Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:54 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
If you were to watch all seven of the Star Wars movies --including credits-- at one time, it would take 15 hours and 27 minutes. Maybe about 17 hours if you figure on some breaks.

Now what order you watch them is up to you...as long as it's not the "Machete Order". Monday will probably hunt you down and hurt you with a machete if you did.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Fri=[#60 +0 *1034]
Mon=[#60 +0 *1163]

NCoID™333

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:06 am 
I don't recall that it was ever mentioned that the Alaskan vampires were a different sect of vampires. So this seems like news. On the other hand, the Muffin the Vampire Baker vampires sure seem like purely Buffy parody vampires that are different than any of the three Sluggy original types. I wonder if Pete would count those as a different sect or just discount them as gag vampires.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:11 am 
I vote we name this new robot "Pokey".

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:31 am 
AOL: Eagle299
"It's a feature!"

Ah, Riff, this is why we love you.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:54 am 
He is secretly expecting vampires in spaaace :riff:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:11 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
I figured he was expecting a satellite that Schlock was involved with to be inflated. But hey, vampires fly without wings and don't need to breathe. Vampires in space seems perfectly logical, as long as they stay in the Earth's shadow. ;-)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 pm 
Can't tell if Pete's parenthetical on the fourth sect means we will be learning more about them soon, or if the note on "Chapter has nothing to do with Vampires" means it's a throwaway line. If it's the former, I am intrigued as to what their role will be given that the chapter will not focus vampires.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:18 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
I figured he was expecting a satellite that Schlock was involved with to be inflated. But hey, vampires fly without wings and don't need to breathe. Vampires in space seems perfectly logical, as long as they stay in the Earth's shadow. ;-)

Actually, that raises an interesting question: at what point in the penumbra are vampires safe? The light in that part of the shadow just fades from complete shadow to complete light.

I don't blame Riff for taking the incredibly sharp F.I.D.O. into orbit in the inflatable XT-34, though; it's the only spaceship that they have, and inflatable spaceships are actually surprisingly practical.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:28 pm 
That seems a bit complicated for most vamps to pull off (assuming they even can). They would definitely need to be motivated to even make the attempt and I doubt any vamps have connected the dots on hC yet. And the only one who would care (right now) is Urja, because her queen may have died because of the delay caused by Kusari (in reality the Strakoi would have killed her anyway, but let's pretend like Urja might). However, Urja is far too stupid to connect those dots or to execute a plan involving targeting a satellite while flying on a proper path to avoid sunlight.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:38 pm 
Pied Typer wrote:
Actually, that raises an interesting question: at what point in the penumbra are vampires safe? The light in that part of the shadow just fades from complete shadow to complete light.

But since there is no atmosphere, almost any amount of sunlight will be harsher than on earth. I think they'd have to stay in the umbra.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:32 pm 
I'm painfully aware, it's a feature XD Oh Riff. Too funny!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am 
You know, when I first read this, I thought the last frame showed Riff floating out in space, after having popped the XT-34. But apparently not – he's just poked lots of holes and taped them up.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions