Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:50 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is still waiting for that shoe drop...

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote every day until the world ends.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:04 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Oh nice, I was trying to remember how Torg hurt his eye. XD (No wonder I forgot, it was literally over a year ago)

Oooh there IS a book spirit separate for Farahn. I don't think anyone saw this coming.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:05 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Wednesday is still waiting for that shoe drop.

Just another level of crazy and/or magical threats. Nothing new to see here. He’s chained up, anyway. Move along.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:38 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Well, that's a turn for the unexpected...

Is this an other actual entity, or has the king simply lost his mind?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:07 am 
Oh, magical dissociation was not the twist I was expecting.

Did Pete just go Lynchian?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:13 am 
Welp, the king's lost it. And by "it," I mean whatever tenuous grip on reality he ever had in the first place.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:33 am 
Who is the dreamer?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:40 am 
Does the middle panel of Farahan's three look like ... he partially became his book self??

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:55 am 
Farakahn's torment isn't over, I see. I had to go back and check. Kizke does lift him up, so he isn't an illusion. But I guess the human form he took is an illusion.

And looking at the flashbacks, wow, it's been a year since they said the ritual was tomorrow! But so many strips in one day isn't unusual in online comics. Or in regular comics either, for that matter.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:29 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
Oh nice, I was trying to remember how Torg hurt his eye. XD (No wonder I forgot, it was literally over a year ago)

Oooh there IS a book spirit separate for Farahn. I don't think anyone saw this coming.

For a long time I kept thinking the book itself had a will of its own. But I wasn't sure if it was just Quint's death magic or Gwynn's reflex or Farahn protecting her. Honestly I'm still not sure but something has always been there. It has been bugging me for a long time (pun not intended).

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:45 am 
Wow. A few things to process today.

Riff said he needs a moment...he finally has time to think about the loss of his dad. I am sure that will be hitting hard. Ouch.

And Farahn...he has been stuck in the book for 7 thousand years. And all that time, he didn't realize how different his world had become. And he isn't even in the area where Mohkadun was. A lot of his mind became mush while in the book, so he doesn't remember a lot of things, and clearly that is still a factor, and upsetting him. He is in Vermont, which is very woodsy and COMPLETELY different than the desert setting of his homeland. I am not sure what the "book Farahn" is exactly, but it seems that he is left with some remnants of the book. This will be interesting to see more of.

As for the Trevors attacking Torg....*sigh* Why don't they understand that he is in love with Zoe and saved her? I know... normal Team Sluggy hilarity. But...I kind of wish they would lay off already.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:22 am 
Biscuit wrote:
Does the middle panel of Farahan's three look like ... he partially became his book self??

Yes. I came here to say the same thing.
kromiller wrote:
Wow. A few things to process today.

To say the least! I'm not sure where this is headed, but I should probably skip off to the spec thread before saying anything else.

And yeah... I'm kind of tired of the whole "Trevors hate Torg" thing -- unless it turns out to be a hidden plot point, I suppose.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:13 pm 
kromiller wrote:
As for the Trevors attacking Torg....*sigh* Why don't they understand that he is in love with Zoe and saved her? I know... normal Team Sluggy hilarity. But...I kind of wish they would lay off already.

The Trevors turned on Torg basically right after Aylee joined the group. What if they got possessed like Aylee was?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:56 pm 
Djublonskopf wrote:
kromiller wrote:

The Trevors turned on Torg basically right after Aylee joined the group. What if they got possessed like Aylee was?

Naw, the Trevors were always protective of Zoë and either jealous of Torg or assuming that if he's close to her, he's a danger to her. These particular two got trapped in the prime dimension swooping in to protect Zoë from Torg's kiss.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:47 pm 
Oof, lots for Farahn to process with limited processing power...

CheeseWhisper wrote:
And yeah... I'm kind of tired of the whole "Trevors hate Torg" thing -- unless it turns out to be a hidden plot point, I suppose.

With something so visually significant as that eye damage is, I think think it must be... But so far my specific spec has been wrong.

Book Farahn has been the one in charge for millenia, so it'll take some significant action... Or someone significant... to keep real Farahn in the world.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions