Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:54 pm 
My thoughts on Chapter 15, part 2: (Another stream of consciousness slightly edited for readability. Hope nobody minds)

Ah, Torg has returned driving the corvette. Gwynn appears to be trying the old jealousy ploy. Of course, it helps if she can see the person she wants to talk to.
Bun-bun and carjacking sound like they would go together.
Nice. Riff has a jealous moment and kicks Torg out of Torg's apartment.
I didn't know that Torg and Riff had some rules about dating. Did we ever meet Theresa and Marta? Ah, fictional female computer game characters, what would we do without you?
Gwynn does dress up nicely, doesn't she.

Riff seems grumpy. Wait, didn't Dr Steve also want Torg's head? I wonder if Riff would mind that it was still attached. Of course Bun-bun would list Zoe under "Hot Entrees". And Riff under "Turkey Specials". I remember being told that in French, an entree is actually an appetizer so what would Bun-bun want as his main course?

Gwynn really is going all out for the jealousy ploy route.
Sparky has a nosebleed? There is a meaning to nosebleeds in East Asia that I shan't mention here.
Oh wait, the police just showed up. But how? Who would report that the corvette is missing or stolen? Everyone in Dr. Steve's base should be dead, right? Or did Dr. Steve or Oasis steal the corvette originally?
Running away seems to be Torg's theme.

Riff has quite the mood swing. First he is fuming at Torg, then he's playing with Torg on a Dreamcast. SEGA consoles forever!
It's true that Gwynn has her nasty moments.
Cloning wooly mammoths? First dinosaurs in Jurassic Park and now this? At least they picked a herbivorous animal this time. Or not?

And Halloween is upon us. Riff is going as "Drinky-Winky"? Oh, those Telethingies. Did anyone really like "The Phantom Menace"?
Zoe as a lucky black cat? Nice. Oh, and All Hail Lord Torgamous! Wait, Torg and Gwynn are dressing as themselves instead of wearing costumes?
Kiki as Riff and Bun-bun as Pikachu? Roberry is a typical Bun-bun act though. Crystal as a fortune teller looks good. Just don't play the song.
I'm not sure what to make of the political eggs. I've heard of Al Gore but who is Ed Meese?

Austin Powers. Nuff said.
Gwynn seems worried about trying a seance, even a fake one. Is she worried that something is going to *smell* them?
Crystal didn't mention the "eternal torment" bit but I guess Torg is right in that the torment would be an hour and a half so what could go wrong?
Yeah, something seems to *smell* them. Now, we just need to wait for the *fingers*. Just as long as there is no *dancing*, we should all be *happy campers*.

And Val is back from the dead, but her eyes are different. What happened to her eyes?
What are "Gamama-Gozer-Waves"? I'm surprised Riff doesn't have a proton pack ready.
Val went to hell? I guess that is what happens to vampires. Never tempt fate.
Why must doors magically close and lock? Can't ghosts be more creative?

If the "Court of Hell" is the way I picture it, I can't see why anyone would want to go there for any reason whatsoever. I guess that if you must go, don't eat anything till you get back home.
Removing a soul from the body permanently is easy. I hope that Val's suggested ceremony is more along the lines of astral projection.
Wait, wait, wait. Something's wrong. Wouldn't Val remember the moment and nature of her death? And isn't using an axe on oneself a rather more permanent way to free the soul from the body?

Torg does have a strong sense of love, justice and self-sacrifice. Whacking himself in the face with an axe is a painful way to show it though.
Is Gwynn still trying the jealousy ploy or is she giving a serious warning here? Who or what does the ghost of Val hate?
Looks like the ceremony Val is suggesting is planned to more permanent than I thought. A nail-gun might work if the axe doesn't. Still seems unnecessarily painful though.

An IMPOSTER! But who is this Mr. Squeeky-Bobo fellow?
Ah the Dimension of Pain reprised. Or at least, the attempt to bring Torg back there. The place sounds more boring than I first imagined it to be.

The viewing pool really is an excellent intelligence gathering device. Torg is drunk after only 2 drinks?
Looks like Mr. Squeeky-Bobo has used the advertised guide to good effect.
How did Zoe resist possession though? I don't think that was expected.
A party with alcohol and sharp objects probably don't mix well. Fortunately, Mr. Squeeky-Bobo is a worse shot than Tweeg.
I guess that Bun-bun would prefer to get information from Riff than Kiki. Like Bun-bun, I remember Grahammy. Mr. Squeeky-Bobo, not so much. And dawn is upon us so bye "Haunted Lawn-Gnome".

Torg has a sugar high? Nice. Oh, and "Only Smarties have the Answer".
Ah, so it was Gwynn who expelled the ghost from Zoe. I guess that Zoe is right to be concerned about K'z'k given that Gwynn still has magic powers.
Great comedic timing guys. Just how fast is Kiki traveling though?

Great, Aylee still eats people. And is she just making flimsy excuses here? I don't even want to think about H.M.O.s.
Ah, an intervention. I guess Aylee going to "Cannibals Anonymous" sounds fair. Wow, that building really deals with a lot of food-related things.
Looks like Aylee is not the only non-human client there. If Percy ate his therapist, why did he take his therapist's advice to join the group?
Freaky-Fred has a point about the definition of cannibal. He is also more observant than most. Pity he seems to have driven Aylee and Percy away from the class.

I miss Mr. Snuffleupagus but I can see why Percy might be annoyed at being confused for him. I guess Torg is right about Percy being a bad influence though. Let's hope the prank he is suggesting isn't too bad.
Wow, people in the Sluggyverse are really unobservant. But that prank is horrific. And funny in the form of dark humour.
I see that Aylee has hit "rock-bottom" as they say.

Bun-bun is really protective of what he sees as his territory, or rather, his terrortory. He does remind me of Obelix in what he does.
Looks like Aylee is doing well in rehab. But Torg is still Torg. Will he ever learn? For our sakes, I hope not.
Being quiet has its advantages but isn't as funny. It seems that it also has left our heroes trapped and in danger of falling into deeper traps.
Why on Earth is Cannibals Anonymous meeting in the same building that a Cannibal Convention is being held in? Ooo, pot luck. And yet another time it would be better to be quiet.

Now there is the stereotypical portrayal of cooking people in a cauldron. Why must they be boiled? Can't they be steamed? Or poached?
Torg really has Aylee figured out doesn't he? And then, ouch! Never saw "The Road to Wellville" so I'll have to take Riff's opinion at face value.
And now, there are three in the cauldron. Wait, Percy? Why is he here?
Whoever this Herti-Corp thingie is, when they make mistakes, they really go the whole hog. Aww, a nice twisted moral lesson.
It might interest Fred to know that Alcoholics Anonymous was founded by a pair of alcoholics. A bit late too late for him to learn that I guess.

Then we transition to some filler. Nice answer to what happened to Kiki after the sugar wore off, only where did she wind up?
Kiki's attention span is really short, but it probably would be even shorter on sugar.
A Zoe summary? Nice. But we can't see Zoe in Oasis's outfit? Boo.
And now we turn to Gwynn. I didn't know that Hamlet had laser eye surgery. Maybe surgery would be better if Riff wasn't the surgeon though.
And Oasis is back, sort of.
Sam is still Sam I see.
Sluggy stick-figures aren't exactly my favourite but it could be worse.

Torg needs more work and more money and Bun-bun is being snide. So, nothing new then.
"Get Bent" is really a very vulgar thing to say but it fits Bun-bun nicely.
What DO you get by mixing sludge-coffee, an oily hairball and a cryogenic capsule? Aside from the introduction to a bad joke.
Ah, a crudosaur. What is a crudosaur?
I didn't know you could get cloned body parts on E-bay. Riff really likes his firepower, doesn't he.
I think A. J. has issues of his own.
A catapult is Riff's secret weapon? Not sure how that works but Riff really has a knack for getting things off E-bay.
That was a nice piece of misdirection but, knowing Riff, his solution generally involves a large bomb of some kind.
Then the rest of the solution uses a literal solution. Nice.

And A. J. is still stranded.

The chapter ends, and I'll get my coat.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:54 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Ah, Oasis. And Hereti-Corp.

Gotta love Star Control 2. From now on, I shall refer to spoilers as *Jumping in front.* *Jumping in front* makes me *frumple*

The Cannibals Anonymous story is amongst my least favorite in all of Sluggy. I'm glad it's behind us now.

edit: Honestly, I think the User Friendly side of the cross over is more amusing than our side. Torg is really bad at the job!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:48 pm 
AOL: Pug+Smasher
Dodger77 wrote:
Ah, Oasis. And Hereti-Corp.

Gotta love Star Control 2. From now on, I shall refer to spoilers as *Jumping in front.* *Jumping in front* makes me *frumple*

The Cannibals Anonymous story is amongst my least favorite in all of Sluggy. I'm glad it's behind us now.

edit: Honestly, I think the User Friendly side of the cross over is more amusing than our side. Torg is really bad at the job!

Our *fingers* are getting very *frumple*. Now it's time to *dance*! HNRNRRRRRRGH!!!

Anyways, I think we can all be glad the cannibals anonymous story is behind us -- I'm really surprised Riff didn't go nuts on Aylee through any of it. At any rate, whew Chapter 15 was a loooong one!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:25 pm 
The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl Presents: Sluggy Freelance's Sweet Sixteen!

edit: This chapter is very short. I really do miss the good old days of the Bun-Bun/Santa feud. Also, plenty of non-profits make profits. The Red Cross for one...

((For those who've missed the original discussion on the topic, a bunch of sluggites have decided to reread the entire comic, one chapter a week (or so) until we're all caught up. For some of us, this is a chance to keep track of the [SPOILERS] about [SPOILER], for others, another try at reading everything that's been written, despite wandering away from the comic years ago. Please join us!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from Kiki's Virus onwards is verboten!))

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:24 pm 
Chapter 17. It's got a 7. So, uh, whatever.

First Last

((For those who've missed the original discussion on the topic, a bunch of sluggites have decided to reread the entire comic, one chapter a week (or so) until we're all caught up. For some of us, this is a chance to keep track of the [SPOILERS] about [SPOILER], for others, another try at reading everything that's been written, despite wandering away from the comic years ago. Please join us!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from Love Potion onwards is verboten!))

edit: Links are up for those who care about such things.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:57 pm 
The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl Presents: Chapter Eighteen

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from Kitten onwards is verboten!))

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:33 pm 
On my first trip through the archive, I went day by day. And the Sluggy Freelance Where Are You? arc almost prevented me from finishing since I had no idea who these other characters were. (Sluggy Freelance is my first web comic.) Since then, I have read at least part of all of the comics featured except the one with Gavin.(?)

The Love Potion/2nd Oasis arcs are fabulous though. Oh Gwynn...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:55 pm 
I really like the "Love Potion" arc.

Riff is really afraid of getting married isn't he? Also, Riff loves to build war machines.
An observation that is a possible very minor spoiler (highlight to read): It seems that Oasis is one of the few female characters not immediately attracted to Riff.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:30 pm 
The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl presents: Chapter Nineteen

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from On The Run onwards is verboten!))

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:11 am 
Eh Kitten. I am not a fan of the slasher genre. I think Dr. Haught-Shiek's death is the one that gets me the most. She's the most sympathetic of the kitten fodder extras. And she nearly makes it, too. Oh and Sheriff Deer, I guess.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:14 pm 
Ack, I'm almost a week late! The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl Presents: Chapter Twenty!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from The Hunt onwards is verboten!))

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:29 pm 
Buehler?

The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl Presents: Chapter 21!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from The Bug, The Witch and The Robot onwards is verboten!))

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 pm 
The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl presents: Chapter 22!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from Spring in the Air onwards is verboten!))

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:21 am 
The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl presents: Chapter 23!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from Gofotron Champion of the Cosmos onwards is verboten!))

The Sluggite Cooperative Archive Trawl presents: Chapter 24!

Because lots of us have stopped reading at different points, please don't directly discuss spoilers in this thread. So that means, anything from Changes onwards is verboten!))

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:06 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
this is one of my favorite one-off gags: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/010402

The beginnings of Aylee acting evil....

I remember really not liking the Gofotron story at the time... still not my favorite, but much easier to read in bulk.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat