Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:34 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday is not taking any chances with what malady has befallen the previous days. It has enabled its edit-lock shield!

Nothing can change what I say now. I could tell you about how I helped tomorrow get rid of the bodies of thsoe annoying Weekend twins. Everybody just thinks they moved to another forum. Ha!

Anyway fun's over. I need to erase that and come up with something really condescending to say to these brain-dead fools that inhabit this pathetic forum. Let's see here...just need to... What? Oh crap! I can't...ed...it...any...thing...either...

Er... I'm just joking! I love this forum and everybody that frequents here! Also the twins are perfectly fine! Fine. I mean they're probably enjoying themselves being a barbecue- I mean, being at a barbecue...yes...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Wed=[#59 -0 *1000]
Thu=[#59 -0 *1030]

NCoIDâ„¢246

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 am 
Har! Edris Ilba. Obviously plays on Idris Elba, but also Ilba = I'll be a?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:07 am 
Called it! But only after reading Monday's reaction thread once again, where someone mentioned Minion Master's helmet. Yes, I did think dr. Newguy's bike helmet looked inspired by MM. Who we now know he has seen.

This is an amazing twist. It has been YEARS since we first saw Dr. Newguy, and I absolutely love it that the twist was so long in the making.

And now, without speccing, I will simply ask, why does he show up as Dr. Newguy to witness the sending back in time? The last we saw of that scene he was standing close to Dr. Boterlou as he was preparing to also send Agent Drake back.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:19 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
And now, without speccing, I will simply ask, why does he show up as Dr. Newguy to witness the sending back in time? The last we saw of that scene he was standing close to Dr. Boterlou as he was preparing to also send Agent Drake back.

The only spec is whether or not this will lead to sexy times for the two afterwards.

I'm gonna go with a big ol' Austin Powers YEAH BABY.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 am 
Spirantz wrote:
The only spec is whether or not this will lead to sexy times for the two afterwards.

I'm gonna go with a big ol' Austin Powers YEAH BABY.

Tyler's endgame revealed. It only took him seventeen years or so.

I'm guessing Tyler didn't go to college, and joined Hereti-Corp almost right after high school. He seemed that young. Then he spent "several years" in the insane asylum, which should be a minimum of three. He got out of there in 2002, fourteen years ago. He should be in his late thirties. Not too late to pursue Drake, who I'm guessing is in her twenties. And he's rich now. She could do worse.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:25 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
I'm guessing Tyler didn't go to college, and joined Hereti-Corp almost right after high school. He seemed that young. Then he spent "several years" in the insane asylum, which should be a minimum of three. He got out of there in 2002, fourteen years ago. He should be in his late thirties. Not too late to pursue Drake, who I'm guessing is in her twenties. And he's rich now. She could do worse.

When we saw him in November, 1997, he was in a jail cell. Not prison, but more like overnight lockup. That suggests that he was freshly taken off the streets by the cops. It's likely that he was dropped off by Uncle Time not long before that.

That means that post-oppaz'd Tyler of today is most likely 19 years older than Tyler right before he was oppaz'd.

We first meet Tyler in March, 2009 (I think?). If we assume you're right about him joining Hereti-Corp out of high school (and shortly before that 2009 comic), then he would have been around 25 during the time test.

That means that Edris Ilba Newguy today is very likely in his mid-fourties.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:44 am 
I always assumed Drake was a bit older than Tyler. More mature, and worked at HC before him.
That'd shave off a few years difference anyway. Regardless:

Besides: on a scale of fearfully creepy to AWWWWWW, how romantic is it to say he spent the past 15+ years dedicated to improving his life enough to save hers?

Ans: Depends on whether she likes him back. Lol.

Also: daiyu and shankraft have what, 40 years difference between them? Lol.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:57 am 
Newguy/Tyler's inconspicuous face looks just like Frog's.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:07 am 
The Newguy who waited.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:30 pm 
Well, dang, Pete. You did it again.
RamenChef wrote:

YES. I was just thinking the same thing.
Pink Freud wrote:
The Newguy who waited.

DOUBLE YES!!!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:56 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Called it! But only after reading Monday's reaction thread once again, where someone mentioned Minion Master's helmet. Yes, I did think dr. Newguy's bike helmet looked inspired by MM. Who we now know he has seen.

Bah, taking credit for calling it, when I did back over the the SRC on Monday as well. Heh, well done.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:46 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
RamenChef wrote:

YES. I was just thinking the same thing.

FROG MUST BE TYLER FROM THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111one

Damn Pete. Time travel makes just about anything possible, huh?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:35 pm 
Okay, that was awesome.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions