Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 pm 
It looks like the pieces are falling into place for both sides. Now it'll be a matter of who anticipated what in their preparations.

Of course, there's that old saw that "no plan survives contact with the enemy." We'll soon see who is more adept at adapting to a rapidly changing situation.

I also look forward to seeing if some of my spec will turn out to be accurate. I probably will be proven wrong but then, I should have gone to Specsavers. :pun:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:25 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Damn shame Aylee is no longer a random EMP generator....

Yeah, confirms what we all (most of us) already knew - but damn depressing anyway. Still leaves a lot of questions unanswered - I hope we get answers eventually.....

Spirantz wrote:
Cow_k wrote:
Damn! Thanks, Pete for not leaving us hanging too long with that. Sasha a traitor to the end (probably).

Is anybody REALLY surprised?

Half the readers screamed TRACKER when she kissed Riff. Evidently, she also got Oasis now too. I didn't consider that last one.

You must have missed it - Bunny Suction called it in the spec forum.

It does bug me that Riff didn't consider that Schlock was listening in. Although he was trying to test Sasha, he did let on that they were attacking tomorrow - and now Schlock knows that, trackers or not... :-P

He did consider it. He was expecting that if Schlock was listening in, he would immediately order Sasha to kill him. To his credit, this wasn't an unreasonable prediction given Schlock's pattern of behavior. Unfortunately for him, Schlock didn't feel the need because he knew he was winning and Oasis was more important at the moment.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:41 pm 
Yeah, I don't read too much of the spec forum lately. I mostly want to be surprised. I think I mostly just go to spec to write bad spec puns and jokes now without reading much of the other stuff.

Unless I have a lot of time to kill.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:16 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Nice to see that in the end Sasha was "good" the entire time.

"Good" is defined as being so loyal to Hereti Corp that she would die and still complete the mission. To bad that only Schlock and Kusari know that. Well once HC has wiped out the gang and taken over the world, hopefully they will let the minions know.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:23 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
So much to handle. And now we get to see Kusari clean house a second time (like the first time wasn't super intense)!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:54 am 
shmuck wrote:
Why Sasha? Say it ain't so.

No, seriously: Why Sasha? This always gets me with the super-loyal henchmen - what's the point? Why is she so loyal? It's not like Heriti Corp hews to any ideology that she cared about, and no amount of money should have been able to make her run toward Oasis. Pete seems to be aware of this conundrum though, everything with Strom was handled very well, so I'm sure that this will resolve satisfactorily.

I agree with this. What could make her believe in Schlock's cause SO much that she would willingly do this, knowing she would die?

Unless some people have been right about another Sasha theory this whole time as well. Otherwise this just doesn't make sense.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:59 am 
Zillatain wrote:
...Well once HC has wiped out the gang and taken over the world, hopefully they will let the minions know.

Considering how the DoR turn out...I doubt it
As for what could make Sasha so loyal to HC that she'd give her life to protect it? No idea. At the moment the only information we have on her past is a complete load of crap

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 am 
Why on earth would Sasha be so loyal to HC????

Plsu interesting song choice there.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 am 
swmartian wrote:
Damn shame Aylee is no longer a random EMP generator....

Yeah, confirms what we all (most of us) already knew - but damn depressing anyway. Still leaves a lot of questions unanswered - I hope we get answers eventually.....

Spirantz wrote:
Cow_k wrote:
Damn! Thanks, Pete for not leaving us hanging too long with that. Sasha a traitor to the end (probably).

Is anybody REALLY surprised?

Half the readers screamed TRACKER when she kissed Riff. Evidently, she also got Oasis now too. I didn't consider that last one.

You must have missed it - Bunny Suction called it in the spec forum.

It does bug me that Riff didn't consider that Schlock was listening in. Although he was trying to test Sasha, he did let on that they were attacking tomorrow - and now Schlock knows that, trackers or not... :-P

That and Riff seems hell bent on taking down Schlock. Not HC. Cut off the head, another one will rise. Riff *really* doesn't have his head in the game. Relinquish command to Torg already! He's already comtrolling most things behind you anyway :/

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 pm 
SASHA. (roars into the sky) I knew she couldn't be trusted. WHY did I cry for you!? At least you can say her loyalty knows no bounds. To Hereti Corp that is. I like Kusari's ringtone.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:49 pm 
I think it's kind of interesting that Schlock is tracking Riff with nanites -- just like Riff tracked him.
(Panel 8, row 3: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20081205)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:11 am 
Spirantz wrote:
That and Riff seems hell bent on taking down Schlock. Not HC. Cut off the head, another one will rise. Riff *really* doesn't have his head in the game. Relinquish command to Torg already! He's already comtrolling most things behind you anyway :/

Schlock's directly responsible for nearly destroying the planet in the DoR, that's what Riff is trying to stop. hC is incidental.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:26 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

Schlock's directly responsible for nearly destroying the planet in the DoR, that's what Riff is trying to stop. hC is incidental.

It's pretty hard to imagine any head of hC who wouldn't be a risk for that if they take over with Schlock's resources. Certainly couldn't trust Chen or Daedalus not to destroy the planet. I wouldn't even trust Roberts. Although, it would be kind of hilarious if he ended up with the company when all was said and done. Probably Schlock's going to have him killed now though. I can't imagine he'd consider Roberts much of a threat, but I can even less imagine that he'd consider him someone he values.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:18 pm 
So now I have ELO's Greatest Hits playing in my head. Thanks, Pete!

"We have evidence of Gwynn, Riff, and Oasis being present on scene." No mention of Torg, though... interesting. Possibly spec-worthy, but that's for another place.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thom Solo wrote:
"We have evidence of Gwynn, Riff, and Oasis being present on scene." No mention of Torg, though... interesting.
Sasha never directly saw/touched Torg.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions