Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Who Would Win?
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:14 pm 
Hey, y'all. Figured I'd start an all purpose thread for that most hallowed of nerdy past times, discussing which fictional character could beat another fictional character in a fight.

To get things started, how about . . . Horribus vs. Cloney?

Post subject: Re: Who Would Win?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:30 am 
Star Trek wins! Transporters, replicators, shields, easily reproducible and available weapons that cause supernovas (trilithium torp from Generations which is apparently made from the Trek equivalent of toxic waste, a toxic waste that all Federation ships produce), and the tech to turn the Death Star into a nice comfortable mini planet. For a few weeks. Before it blows up.

Plus their holograms aren't flickering fuzzy blue things, but fully realistic and completely indistinguishable from actual objects, even flesh and blood people! How can a society which thinks a fuzzy blue thing is a good hologram and has an economy based on robots and in some cases even slave labor compete with a tech base that can make virtual reality actually real and materialize products on an industrial scale out of thin air? A godlike science that can condense a whole freaking nebula, for crying out loud, down into a planet which (for a while) had life on it and was actually quite pleasant? Which produces starship hulls that can take multiple unshielded point blank matter-antimatter detonations and still actually hold together? Which produces weapons on an industrial scale (photon torpedoes) which have been demonstrated to be able to survive and penetrate into the heart of a star before detonating?

Do you know what that last point means? A star is composed of material which is orders of magnitude more dense than a planet. It means a photon torpedo could penetrate entirely through a planet and barely even notice it was there.

Ahem. I mean Horribus. He's got magic backing up his attacks, making him not completely subject to the laws of physics. Cloney, not unless she changes form.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:07 am 
I dunno Orz. Horribus may have magic, but Cloney is smart and clever. In a straight up slugfest, I'd put Horribus at a slight advantage, but in a game of cat and mouse? Cloney all the way.

Also, I am convinced that even Earth as it now stands would be able to take on a planetary invasion by a Star Wars fleet. The Star Wars universe may be more technologicaly advanced, but we poor apes on our little mudball are far more technologicaly sophisticated, and possess a far better understanding of logistics, and warefare in general. Not to mention that we are also far more prepared for warfare and hardship, both physicaly and mentaly, due to 3 million years of darwinism and murder.(The only other humans who would come close are the Mandalorians, I suspect.) Our battlefield medical tech also appears to be far advanced of anything the SW universe possesses. Around these parts, even if you get a hole burned through you, you would probably survive, and have a greater chance of survival then if you were shot with a kinetic weapon, due to the wound being cauterized. We can also throw around devistating amounts of energy and focus it onto tiny areas. Like 40 megatons of kaboom onto a 2 meter diameter patch of hull kind of power and precision. Google Casaba Howitzer if you doubt me. I don't care what kind of hull you have, or how strong your shields are, that is going to leave a mark.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:56 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Honestly? I'd say Cloney. Horribus might be hard to grab 'cause he's such a good jumper and all, but he has to get in close to hurt Cloney and those massive crab claws would probably make quick work of his head. Though, Cloney would probably get burned a bit due to the immolation, but I think she'd heal it pretty quickly.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:58 pm 
Horribus would get my vote, simply on account of one fact: demon lords can only be killed by (1) being stabbed through the center of their soul with an enchanted weapon, or (2) hacking through his protective neck horns and chopping his head off.

While Cloney has been shown to be highly resistant to Aylee's fire breath, Horribus was able to incinerate MospIspandOsp to ashes and bones in a heartbeat with his magical flamey aura, so I'm assuming that would do some damage to Cloney. Plus he's strong enough to rip entire buildings off the ground and throw them. Up a hill. Given the opportunity, it's entirely possible that he could rip Cloney's limbs clean off.

In lieu of magical weapons, the only means Cloney has of killing Horribus is decapitation, and if Cloney's going to be close enough to attempt it, that gives Horribus something to grab and tear apart (or immolate with magical fire).

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Horribus and Mosp were about the same size though. I doubt his aura could engulf Cloney entirely. I still vote Cloney. Good point about the strength though.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:06 am 
It probably all depends on if Horribus can grab ahold of Cloney's "gummi worm neck".

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
aah, but then... wouldn't Cloney see Horribus' Neck-Protecting horns and develop similar defenses?

after all, they have the same critical hit point.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm 
gregnier - I thought cloney only adapted while in a chrysalis (cocoon) form, and the reason she was so durable was because her cocoon was constantly under hostile conditions (burning, freezing, toxins, etc). I don't think Aylee or cloney could adapt that quickly outside of a chrysalis phase.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat