Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 am 
I'm confused.
It's not Friday?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 am 
So he lost Hereti-Corp to… himself?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Last edited by RamenChef on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
WHAT THE HELL!?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 am 
Oh my god. OH MY GOD :oasis:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:06 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Spirantz wrote:
I'm confused.
It's not Friday?

If it had been Friday I would probably have spent the entire Easter holiday archive diving, trying to figure out how this revelation fits together with previous events. I'm not sure whether I'm annoyed that I don't have time for that now, or glad that I spent the holiday better (mostly hunting computer parts).

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:32 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
I'm confused.
It's not Friday?

If it had been Friday I would probably have spent the entire Easter holiday archive diving, trying to figure out how this revelation fits together with previous events. I'm not sure whether I'm annoyed that I don't have time for that now, or glad that I spent the holiday better (mostly hunting computer parts).

I think Pete is probably dying a little bit on the inside having so many DUN DUN DUN moments and not enough Fridays to fit them all lately.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:40 pm 
Had some time to think. Hopefully tomorrow Schlock asks the VERY obvious question this reveal raises. (more in spec)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:12 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Had some time to think. Hopefully tomorrow Schlock asks the VERY obvious question this reveal raises. (more in spec)

Not spec, but a question: Does Daedalus know? Spec away in spec forum!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:33 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

Not spec, but a question: Does Daedalus know? Spec away in spec forum!

Good question.

Also... HOLY @#%*&#%!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 pm 
Did Pete really have to pick that Dr. Steve face? Why couldn't he have used the face from 3 panels prior in the reflink'd comic?

Pete, please check your timeline before any more dramatic reveals.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:39 pm 
Alecat wrote:
... But I find it funny to imagine him saying the "thanks" in a dramatic way, so I guess it works!

That's pretty much how I imagine it. :)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:51 pm 
This was kind of telegraphed a long time ago in Gwynn's dream, so it's not exactly surprising. The rebirth aspect though is a little weird considering some other known facts. I wonder if "rebirth" implies what I would normally think it does....

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 pm 
Maybe it was just me, but this reveal felt a little lackluster. Most of Pete's reveals are rather "whoa! I didn't see that coming, but it does make sense given all of these signs. Still...WHOA!" Like a big one that comes to mind for me was way back when we learned that Riff consulted with hC. I feel like the signs for this one aren't there for this reveal so it seems somewhat sloppy for me.

I guess the big one for me is the artwork. Daedalus' face in the shadow is usually rather on the thin side and Steve's is pretty full. Aside from that I feel the backstory for Dade/Steve strongly establishes two individuals. In the history of hC it's said that Dade subjected hC to a hostile takeover (1995) and absconded with the Oasis Project (which Torg encounters in 1999), suggesting these are 2 separate people present over a 4 year period. At best it could suggest that the idea of "Dade" was clearly present before Steve's death. This does also suggest that "rebirth" is not "reincarnation". Is an alias assumed? Is someone playing Dade for 4 years? Steve wasn't expecting to die when Torg visited so had that not occurred we can suspect that a "Dade" alias and "Steve" would still persist, but to what end? These aren't answered well. Further, in August 02, Chen was updating Dade on the location of the base. If Dade is the rebirth of Steve, then why would he need to locate it? I can surmise that like Oasis, he may not be able to remember everything and may be using resources to find it. If he is rebirthed, then wouldn't that have taken place near the base? Also unanswered.

What I can see is that this seems like a recent idea as it answers why this made Chen laugh in last weeks coming during the "what if" exercise (Dade just mentioned the explosion that "killed his father"). Seems like the rebirth idea is a more recent development since in 2011 Chen mentions to Dade that they had found "your fathers (sic) secret base". It leads to believe that at one point Chen had no clue as the to Dade=Steve at the start of his incarceration at hC, but learned it somewhere between then and this point. I just feel that more needed to be answered in order for me to be able to buy the plausibility of the Dade=Steve reveal. Pete, I know you're trying your best with closing the story in this final year, so I will see where and how this goes forward and hope it's just too early for my reactionand time is needed for more to be addressed. I'm rooting for you here

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 pm 
Sorry if the last message bleeds in spec. This is a reaction thread and my reaction is confusion and wanting questions answers. I can move my message if that's more appropriate.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 pm 
With this latest reveal, I'm waiting for us to find out that there's really only been one Corsica all this time.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions