Goatlord42 wrote:Oasis' bipolar switch from freethinking/independent and "Giddy Lovestruck Schoolgirl" seems to be the central conflicting drives of her character, and nature as a.... well, whatever she is. I've also noticed something of an alternating pattern between "incarnations."
1) "Naked Chick" Oasis- assuming she hadn't died previously to meeting Torg- is the "original". Fully under Dr. Steve's control at the time and before his last commands to her, trying to read onto later patterns may be tricky. But we do see the "calm/seemingly self- controlled" and "completely under Dr. Steve's control" pattern playing out at different points (like when they tried to "escape" together). But Dr. Steve claimed he was completely controlling her the whole time, so its hard to tell what was free thought and what was just a ruse to confuse Torg.
2) "Giddy Oasis" came for Torg on his date with Zoe after "dying" in Dr Steve's lab, and stayed giddy/insane right to the end.
3) "Depressed Oasis" came for Torg after that death during his "date" with Sasha, but seemed alot more self-reflective and in control of her self- though still heavily in deniel/threatening anytime someone questioned the inconsistencies in her story.
4)"Alive again at the Hospital Front Desk Oasis" was giddy and silly again- then shifted towards dark and insane to go after Zoe in Fire and Rain. The same insanity continued through giddy again after their "engagement," and she remained insane but pliable during Dangerous Days when they sprung her to fight Cloney.
5) Oasis who came back after Dangerous Days was more stable again, intentionally avoiding Torg to try and "discover herself," which led to the Zalias and her Sensei. At this point things get complicated, as she starts to actually gain some self-awareness and control. Patterns likely get harder to read after this point.
The next 2 incarnations are a little hard to sort out.
6) "Back from the grave to try and kill Straw-man Oasis" was the first time we saw clear memories of a death from her point of view (hovering near her body to see what happened next). Something about this incarnation seemed "off" to me though, in her first few moments of fighting him she was very much in "giddy teenager" mode. Likewise in her discussion of her true nature with her Sensei after the battle... she seemed more prone to silliness and denial. But she made some hard choices to leave her family for their own safety. This Incarnation seemed to continue large aspects of #4, working at her self-control in the cave, and even while she allowed her Override to tempt her to kill Hereticorp, she seemed pretty under control- UNTIL Schlock foolishly took out her anchor and sent her back to "default in love with Torg mode."
7) We've never met Oasis 7, only know she quickly moved to protect the Zalia's and vanish. She may be back to a "controlled" mode, perhaps finding a new anchor after Sensei's death in her "family." Perhaps this will make her less easy to manipulate in the future. We just don't know- though she doesn't seem to have made efforts to look for Torg yet. How much she remembers of Zoe's conversation about her and Torg's love for each other, and the fact she should have killed them should get REAL interesting next time we see them meeting.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests