerous Days Ahead as an example, because the "I quit" solution always struck me as a goofy joke fix.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:04 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
GlyphGryph wrote:

If it's flanderization, it's by no means recent. Oasis killed Monica back during bROKEN because she wore a hat with the logo on it. She was a customer! So I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that Oasis never previously killed customers from. There was no House of Cheese in the earlier comics you're referring back to. Also, I find it strange that you're referring back to Dangerous Days Ahead as an example, because the "I quit" solution always struck me as a goofy joke fix.

Maybe Oasis knows that House of Cheese is a shell company of Hereti-Corp.? And just has never known how amazing their pizza is? Maybe she just yells "Override B-1" as a cover for something else? :riff: I dunno. I kind of agree though; if "Override B-1" is smart enough to identify Riff as an H-C Freelancer, then it should be smart enough to identify the HoC sign as "not a Hereti-Corp. employee".

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Oasis killed Monica back during bROKEN because she wore a hat with the logo on it. She was a customer!

Yeah, but she was an agent of the Bug anyway, so Oasis was still performing a community service.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions