Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:44 pm 
Oasis really needs to stop stabbing Riff's ex-girlfriends, y'know?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:23 pm 
NovemberMists wrote:
Saaasha *weeps* :( There was still so much I wanted to know. Was she ultimately just a weird girl who made bad decisions? At least she tried to make things right before. . . *cry* And poor Riff. :( I think Sasha might have been the first woman he really truly loved (except maybe Gwynn?).

Also that last panel, Oasis's face. It's the first time we've seen her show regret immediately after an override B-1 (I think?). Like she mentions regretting what happened to Monica but we don't see it until much later. http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20090506.

Like as much as I feel for RIff and Sasha, that last panel really makes me hurt for Oasis. :(

I agree on all counts.

Whatever the truth is regarding what is going on--this is how I feelfeel too.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:51 pm 
Oasis looks at the knife, thinks half-a-quart low... ;)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:14 pm 
NovemberMists wrote:
Was she ultimately just a weird girl who made bad decisions?

'bad decisions'???? Are you kidding me? She was a psychopath, which is a whole 'nuther level from 'bad decisions'. Even when she was pretending to make nice, she shot her hC chaperone without a twinge of regret. She is a monster - and a different kind of monster from either Sam or even Aylee. No, she doesn't get redemption in death...

NovemberMists wrote:
There was still so much I wanted to know.

Yes, that is one heck of a plot thread left flapping in the wind there. I don't think Pete is that careless, I also hope that he's not that cold (I mean, I suppose he could just leave her a mystery and torture us... :kzk: ). So I don't think that we're done here.....

NovemberMists wrote:
At least she tried to make things right before. . . *cry*

Did she?? She gave Riff nothing. Just (empty??) promises. If she was genuine, why not give him something useful right from the top?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 pm 
This strikes me as only the second time, after Dr Steve, that Oasis has killed someone she actually knew. And this is the first time she has killed an acquaintance since she gained some measure of self-awareness. She had met Sasha once before, even if they didn't get along. While Sasha obviously isn't Katie, Oasis might still be seeing her worst fears start to come to life.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 pm 
No. No no no no. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:05 am 
swmartian wrote:
Did she?? She gave Riff nothing. Just (empty??) promises. If she was genuine, why not give him something useful right from the top?

The info she did give (and her offer of help) might have been all she had. She wasn't exactly in the inner circle after all.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:28 pm 
slightlylooney wrote:
She had met Sasha once before, even if they didn't get along.

They met (if very briefly) at least one other time... (panel 8)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:46 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Sotanaht wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
If you believed Sasha or not, it's a moot point now.

Also it's all Torg's fault why this happened. You don't bring a self arming nuke to a meeting without some fail-safe abort codes in place.

Far from moot. What Sasha may have already accomplished, both exposing Oasis and making contact, may still come back to haunt them.

I notice Sasha's hand going directly for Oasis' back in this strip, and I remember talk about a "transponder".

I think some of you are trying too hard to hate Sasha, regardless of whether or not it's justified. Oasis ducked under her arm to stab. That wasn't Sasha trying to plant something, that was Sasha trying to not die and/or just succumbing to gravity.

I think some people are trying too hard to like her. Imagine an ex-girlfriend who cheated on you. No matter what she says or does, you should never under any circumstances take her back. Sasha's betrayal goes deeper than that. Even if she was totally 100% repentant, the smart thing to do would have been to order Gwynn to shoot her with that gun. That's completely ignoring the whole fact that she could still be an enemy spy using doing anything necessary to get back in under a new cover, simply on the betrayal (and attempted murder) alone, she deserves death.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:45 am 
Sung to the tune of "Seasons in the Sun"

Goodbye to you our "weird girl" friend,
We've known you mostly from Chapter 59 to the end,

Now we can see your weak in the knees,
From the blood you're leaking,
Oasis has made you deceased,

Goodbye Sasha, it's time to die,
For Pete has determined it is nigh
And so the chapter it will end,
With the death of Riff's old girlfriend

We thought she would die by bun-bun,
but Sasha showed hereti-corp treason,
Where did her loyalties really lie,
Is a question for Sluggites.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:45 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Sotanaht wrote:
I think some people are trying too hard to like her. Imagine an ex-girlfriend who cheated on you. No matter what she says or does, you should never under any circumstances take her back. Sasha's betrayal goes deeper than that. Even if she was totally 100% repentant, the smart thing to do would have been to order Gwynn to shoot her with that gun. That's completely ignoring the whole fact that she could still be an enemy spy using doing anything necessary to get back in under a new cover, simply on the betrayal (and attempted murder) alone, she deserves death.
I'm not trying too hard to like her. I liked her just the way she was. I was just hoping she was going to worm her way back in with the gang so she could stab them in the back again later on. But as I said before, it's a moot point now that she's dead...assumingly.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
I think some of you are trying too hard to hate Sasha, regardless of whether or not it's justified. Oasis ducked under her arm to stab. That wasn't Sasha trying to plant something, that was Sasha trying to not die and/or just succumbing to gravity.

But I'm not the one ascribing an act of obvious self-defense to her possible efforts to "get back in under a new cover". My point is that even while she is being murdered, some of you seem to still want to find even MORE reasons to hate her. It has nothing to do with how I feel about her as a character or not.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions