Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:07 am 
swmartian wrote:
And for those "later" negotiations with Bun-Bun, Zoƫ should have Sam do the negotiating. Sometimes stupid is fregging brilliant. :sam: LOL

Thanks for the memory. That was hysterical. :)
:sam: :bunbun:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:09 am 
When I first read this I thought it made sense when Zoe blamed Bun Bun for not beating Poopy Pants, but then it hit me an hour later, what did Zoe expect, that Bun Bun could kill the elder god who destroys all of creation over and over, who can't be hurt in a fight, can change size at will...
What did she expect. Does she even believe that Bun Bun is a god?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:03 pm 
JoshS wrote:
When I first read this I thought it made sense when Zoe blamed Bun Bun for not beating Poopy Pants, but then it hit me an hour later, what did Zoe expect, that Bun Bun could kill the elder god who destroys all of creation over and over, who can't be hurt in a fight, can change size at will...

I really don't believe that she expects that Bun-Bun should have or could have killed Poopy, but she did notice that he abandoned the fight. They're all in there doing the best that they can, as was Bun-Bun, and then he just left. For popcorn? That was all her comment meant. That Gwynn is beating the demons with no (further) help from Bun-Bun.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 pm 
The last time that Gwynn was as badass as these last few strips was when she dropped a filing cabinet on Zohoas, whatever she was called back then!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:19 pm 
swmartian wrote:
JoshS wrote:

I really don't believe that she expects that Bun-Bun should have or could have killed Poopy, but she did notice that he abandoned the fight. They're all in there doing the best that they can, as was Bun-Bun, and then he just left. For popcorn? That was all her comment meant. That Gwynn is beating the demons with no (further) help from Bun-Bun.

I get why Zoe thinks that but BunBun abandoned the fight after Gwynn was already purposefully antagonizing PP. BunBun is a little quicker on the uptake than the rest of the gang. He probably figured, correctly, that Gwynn had a way of dealing with PP and there's not really much more BunBun could have done to "help." His job was done. Also, contrasting BunBun abandoning the fight to the rest of them seems a bit disingenuous. Torg and Zoe ran off before BunBun did.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:34 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I get why Zoe thinks that but BunBun abandoned the fight after Gwynn was already purposefully antagonizing PP. BunBun is a little quicker on the uptake than the rest of the gang. He probably figured, correctly, that Gwynn had a way of dealing with PP and there's not really much more BunBun could have done to "help." His job was done. Also, contrasting BunBun abandoning the fight to the rest of them seems a bit disingenuous. Torg and Zoe ran off before BunBun did.

Well, it wasn't that Torg and Zoe ran off and abandoned the group. Zoe knew that she was a prime target due to being the Stormbreaker, and as soon there was a moment of distraction (Lord Poopy beating more than the Pants off of Lady Tomb), Torg was able to get to Zoe and they both took off. Zoe actually said that the Bug wanted her most and would chase her, so they would run to buy everyone else more time. They were hoping to bait the End Demon away.

I agree, though, that I think BunBun got out of the way to let Gwynn do her thing. Who knows, maybe he overheard the conversation between Gwynn and Basphomy back at Claggers Inn, since he was outside waiting for her instead of helping the rest of the team in the room (AFTER he helped himself to the unguarded cash register). I do agree that he could be a LOT more helpful and support the team in their fights, considering how much of a big hitter he is. But he has always done things his way. And he has a weird relationship with his "nerder".

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:50 pm 
JoshS wrote:
The last time that Gwynn was as badass as these last few strips was when she dropped a filing cabinet on Zohoas, whatever she was called back then!

That would be Jane. And that moment DID kick ass.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2007-12-20

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:17 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
kromiller wrote:
JoshS wrote:

That would be Jane. And that moment DID kick ass.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2007-12-20

An other moment where it seems Gwynn used her own magic without the need of the book (assuming the Roomies arc was exhaustive in all the instanceq the King or the Bug allowed the gang to use the magic of the book).

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions