Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 pm 
AOL: insane3rhyno
Jormungandr wrote:
RhynoD wrote:
Out of curiosity, has anyone speculated that every Oasis is an alt-Oasis? Perhaps every death of Oasis triggers some kind of portal that brings a new Oasis in from a parallel dimension. If the dimensions are close enough to the canon dimension, Oasis wouldn't necessarily notice being vaulted into a different dimension, since the changes between them would be relatively minor.

But if someone's already suggested this, I'll be quiet and go sit in a corner.

Certainly an interesting theory. Unfortunately, though she does not remember the first time she dies (steves lab) She does remember, baring the insanity in Fire and Rain, her death when fighting Gwynn, her death when fighting Kusari, her death with Torg holding her hand in the hospital, and (most glaringly of all) Nash putting a gun in Kattie's face AFTER Oasis was shot in the head by the same.

The alts wouldn't be able to "remember" these deaths unless they died the same way in their dimension right before being poited to DoN... at which point you have to bring them back to life any way... why add dimension hopping to it.

Also remember that there is no indication that Hereti Corp or Doctor Steve had DFA or other dimensional technology before Schlock gave it to them much much later. It's possible it was in one of Riff's reports... but Doctor Steve had already left Hc before then... taking Oasis with him.

If, however, that is the case... perhaps it is a combination of this with the Weaponized Ghost's theory posited by Oasis herself.

I didn't think it was entirely plausible, but something worth thinking about for the sake of thinking about it. I could probably come up with an explanation for all of those, but really, I don't think anything will come of it. :kiki:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:48 pm 
RhynoD wrote:
I didn't think it was entirely plausible, but something worth thinking about for the sake of thinking about it. I could probably come up with an explanation for all of those, but really, I don't think anything will come of it.

Certainly. As I said, its an interesting theory (whatever my opinion is worth). I tend to slip into the "devils advocate" role quite naturally... so much so that most think I actually agree with the points I am making. In truth I try to have no attachment to any point a view, to be impartial. I meant no offense in my counterpoints. I only meant only to stimulate discussion further and find a way to refine the theory till there are no counterpoints. I would welcome your explanations (again... for whatever that's worth). :-)

In fact, I even gave one explanation myself in my previous post. And here's another: portals could potentially be natural occurring... perhaps even occurring spontaneously in response to paranormal stimuli or some sort of extra-dimensional quantum entanglement even (which is not that paranormal at all)... the counter point for that being that there is no evidence that Oasis could come back from the dead as a child... but then a counterpoint to *that* is that no one at Orsintos ever killed her to find out.

point, counterpoint, point, counterpoint, point. That was my only goal :-) Again, forgive me if it came across as offensive.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:04 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
Jormungandr wrote:
but then a counterpoint to *that* is that no one at Orsintos ever killed her to find out.

That we know of yet. That wouldn't surprise me.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
after today's comic I am wondering if there is a Mosp/Oasis connection.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 am 
Or today's comic...alt-Min wounded, Harbinger dead again...will we see Harbinger re-emerge in Min's body?

(*totally prepared to be wrong*)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 am 
The fact that there were a LOT of Explanations about The Nanites and Rebooting in 4UCity makes me think that Oasis actually has some SUPER NANITES.
Where they don't leave or stop working.
When Oasis dies she is rebuilt and her snapshot is either constantly changing or she remembers some things subconsciously.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:14 am 
Please also note that Riff got Zoes snapshot to her without being near to her - just over the large 4U-network. Something similar may happen to Oasis each time she dies as well.

In fact, Zoe may be so similar to Oasis right now that it's almost sppoky.. (her own kind of invincibility - if Old-Riff didn't EMP her as well)

TCC

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 am 
TCCPhreak wrote:
Please also note that Riff got Zoes snapshot to her without being near to her - just over the large 4U-network. Something similar may happen to Oasis each time she dies as well.

In fact, Zoe may be so similar to Oasis right now that it's almost sppoky.. (her own kind of invincibility - if Old-Riff didn't EMP her as well)

TCC

Medical nanites burn out when doing their job..

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:38 am 
Thus the Reason why I think Oasis has SUPER Nanites.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 am 
But Oasis leaves her bodies behind when she dies, doesn't particularly sound like nanites.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 am 
Keevan wrote:
But Oasis leaves her bodies behind when she dies, doesn't particularly sound like nanites.

Digbot Nanite hybrids?
only the DigbotSuperNanites don't just refresh the body but build New Ones? Maybe?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 pm 
Keevan wrote:

There hasn't been any conclusive evidence that Oasis leaves bodies behind. The best we've had is the strip related to bodies in Nash's car.

I like the nanites theory. There's a lot of differences between the way Oasis regenerates and 4U City citizens do, but it's the closest thing we have to an explanation for Oasis so far.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:13 pm 
srimech wrote:
There hasn't been any conclusive evidence that Oasis leaves bodies behind. The best we've had is the strip related to bodies in Nash's car.

Yeah, that strip would be the reason I say she leaves bodies behind. It's not definitive, sure, but as of right now there is no better explanation for the second body.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 pm 
I just read through the entire OP in one go, which is apparently a bit of a feat, so... here's a bit of speculation on the subject that combines a few theories. I was thinking about the 'Moon Twin' idea, along with Oasis's original appearance and subsequent flashbacks... Suppose that she actually is a 'twin', being cloned twice. There would be two/three forms of Oasis- Fighting [combat suit], Tactical [civilian clothing], and a centralized Computer that directs the two from long distance, most likely from a Steve outpost, possibly the house in the woods. The twins hang around each other. 'Fighting' gets in the most trouble, being directed by 'Tactical'. Fighting usually holes up in the woods somewhere, while Tactical uses her civilian appearance to her best advantage. The Computer gives Tactical advice, and Tactical relays it to Fighting. If Tactical is out of commission, Computer talks to Fighting, which leads to... interesting results. Oasis was probably picked by Steve as a child because of her already-present abilities. Steve would have cloned her, implanting a device that allowed her to communicate with the computer. If one of the two is killed, the other returns to base to pull a new clone from the hidden lab. The 'twins' share thoughts hazily, leading to previous live's memories being hazily shared through their connection, giving them misinformation and half-remembered commands.

Conceivably, this theory could be executed with only a clone and the computer, the computer being a sort of storage and planning device. Let's see what happens if Riff decides to hit Oasis with a localized EMP one of these days, especially now that he's had one used on him- which looks oddly similar to the Omni-Joy, for that matter. Hmm...

It's more likely with recent evidence for Steve to have used early nanite tech, in any case.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 pm 
Read the OP but not all the comments (come on, it's 20+ pages for K'Z'Ks sake!) and I noticed a few things I'd never noticed before...
So here's some little bits of spec, but no theory as such:
Here we see Steve try to 'kill' Torg, but less than three minutes later he draws a gun because Oasis fails to kick him out of the room. Somehow - despite being an evil mastermind - he completely misses Torg. You can't train an assassin without some knowledge of firing a gun.
We then see Oasis get mad, FIRE, and Torg escaping the compound (very little of the base is actually damaged by the 'self destruct').
Oasis comes back to life later while the fires are still burning. Steve is capable of messing with Oasis' memories (we've seen this). Much later the base is underground.

Conclusion:
Steve wanted Torg out of the room and had absolutely no intention of killing him at all (or would have done it sooner). The explosion was simply Oasis being angry (we see her angry eyes in one of the panels) any maybe some explosives as well. With thirty seconds left on the clock, but an immediate explosion, it seems entirely possible Steve survived and altered Oasis' memories before sending the base underground. Even if we didn't survive, it's unlikely he intended to kill Torg.

Also, Oasis' knives are sometimes green and sometimes not so green. This is especially important when Gwynn picks up Oasis' knife in Torg's altered memory "Oasis is a curse" line when everything else is black and white.
I don't have any spec for this, it's just something I haven't seen mentioned, but seems important because the Moon Twin is known for fine magic objects (while we're at it, she brought Stix to life, right? Why the hell not Chaz?) though I'm not a huge supporter of the moon twin theory there is definitely something to it - also Zoe's tattoo is absent in the mother of all foreshadows at a time when she should have had it. Also odd about this comic is (almost) every 'vision' panel has a gap in its boundary containing a hidden message at the gap (huff ruff, N/A, Know Thyself + You cut one down, The puppet is the puppeteer + From Heaven, She will burn, N/A) Panel 2 -which features no hidden message- looks suspiciously like an eye if you tilt your head (I've never seen someone point this out, though I have seen most of the other hidden messages).
This leaves the last panel as the odd one out (not featuring any hidden messages) except that the white of the outline VAGUELY looks like Bun Bun (more like his Groundhog shadow actually) and he is burned in the same day as Zoe - but that's a stretch, and no shadow at the time...

We also know Oasis can see through her dead body, and may leave a body (all signs indicate yes, but no confirmation) that she can start fires with her mind, and as such is impervious to them or at least resilient, comes back from the dead, and all of this is confusing.
Our best clue would be this faceless figure in the first and third panel, but his face can't be seen. Oh, and to settle the score on any theories that say Oasis' hair is important She's had it like that for a while even in the picture before she was proof-positive, but I prefer that one.

And that's all I have to add for now. Make of it what you will, but it definitely proves Pete is up to something and has been for an eerily long time.
Tiny bit of spec:
All a HC agent has to do to avoid death by B1 is to 'quit' (whether they do or don't). Maybe Torg can avoid being loved by just getting a name change... It' a thought.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat