Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
On the 28th of this month back in 1885, the first United States automobile race takes place. It is from Chicago to Evanston, Illinois, spanning a distance of 54 miles (87 km). It takes the winner, Frank Duryea, about 8 hours to complete it. He won a prize of $5,000 (about $140,000 in today's money).

Approximately an hour and a half later, Oscar B. Mueller's car came in second place. Though for the last leg of the race, his car was actually driven by Charles Brady King due to Mueller being unconscious from exposure. None of the other four contestants completed the race due to various complications. One ran into a horse shortly after starting. The sole electrically-powered vehicle did not last long due to the cold weather. The other two were two-wheeled automobiles and did not have enough power to climb one of the steep grades on the course.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Sat=[#56 -2 *1194]
Sun=[#56 -0 *1227]
Mon=[#55 +2 *1281]

NCoIDâ„¢270

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:11 am 
I knew Slaughteresa would stay good!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:43 am 
Whew! I was worried there. Nice one, Pete.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:20 am 
After "and she never will", this feels like a cheap cop-out (or a bait-and-switch - I'm never too sure about these idioms) - suitable for some TV show that tries to extend its runtime to another season with cheap tricks but not for Sluggy Freelance.

Don't get me wrong: I'm happy Saughteresa is fine - especially after the expansion of her background (ref: my post about Pete opening more can of worms instead of binding up loose ties) but after "and she never will", it's just cheap for her to be.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:45 am 
TCCPhreak wrote:
After "and she never will", this feels like a cheap cop-out (or a bait-and-switch - I'm never too sure about these idioms) - suitable for some TV show that tries to extend its runtime to another season with cheap tricks but not for Sluggy Freelance.

Don't get me wrong: I'm happy Saughteresa is fine - especially after the expansion of her background (ref: my post about Pete opening more can of worms instead of binding up loose ties) but after "and she never will", it's just cheap for her to be.

Regards,

TCC

Eh, here it's just one day in between setup and pay off. Not like in a TV show where they might spend an entire season to set up a lame plot turn like this. Here it can be funny for how very cheap and overdone it is.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:20 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
I knew Slaughteresa would stay good!

Yeaaaah, let's not jump to conclusions until we know for a fact she hasn't sold their location to the highest bidder. That's a suspiciously specific reassurance.

Quote:
The Sluggy Store will open on Friday December 2nd at 11am Easter Standard Time!

Pete, would that be the time zone where all those painted eggs come from? :P

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:47 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
TCCPhreak wrote:

Regards,

TCC

Eh, here it's just one day in between setup and pay off. Not like in a TV show where they might spend an entire season to set up a lame plot turn like this. Here it can be funny for how very cheap and overdone it is.

Better part of a week actually, since that line was on the 23rd and this whole subplot has been back and forth on the will she or wont she.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:13 am 
So in the end, Pete loves drawing Teresa too much to let her die here.

She's clearly not working for Riff anymore. And I doubt she'd sell out everyone either. So what's next dor her? Hijack a spaceship and hunt down Riffy boy, or just take a vacation?

... or have the ground crumble and the REA suit fall on her and crush her to death?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:00 am 
If I recall, Teresa joined the alliance against hC for a chance to find her sister again. So is she giving up on that I guess?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:29 am 
...and Riff is her best/only chance for that. So she either has to give up on Monicruel, or get over her bloodlust for Riff.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:23 am 
Pied Typer wrote:
If I recall, Teresa joined the alliance against hC for a chance to find her sister again. So is she giving up on that I guess?

Ooooh, right. Torg made a lot of impossible stupid promises to everyone that he passed on to Riff, didn't he?

Wonder when they'll all blow up.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions