Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:10 pm 
I'm also a big fan of the Oasis nanite theory.
The main reason is the huge effort Pete have put in explaining the nanites in the major and recent storyline 4U City.
Also, we have seen before that nanites have been used to create a quite deadly monster out of dr. Crabtree, a co-scientist of Schlock.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 am 
Djublonskopf wrote:
Has anybody suggested that Theresa might be Oasis?

I'm glad Torg finally had the same thought I did back in May . . ..

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:53 am 
Regarding Slaw = Oasis.
The last time we heard about :oasis: , she had her head cut off.
Do you think that might have done something to her memory?

A reason to not be so suspicious to Slaw is that she have a reasonable background story as the sister of Monicruel, unlike the last agent-in-hiding :sasha: .
Then either a) Monicruel were in the game of providing her with a cover story,
or b) she was secretly replaced with a copy of herself.

Monicruel might be cunning enough to pull off the bluff from a, but to help which side?
We haven't heard of anyone beside Hereti-Corp who attempt to control Oasis, and a Monicruel - hC alliance seems far fetched.

So far the infiltration abilities of :oasis: have been limited, a hidden Oasis would not fool the sister of her immitation.
Then the possibility is that she was changed after the last contact with Monicruel - that is a quite short timeframe.

Lastly, since Kusari was modelled after Oasis, Slaw might be K.
But that would invoke the same problems again.

Anyway, the behavior of Slaw is far from anything we have seen from Oasis.
If she really is Oasis, then someone managed to gain control over her to cause this behavior.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:11 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Now that I think about it... Check the top right panel of this comic. That's Oasis' Father, Steven Hereti. Doesn't he look sorta like Chrushetro before the chromification?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:48 pm 
I strongly suspect this entire plot was a red-herring intended to prevent Torg from getting laid and create dramatic tension into the gang just before they get trapped under megatons of rubble.

That said, Pete has a impressive track-record at this point of introducing likeable, quirky ladies who turn out to be unexpectedly dangerous or hiding something. So I'm not ruling anything out.

Kajin wrote:
Now that I think about it... Check the top right panel of this comic. That's Oasis' Father, Steven Hereti. Doesn't he look sorta like Chrushetro before the chromification?

The resemblance is impressive- though Steve's head is squatter and he's shorter overall. I'm leaning towards it simply being a similarity of drawing styles, AKA Old Man Riff and other bearded gentlemen. Though Pete clearly has built similarities in the past for a plot purpose (Feng-Schlock's "nice beard!" exchange)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 pm 
Just throwing this out there:

If there's something to the "Slaw = Oasis" angle we were introduced to, then what will happen when (if?) they actually meet?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:12 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: KarlMonster
Kajin wrote:
That's a quite good observation, but I don't see Dr Steve being an "I CRUSH YOU!!!!!" kinda guy...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:04 pm 
KarlMonster wrote:
Kajin wrote:
That's a quite good observation, but I don't see Dr Steve being an "I CRUSH YOU!!!!!" kinda guy...

A close relation then?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:45 pm 
balthazar wrote:
KarlMonster wrote:
Kajin wrote:

A close relation then?

I can see it now, Oasis running up to him and yelling:

"Uncle Crushy!"

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:58 pm 
migB wrote:
Very interresting speculation. One death involved a bullet through the head.
Her body was blown up when Todd used grenades in his stand-off with Nash Straw.
Nash saw her behind a corner before the body was blown up, but she only attacked him once her body in the trunk was blown up. Maybe she was ghosting, being either immaterial or not fully aware? ...
My immediate idea is that she have a repair system (maybe nanites) that will heal even mortal wounds like a bullet in the brain. That explains why she saw Nash reclaim her body. But then there is a secondary system which make her a new body if the old one is completely destroyed in an explosion or something else. ...The idea about fire/explosions actually healing Oasis goes nice with her pyrokinetic abilities.
But if that is her only way of regenerating, that would mean all of her resurrections would be more-or-less pure luck....

Oasis cannot resurrect. Feng learned that there were three bodies recovered from the police station and one survivor. The corpses were Lupae, Officer Tod, and Oasis, with Nash barely surviving the operating table.
Edit: No-one identified the Oasis corpse, so the possibility (uttered by Oasis herself) of her being different people is still... undisproven.

There were two Oases. One in the car, and one beating Nash like an ... um... Nash-beating-thing.
I don't have the link handy, but I seem to recall that Dr Steve's base turned out to be quite close to Podunkton.

At the end of Burned, Schlock is jamming "everything", but scanning for a signal. A signal which is probably also being jammed.
What's he scanning for? There are only two real possibilities of interest to Schlock; Riff and Oasis. Schlock knows something of how the DFA works, so he could have been scanning for a DFA transmission. However, I think he was scanning for a signal coming from Oasis. A signal to crack open a new can, cause this one is getting skunky. [Schlock was trying to find Dr Steve's base, and I think this occurred before Torg and Sasha pin-pointed it from space. I don't think you can track the destination of a signal this way, but at least you can discover what kind of signal it is.] If the transmission was sent - but Schlock jammed it - then Schlock was holding the only living Oasis, while preventing another Oasis from being activated. So temporarily, Schlock had what he wanted in the way of the Oasis Triangle. Nash wrecked that plan.
That is why Dr Schlock had to locate Oasis again.

So to summarize, Oasis has at least some hardware (or other kind of ability) to monitor her vitals, and augment current programming with commands from Dr Steve. [Dr Schlock hopes to replace Dr Steve in this respect.] This hardware/ability is also how Oasis has post-headshot knowledge that Nash was pointing a gun at Katie.

Last edited by KarlMonster on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:04 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
{quote singularity}
I can see it now, Oasis running up to him and yelling:
"Uncle Crushy!"
"I CRUSH.... er ... I HUG YOU!!!!" (embarrassed look)

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:03 am 
Well... now we know that whatever Oasis is, she has no soul, if the original "universe blueprint" was kept in place.

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:31 am 
AOL: Radgast42
To me that fits well with the nanite theory. "A controlled mind made human" doesn't have a soul if it's a swarm of nanites.

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:46 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Well... now we know that whatever Oasis is, she has no soul, if the original "universe blueprint" was kept in place.

I'm still holding out about that. We don't know that Souls are the ONLY reason one can be outside the Web. What about Deities? Kronus and Prozy are both outside the web, but trapped Kozy/K'Z'K in it intentionally- implying gods have different rules than sentient mortals (perhaps a soul is a moot point for a Diving Being). We know the Dinosaurs were not in it, but were seemingly being moved by Prozy towards Sentience. Perhaps they had souls, but the ones' hidden under the Earth (in that silly sideplot) were simply not woven in because no one realized they had survived. Oasis could a) be a Deity b) Predate the Web somehow c) Have been booted from the web somehow, perhaps by magic or some other act- just as Bun Bun was booted from Time for a bit.

We know Zoe currently has a soul since she almost lost it to the Soul-Bargaining Demons (see my theories Stormbreaker means she is an Incarnation of Prozy). We don't know if Bun Bun, a nearly confirmed god or former god has a soul because he never made it into the Soul-Demons' Realm (Torg was only tricked into thinking he was there). Or of whatever happened to Bun Bun to make him forget his god status gave him a soul and thus bound him to the Web.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 pm 
(Total Speculation Ahoy. Read at own risk.)

Okay, so we know that Oasis and Kusari have some kind of link, right? And that apparently Bun-Bun is a surviving god of Mokhadun.

What if Oasis / Kusari are the reincarnations of the sun and moon demigoddesses of Mokhadun (Rana and Dunaloa)? Oasis reincarnated with power of the sun (fire) but no memory, and Kusari reincarnated with no powers but some memory of the other gods of Mokhadun (including a notable fear of Bun-Bun for his power god status).

Dr. Steve finds the twins, wipes out whatever minds they have, makes them both programmable killing machines. Kusari is seemingly discarded due to her lack of supernatural ability. Daedelus Hereti takes control of Kusari, programs her to be loyal to Hereti-Corp. Due to the fact that the two goddesses are fraternal twins, Kusari believes she was made in Oasis's image.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat