Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
On the 1st of this month back in 2015, nothing much was happening.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Wed=[#54 +1 *1363]
Thu=[#54 +0 *1431]

NCoID™267

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:35 am 
Wow, that flashback link. Who would have thought that Slaughteresa would be the one to survive and be the most active in the story?

This is something that fascinates me in many stories. You have all the warriors gathered, ready to fight ... and then they are destroyed. And you have only one of them surviving, perhaps someone you didn't think of much before, and he has to carry on their whole legacy. Even if he isn't the one best suited to do it. Find new allies. Keep going, while he's thinking of the family he once belonged to. It's tragic. But makes for a good story.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:31 am 
Did pete just introduce a new character?

It's December 2016, pete, do you remember what we talked about at your last starting-a-new-plotline intervention?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:32 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Wow, that flashback link. Who would have thought that Slaughteresa would be the one to survive and be the most active in the story?

This is something that fascinates me in many stories. You have all the warriors gathered, ready to fight ... and then they are destroyed. And you have only one of them surviving, perhaps someone you didn't think of much before, and he has to carry on their whole legacy. Even if he isn't the one best suited to do it. Find new allies. Keep going, while he's thinking of the family he once belonged to. It's tragic. But makes for a good story.

That's the plot to most RPGs, lol.

Also: 'mom' in this context was Riff, as of a few weeks ago. So not a new character. Although someone introduced her moms 'real name' a while ago too. Someone else can ref!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:45 am 
Of course, if she's calling her ACTUAL mother for help, this would be ridiculously cool, given who she most likely is....

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 pm 
I believe she's calling her actual mom. But you're doing better than I am if you've figured out who it is. The only older-woman characters that are coming to mind are Zoë's and Riff's moms. Can't think of any middle-aged evil mastermind moms in the history. Unless......... oh that would be hilarious...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:12 pm 
yaysalt wrote:
Did pete just introduce a new character?

It's December 2016, pete, do you remember what we talked about at your last starting-a-new-plotline intervention?

Shhhh! If Pete wants to forget about any "end date" deadlines, don't argue!! ;-)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:10 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
I believe she's calling her actual mom. But you're doing better than I am if you've figured out who it is. The only older-woman characters that are coming to mind are Zoë's and Riff's moms. Can't think of any middle-aged evil mastermind moms in the history. Unless......... oh that would be hilarious...

Dr Lorna? No. lol.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:18 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

Dr Lorna? No. lol.

Yeah, especially since she's Riff's mom.

I was thinking of someone older.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:05 pm 
No, I was thinking Dr. Lorna. Didn't think it was likely but it WOULD have been hilarious! "No, Slaughteresa dear, you may not murder your brother Riffington. And if you make up with him, you may not jump his bones either!!!" LOL

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions