Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:42 am 
He doesn't have to harvest souls. He just has to destroy them or destroy whatever magic allows her soul to migrate to a new body.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:40 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
He doesn't have to harvest souls. He just has to destroy them or destroy whatever magic allows her soul to migrate to a new body.

That was my thought as well.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I'll allow that it's still possible Torg will use Chaz on Oasis, but right now I have my doubts.

If he uses Chaz on Oasis, it will be as a last resort. I'm still confused as to why Chaz is all wrapped up. If you're about to engage the enemy, you don't want to be scrambling to 'open' one of your best defensive weapons...

At any rate, not that I ever thought it was his first line plan, but I realized that killing Oasis cannot be Torg's Plan F. When he told Bun-Bun about Plan F, Bun-Bun's reaction was "Oh I /gotta/ see *that!" But Bun-Bun would want his rematch with Oasis - I can't imagine that he'd let Nerd-Boy dispatch her for him. Remember, telling Bun-Bun about Plan F had to convince Bun-Bun (1) not to kill Torg right then, and (2) not to have his rematch then and there. I just don't see how Torg would think that killing Oasis in front of Schlock would do any good - even if he was convinced (as apparently "we" are not) that Chaz would dispatch her permanently.

Perhaps that 'something bad' is going to be telling Schlock about his son... ...and maybe tell Schlock how much good he did in the other dimension...

P.S. Where did Frog go - and why?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:17 pm 
I don't really get how this 'rebirth facility' fits in with what we've previously seen of Oasis resurrections.

According to Chen, she re-spawns somewhere in the fairly close vicinity of Dr Steve's base, but when she was killed by Strom the first time (Head shot with a high powered sniper rifle), she popped an eye open almost immediately to see him menacing the Zalias, then after her body was incinerated in the trunk of Strom's car, she reappeared very quickly and he ended up in hospital with a significant case of the stabby's. I'm not sure but I got the impression that at that point Oasis was in 'Podunkton', a long way from HC HQ.

From Torg said to Zoe about killing everyone at HC with 'a single sentence', I suspect his plan is related to his experiments with Oasis pyrokinesis back at the 'cliff'.

He's going to take his megaphone and say something along the lines of "I love Hereticorp and everyone in it more than anything" and hope Oasis goes full burn on the whole facility.

One major drawback in his plan is that he's unaware that Schlock actually WANTS Oasis dead and if she starts to cook the base, they're likely to open up on her immediately.

I'm also curious as to the role Torg has in mind for the Digbots in this plan, and why he wanted the 'Kiki wings'.

I'm also guessing that everybody's plans are going to be muddled by the sudden airborne appearance of Riff, BunBun and Aylee and whatever 'bold move' Chen has planned.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:21 pm 
I'm also betting that one potential outcome of an Oasis resurrection is that if Chen & Daedelus/Steve or anyone else gets hold of a working Dr Steve watch, her Torg affection and Override B-1 will get cancelled.

Edit: I suspect that unless specifically instructed otherwise her affection for Torg may well remain, even if the overriding obsession with him gets cancelled by command

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:04 am 
erewhon wrote:
I don't really get how this 'rebirth facility' fits in with what we've previously seen of Oasis resurrections.

According to Chen, she re-spawns somewhere in the fairly close vicinity of Dr Steve's base, but when she was killed by Strom the first time (Head shot with a high powered sniper rifle), she popped an eye open almost immediately to see him menacing the Zalias, then after her body was incinerated in the trunk of Strom's car, she reappeared very quickly and he ended up in hospital with a significant case of the stabby's. I'm not sure but I got the impression that at that point Oasis was in 'Podunkton', a long way from HC HQ.
Given what we "know" about the rebirthing, Podunkton might be far from HC HQ but it has to be right on top or very close to the rebirth facility.

Quote:
From Torg said to Zoe about killing everyone at HC with 'a single sentence', I suspect his plan is related to his experiments with Oasis pyrokinesis back at the 'cliff'.

Note that in that conversation, Zoe did most of the talking. It's important, I think, that Torg didn't actually say she was right. The plan involves Oasis, but I'm not sure Zoe was right about WHY it involves Oasis.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 am 
Kesandru wrote:
erewhon wrote:

Given what we "know" about the rebirthing, Podunkton might be far from HC HQ but it has to be right on top or very close to the rebirth facility.

Well Chen seems to think the rebirth facility is within 5 miles of HC Base so I still don't see how it works that she was able to get to Podunkton so fast.

"I was able to determine..."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:30 am 
Dr. Steve's base camp, not HC headquarters. Well, it might effectively be HC headquarters now, but it certainly wasn't at the time Oasis lived in Podunkton. They still didn't know where it was at that time.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Note that in that conversation, Zoe did most of the talking. It's important, I think, that Torg didn't actually say she was right. The plan involves Oasis, but I'm not sure Zoe was right about WHY it involves Oasis.

I'm thinking Zoe was right, but the fire wasn't the entire plan. Brian Rammer was mentioned a few posts up. What if "F" is for "Family?" and Torg is about to tell Schlock he had his own son murdered?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:41 pm 
He pretty much said he wasn't. The info he was looking for didn't pan out and he didn't seem sure there was any real point to it anyway.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:53 pm 
I think I missed something.

If the goal is just the rebirth facility, couldn't they have killed/tracked Steve/Deadleus? Or is his rebirth not tied to the facility of something?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:24 pm 
MasterPokey wrote:
I think I missed something.

If the goal is just the rebirth facility, couldn't they have killed/tracked Steve/Deadleus? Or is his rebirth not tied to the facility of something?

Darn you and your logic.....

Maybe there's a difference between a one time deal, and Oasis' revolving door policy

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:49 pm 
Since stranger things have happened before...

Could Chaz be wrapped up and positioned inside the 'ferret-wings' device?

Then, power him up with Oasis' blood, and send him in to HC headquarters?

In fact, Plan F could be Ferret wings.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:56 pm 
Follow up to my post...

Overall possible plan:

Oasis knows she regenerates, so she has agreed to let Torg kill her (besides her overall craziness, this could account for why she is not all stabby right now.)

Torg, on the other hand, knows it is a very bad thing, even if she doesn't stay dead.

(Torg and Oasis also don't know about Chen giving away the lab's proximity, but that might not matter if Chen trades sides before Oasis dies...)

So, Oasis's blood powers up Chaz, who is sent on Ferret Wings to kill al he can in HC HQ.

(If Chen doesn't turnover, or if Kusari prevents it, then the next life could be Oasis' last, if things fall apart for either side...)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:17 am 
Yeah, still going with Chaz not being able to kill Oasis permanently.

erewhon wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
erewhon wrote:

Well Chen seems to think the rebirth facility is within 5 miles of HC Base so I still don't see how it works that she was able to get to Podunkton so fast.

"I was able to determine..."

It's simple: Podunkton is right on top of the Rebirth Facility. There's nowhere in the story that says Podunkton is far away from Steve's secret base, it could easily be within a five mile radius. Watch, after Oasis dies, the scanner will direct Kusari straight toward Podunkton. They might even run over some old candelabras on their way to the entrance

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:55 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

That was my thought as well.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I'll allow that it's still possible Torg will use Chaz on Oasis, but right now I have my doubts.

If he uses Chaz on Oasis, it will be as a last resort. I'm still confused as to why Chaz is all wrapped up. If you're about to engage the enemy, you don't want to be scrambling to 'open' one of your best defensive weapons...

At any rate, not that I ever thought it was his first line plan, but I realized that killing Oasis cannot be Torg's Plan F. When he told Bun-Bun about Plan F, Bun-Bun's reaction was "Oh I /gotta/ see *that!" But Bun-Bun would want his rematch with Oasis - I can't imagine that he'd let Nerd-Boy dispatch her for him. Remember, telling Bun-Bun about Plan F had to convince Bun-Bun (1) not to kill Torg right then, and (2) not to have his rematch then and there. I just don't see how Torg would think that killing Oasis in front of Schlock would do any good - even if he was convinced (as apparently "we" are not) that Chaz would dispatch her permanently.

Perhaps that 'something bad' is going to be telling Schlock about his son... ...and maybe tell Schlock how much good he did in the other dimension...

P.S. Where did Frog go - and why?

What if Chazz is active? With Oasis's skills she should be able to raid a blood bank and..well one of those donors has to be innocent right?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat