Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Huh. I wonder how long we're going to stay here.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:09 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
garyfritz wrote:
RamenChef wrote:
balthazar wrote:
I know it's probably only for a couple of strips, but I am so freaking happy to be back in timeless space.
This.
This again.
This, The 4th. :)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:46 am 
Not only does he arrive in Timeless Space, but is there immediately recognized by someone who seems more Together. Someone who has been there for a while and fit herself in... a natural minion... in strange garb, and its hard to see her face. But I have my suspeculations.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
Hey, he scored the big win, falling down in the timeless ocean. [ ... ] .

I don't think that's the normal result of falling into the Oceans Unmoving. For most people it's a quick route to the Long Gray. Bun-Bun was a special case.

Both the time Bun-bun was there, "Uncle" T. was busy delivering someone else... I think the question is more whether he'll grey-out *before* he hits the ocean.

But, then, it's also documented that the perception of a greyed-out someone is a jump over the events they were grey for. Really, timeless space seems to be the most effective prison for those who insist on trying to keep awake and get away from it. Which is sort-of an awesome invention, O Pete.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:10 pm 
Hmm. Two pages of comments, and not a single one noted the pair of glasses with one opaque lens........

...no spec here... ...move along...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:37 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
swmartian wrote:
Hmm. Two pages of comments, and not a single one noted the pair of glasses with one opaque lens........

I had the same though about the glasses ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:44 pm 
balthazar wrote:
I know it's probably only for a couple of strips, but I am so freaking happy to be back in timeless space.

Why? Why would you be happy to return to the longest, most incoherent, monotonous, exposition-heavy, exposition-heavy, exposition-heavy, side-story slog in the history of the Sluggyverse? WHYYYYY???

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:03 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
Hey, he scored the big win, falling down in the timeless ocean. Now he'll [Spec-G].

I don't think that's the normal result of falling into the Oceans Unmoving. For most people it's a quick route to the Long Gray. Bun-Bun was a special case.

RamenChef wrote:
balthazar wrote:

This.

This again.

No I'm pretty sure going in is the (only) way out. The fact is that nobody who goes in comes back again so nobody know's it's the way out.

I mean yeah Bunbun is a special case in a lot of ways, but there's know reason to believe there was anything special about that. We didn't know he was a god or anything until long after Oceans Unmoving.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:11 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
Sotanaht is right. Uncle Time explains that the answer to the riddle of Uncle Time is to fall into the oceans unmoving. Those who do are let out. (Of course, he never explained what the riddle was exactly.)

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:39 pm 
balthazar wrote:

So much this.

/relurk

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
ZylonBane wrote:
balthazar wrote:

Why? Why would you be happy to return to the longest, most incoherent, monotonous, exposition-heavy, exposition-heavy, exposition-heavy, side-story slog in the history of the Sluggyverse? WHYYYYY???

Oceans Unmoving was the best side story ever. It probably works better reading it in a straight shot instead of going day by day (I wouldn't know, I'd just picked up Sluggy as the second arc was coming to a close and didn't have to wait each day for a new strip to come out) but as it stands it's my favorite of all the side stories and I'd love a return to it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:20 pm 
ZylonBane wrote:
balthazar wrote:

Because it was AWESOME!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:33 pm 
But weren't Tyler's glasses round on Monday (and previously)? Here they were more squareish.

(hooray for ocean's unmoving 3!)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:16 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
swmartian wrote:

I had the same though about the glasses ;-)

Apparently I don't get the reference.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:42 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
Sotanaht is right. Uncle Time explains that the answer to the riddle of Uncle Time is to fall into the oceans unmoving. Those who do are let out. (Of course, he never explained what the riddle was exactly.)

Bun-Bun was in the ocean (twice), and Uncle Time said he solved the riddle, but that doesn't mean falling in is the solution. Uncle Time may have meant that Bun-Bun II (in the Obsidian Teknokon) had gotten there with his earlier self, and so must have figured out the twin paradox and thus the whole timey-wimey bit...?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions