Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:52 pm 
OK, so a completely out-there (and probably not even close) piece of spec (think big or go home...):

• Gwynn knows damn well that the flour bag(s) contain diamonds.
  • At some point, she will try to do a spell that will release Riff but leave K'Z'K trapped, and that spell will, for some inane reason, require diamonds.
  • She's in the middle of performing said spell when Bun-Bun breaks in threatening holy h-ll if she doesn't return his diamonds.
  • Interrupting the spell not only releases Riff but also releases K'Z'K.
  • In a panic, Gwynn casts the spell to re-imprison K'Z'K, except this time instead of inadvertently using Riff as a vessel, she inadvertently imprisons K'Z'K in Bun-Bun.
  • At first, Bun-Bun is p-ssed off as can be about the predicament and tries to torture Gwynn in her dreams, except that book-people, as it turns out, don't dream. So he really has only one creature to torture, and so he does.

One flaw (of many, I am sure) with this spec is that Bun-Bun would eventually drive PoopyPants crazy or cause him to cry "uncle" - with whatever stipulations that might buy them. But can he "win" without cracking the Omega pillar?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:35 am 
That'd be a neat what-if short story! Bunbun becoming the eternal tormentor to the bug. Then finally seeing the bug crack, just like King jerkbag who's name I forget right now did.

9.5/10, would watch

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:07 am 
Farahn Away?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:10 am 
I hate to say this but I can 100% see a tragic turn at the wedding where that red flower on Torg's tux turns into a blood pool.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Okay things seem a bit odd/confusing about the flour bags.

At first Bun-Bun was much more greatly concerned about where the empty bags were, than what was inside. Now is seems like he's only looking for a bag filled with diamonds. So if that's so, why would he go after the empties instead of interrogating the cake (and preparers) first?

The situation Pete gave us previously, doesn't seem to match what today's strip told us.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 am 
Doesn't seem that strange to me. When he found out that they had used the flour, which he did not anticipate, he wanted to make sure that the diamonds were still where he left them. When he found that they weren't that's when he decided to go around looking for them.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am 
I'm still betting on Gwynn.

Also... any chance we'll get some actual character development from Bun Bun one of these days?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:

Also... any chance we'll get some actual character development from Bun Bun one of these days?

It was most definitely Gwynn that took the diamonds. There is a very large chance that she knew they were diamonds. Or...maybe she will be surprised.

As for BunBun, I think he has a LOT of character. We have seen several sides of him, and a lot of back story for a bunny. It's interesting to think of his actual origins. Maybe one day we will find out.

I find it interesting that he has a love-hate relationship with the Gang. He DOES hurt them, but he never really wants to kill them. I think he talks really big on that one, but there have been many instances where a little thing will halt him, almost as if he welcomes the excuse to not have to actually follow through. And he has come to their defense several times. I think he himself is a bit confused by it all. I (sorta) have hope for him.
:bunbun:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am 
Bunbun definitely has a lot of background and character! Pretty well developed through tons of story arcs, both bunbun-centric, and as a side guy. The only real loose thread is that dagger and his mother.

He's very comfortable and loves where he is with the gang. He's just a stubborn old man who doesn't like to show it. You can't expect stubborn old men to change. But he's definitely extremely well fleshed out.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:

The fact that Bun-Bun didn't even think of Gwynn (honestly, the person most likely to take diamonds other than Bun-Bun himself irrespective of potential spell component use) makes me almost certain it's Gwynn.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Lord Golbez wrote:
The fact that Bun-Bun didn't even think of Gwynn (honestly, the person most likely to take diamonds other than Bun-Bun himself irrespective of potential spell component use) makes me almost certain it's Gwynn.
It's a process of elimination at this point. After Torg has a very bad day with a bunny, I think Bun-Bun will figure out that Gwynn is the only one left. I'm leaning towards her needing flour not knowing that here flour is "ice" instead.

I still think how Pete set this up is weird with the empty bags.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am 
Zillatain wrote:
I still think how Pete set this up is weird with the empty bags.

That is throwing me off quite a lot as well. I can almost see him digging through the cake as an act of desperation (last place you look). But it's confusing. Maybe bun bun is confused. Wouldn't you be if you lost a bag full of diamonds? Rage-fused.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 am 
tube_rat wrote:
blah blah cake blah blah bun bun blah blah diamonds I'm a cute little ferret in a wedding dress!

I....wait...what did you say? I keep getting distracted. Did bunbun propose?!? Congrats!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
blah blah cake blah blah bun bun blah blah diamonds I'm a cute little ferret in a wedding dress!

I....wait...what did you say? I keep getting distracted. Did bunbun propose?!? Congrats!

yes. he proposed to separate my head from the rest of my body if i kept this up.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 pm 
I don't get it. Are you all hung up on the word "empty"? Would it have bothered you as much if they called them "used" bags? He hid the diamonds in the flour bags, obviously. Clearly, he was hoping the "empty" bags weren't entirely empty. Also, he didn't want to say why he was focused on them, so clearly he couldn't call them "the place I hid my diamonds." I didn't even remember about the diamonds, but at no point in this series of strips did I take this as anything other than Bun-Bun must have hidden something in the bags of flour.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat